How did your Broadhead perform 2015

Billdogge

Mine (Slick Tricks 100gr Magnums) worked great but I've made a change regardless.

I killed a doe and a buck with them this fall, the doe was uneventful and the head performed perfectly.

The buck I killed was about 17 yards and although I had an entrance (duh) and exit the exit only consisted of a poke through, the broadhead and about 6" of shaft stayed in the Bucks chest.

I center punched the heart and I would have expected the arrow to go all the way through.

Not too big a deal as the results were good but left me wondering.........so, after a number of years of use and probably 10 deer kills I decided to look a little deeper.

After reading more about the Slick Trick Viper Tricks I ordered two packages. They are supposed to penetrate better than the standard or magnum ST heads. We'll see...............

• Like 1

Muzzy 75gr performed flawlessly. About as perfect of a shot as you could ask for though. 22 yards, almost perfectly broadside, 60 pound draw weight from 20 feet up with no obstructions at all. It was a clean pass through and the deer just trotted off about 20 yards and died in sight. It is the third or fourth deer killed with this broadhead.

• Like 2

Mine (Slick Tricks 100gr Magnums) worked great but I've made a change regardless.

I killed a doe and a buck with them this fall, the doe was uneventful and the head performed perfectly.

The buck I killed was about 17 yards and although I had an entrance (duh) and exit the exit only consisted of a poke through, the broadhead and about 6" of shaft stayed in the Bucks chest.

I center punched the heart and I would have expected the arrow to go all the way through.

Not too big a deal as the results were good but left me wondering.........so, after a number of years of use and probably 10 deer kills I decided to look a little deeper.

After reading more about the Slick Trick Viper Tricks I ordered two packages. They are supposed to penetrate better than the standard or magnum ST heads. We'll see...............

I killed eight point buck with viper trick, arrow went right through, hit liver... He went 300 yards barely any blood,, we ended up following tracks through a soy field, and found him... I'm switching back to grim reaper mechanical.... Better blood trail..hope you have better luck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I shoot 100 grain slick tricks. 1 bear no pass through. Went 60 yards. 1 doe went 40 yards. 1 buck went 20 yards. Glad I went back to them. May not leave a blood trail lick rage but get great penitration. If you hit them right you will find them.

• Like 2

Doe and a buck with rage hypodermics...perfect shot on the doe.. I'm not sure if she made it 30 yds..I had to be careful and not walk where she went to avoid being covered in blood...6 point went maybe 70-100yds...great blood trail..terrible shot..he was quarting to me and moving.(I didn't think he was quarting when I shot?). Arow entered through the guts and broke the back leg..like I said terrible shot, just lucky and hit the femural artery.

• Like 1

i have an issue with the rage broadheads i bought they dont stay in the locked position even when the arrows knocked also i bought the replacement blades $22 what a waste of money they are impossible to get the old ones out and put the new ones in have yet to shoot a deer with them so cant comment on how they preform

Horrible, 3 blade rage ,never again. This big boy is thankful though. I haven't told anyone except for my dad who helped me track the 200 yard blood trail til it dried up. I hit him at 7:30 in the first days of archery,walked straight lines for hundreds of yards the rest of the day from the last blood spot ,we ended up getting pics of him on the trail camera a few weeks later which really set me at ease. It must have been a solid shoulder ball hit because it only entered the depth of the broadhead. Sick to my stomach for weeks until we saw him again perfectly fine.

post-2694-0-21178300-1450532156_thumb.jp

post-2694-0-44047600-1450532190_thumb.jp

• Like 2

No more fancy pants broad-heads for me. Carbon express do great budget heads. I brought a 10 point down with their native head. 3 heads for $15

51QUGkaM%2BOL._SX466_.jpg

And the result:

I use their Torrid mech, have been for a lot of years and they are awesome. Big COC head and three blades. Two does this year one down in sight the other under 100 yards and heard her go down in a creek.

I get them after the season sometimes for $9 a pack

• Like 2

Horrible, 3 blade rage ,never again. This big boy is thankful though. I haven't told anyone except for my dad who helped me track the 200 yard blood trail til it dried up. I hit him at 7:30 in the first days of archery,walked straight lines for hundreds of yards the rest of the day from the last blood spot ,we ended up getting pics of him on the trail camera a few weeks later which really set me at ease. It must have been a solid shoulder ball hit because it only entered the depth of the broadhead. Sick to my stomach for weeks until we saw him again perfectly fine.

Thats cool that you saw him alive and well again. No head is going through that spot
  • Like 2

I got a new bow this year and decided to try a different broadhead. I read alot of reviews and I went with NAP killzones.i had always shot NAP Thunderheads and they always worked great. I ended up shooting a little guy at 15 yards, arrow clipped a twig a few yards before him and it hit his spine. The broadhead opened completely and completely passed through the spine. It severed the spine, no bent blades, tip still sharp. So I will b getting more next year, 100 grain 2 blade.

• Like 1

Thats cool that you saw him alive and well again. No head is going through that spot

So true , i can't even tell you guys how absolutely sick to my stomach i was after that day , i lost sleep for  days reliving the moment i released on him just saying over and over again to aim a couple inches higher, the highlight of my season was seeing him on the trail camera again and not even being able to see where the arrow hit. 

• Like 4