What Would You Buy If You Left NY?

Five Seasons

Purchasing ammo from vendors across the country with the best price and having it shipped to my home.

Al

More so than any gun I can't have here in NY. This is what would benefit me the most, as I don't reload. Well not yet anyway. Looking on line, there are so many ammo deals that l can not take advantage of. It would be nice to just get a better price and selection of ammo for the guns I have now.

More so than any gun I can't have here in NY. This is what would benefit me the most, as I don't reload. Well not yet anyway. Looking on line, there are so many ammo deals that l can not take advantage of. It would be nice to just get a better price and selection of ammo for the guns I have now.

In my case I have a couple of older double shotguns that are not proofed to fire steel shot for waterfowl. Kent matrix Bismuth is the only shot I will use in these guns but there is none to be had anywhere in central NY. I found plenty of it available online but can not have it shipped.

I finally found a vendor that carry's IXT shot which is a Bismuth type shot for reloading and purchased some of that so now I can make up a batch of my own. 

Like you said Grampy there can be had many good deals on ammo to be found online but for us NYers because of the king and his safe act we are screwed!

Al

Edited by airedale
  • Like 1

The correct answer is.... A bottle of champagne !

If you pick a state like Tenn. with no state tax and a really low property tax one can buy many things .

My sister pays 20k in property taxes up here , her sons house outside of Nashville is larger and he pays 2K .

• Like 3

It's not even the price, as it is the selection. Typically down south the price of ammo is affordable. Sure there are some great deals if you're looking, but I couldn't find 168 GR hornady superformance rounds anywhere but online. That's what's nice about buying ammo online.

I know a lot of you guys don't like AR's for hunting but I really wish I could get an AR 10 for deer. I should have purchased one a long time ago but never had the $$ to spend. I am so worried with my BAR in the woods. It bouncing off the tree stand ladder while I am pulling it up etc. It would be so nice to have a woods gun that I loved that I didn't care if it hit the tree stand ladder or got layed on the ground or slid in the back of my truck....

In my case I have a couple of older double shotguns that are not proofed to fire steel shot for waterfowl. Kent matrix Bismuth is the only shot I will use in these guns but there is none to be had anywhere in central NY. I found plenty of it available online but can not have it shipped.

I finally found a vendor that carry's IXT shot which is a Bismuth type shot for reloading and purchased some of that so now I can make up a batch of my own. 

Like you said Grampy there can be had many good deals on ammo to be found online but for us NYers because of the king and his safe act we are screwed!

Al

You can still buy your ammo online and have it shipped to an FFL or ammunition seller locally. Assuming the website hasn't just taken a screw NYS policy. 

I'm not moving out of state but if I did I would buy some flood cars to rebuild.This is something I have been thinking of doing for a hobby.Auctions here I come.Yea go ahead and bust my chops but there is a lot of value left to these cars trucks and their parts as long as it is not salt water.

I have been bitten twice by dogs. People need to keep them under control .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A plastic squirt-gun with ammonia was a pretty good self-defense tool when I was a kid running a trapline or a paper route. I carried one well into adult-hood to keep dogs away from my motorcycle as well. Does anyone even sell squirt-guns anymore in NYS?

• Like 1

You can still buy your ammo online and have it shipped to an FFL or ammunition seller locally. Assuming the website hasn't just taken a screw NYS policy. 

I tried that route for the Kent Matrix bismuth I could not find a single dealer around my area who could locate any, all said their distributors did not carry it, I even made a post about it here last fall as to anyone knowing a of a dealer that carried it.

As for other ammo the savings and convenience of buying direct from online would be lost, on the other hand for certain very hard to get ammo one will have to bite the bullet and pay the shot to whomever can get it.

Al

• Like 1

Let see I would buy a 2nd and 3rd wife then move back to NY and bring them with me.I love my wife #1  and the 2nd would be the cook the 3rd would be for house keeping only. If I were a wealthy Man this is what I would buy among all the toys/Firearms.

A plastic squirt-gun with ammonia was a pretty good self-defense tool when I was a kid running a trapline or a paper route. I carried one well into adult-hood to keep dogs away from my motorcycle as well. Does anyone even sell squirt-guns anymore in NYS?

I did the same thing as a newsboy back in late 50s. Squirt gun with ammonia. There was one dog I wanted to nail real bad. I barely hit him in the neck once. From then on he'd still run toward the bike and bark but he always kept his distance 20 or so feet away. You don't want a squirt gun that leaks though or you'll end up smelling like you wet your pants. 

Where would I move? Arizona. Sedona for the winters and Flagstaff in summers. and head for Colorado for elk season.

Edited by RoadKill44

Been in Florida for the past month and its a real gun friendly state. They have a right to carry hand guns. Both my brothers and two sister inlaws carry. Not a problem. My question is why is ever one's 1st amendment right all the same in this country but not the 2nd amendment. I have the 2nd amendment right in NY to keep my handguns in a sealed box only to be taken out to go to range or to and from hunting. For that right I pay $200 every 5 yrs. This just isn't right!!!!