My Good Deed For The Day..............................

Lawdwaz

Although I held the door for little old ladies (music reference) at Tim Horton's this morning, I did another deed of greater importance later in the morning.

I took a ride down to Canadice to retrieve trail cameras and hunt for sheds.  I travel Middle Road all the time year round and pick up lots of trash when I have the time.  There has been a TV in the ditch that I have been eye balling for 6 months.  Some SOB tossed it late last summer IIRC and nobody else picked it up.  Granted, it was rolled probably 25-30 feet down the bank and heavy as all get out. 

Today was the day that I had the time, gloves and right boots on my feet to get r done.  :)

Now the Town Of Amherst will get it........they have a drop off at the highway dept.  I'll swing by some day this week and pitch it.  In the mean time, if anybody wants it, holler.

image_zpse0cvoau4.jpeg

Did I mention it WAS heavy? 

• Like 16

If I didn't regularly drag trash outta' the woods I'd be coming home empty-handed most of the time. :sorry:

Oh heck yes, I do it all the time but this was a nut buster!  I thought about calling AAA and having them winch it out...........:)

• Like 1

Although I held the door for little old ladies (music reference) at Tim Horton's this morning, I did another deed of greater importance later in the morning.

I took a ride down to Canadice to retrieve trail cameras and hunt for sheds.  I travel Middle Road all the time year round and pick up lots of trash when I have the time.  There has been a TV in the ditch that I have been eye balling for 6 months.  Some SOB tossed it late last summer IIRC and nobody else picked it up.  Granted, it was rolled probably 25-30 feet down the bank and heavy as all get out. 

Today was the day that I had the time, gloves and right boots on my feet to get r done.  :)

Now the Town Of Amherst will get it........they have a drop off at the highway dept.  I'll swing by some day this week and pitch it.  In the mean time, if anybody wants it, holler.

image_zpse0cvoau4.jpeg

Did I mention it WAS heavy? 

Other than the missing back that looks like the BIG SUM BITCH on my tv stand.Good deed for sure,I would snip off the wire's and save for a rainy day.

You did good LD!!!

I walk around my neighborhood almost daily. There is a stretch of road with woods on both sides and no houses, and it never ceases to amaze me at people dumping their crap on each side of this road!!! There are some true morons running around!!!

Lawdwaz

I hunt the Canadice area quite often and this year was the worst I have ever seen it for trash. I picked up quite a bit  and it never fails to amaze me the crap hunters leave in the woods.  Must be a new generation.

Never saw a tv but I am sure if I looked hard enough I would.

Thanks for picking it up!

Better check at the town (transfer station?) to see if they accept TV's, as most don't. (Honestly, I don't think they can.) Can't dispose of TV's at landfills (regulatory violation) and I've never heard of a transfer station that can accept them, because of this. I worked at a household hazardous waste disposal day last summer and we were told we couldn't even accept them there. There are some companies that will take them off of your hands, but you gotta pay $40-$50/each.

Since landfills can't accept them and you have to pay $ to dispose of them properly, some people just feel like they have no choice but to chuck them out along the road. 

Hope you're good deed doesn't make you stuck with it!

Better check at the town (transfer station?) to see if they accept TV's, as most don't. (Honestly, I don't think they can.) Can't dispose of TV's at landfills (regulatory violation) and I've never heard of a transfer station that can accept them, because of this. I worked at a household hazardous waste disposal day last summer and we were told we couldn't even accept them there. There are some companies that will take them off of your hands, but you gotta pay $40-$50/each.

Since landfills can't accept them and you have to pay $ to dispose of them properly, some people just feel like they have no choice but to chuck them out along the road. 

Like I mentioned above, the Town Of Amherst will take them at their Highway Dept.  They'll also take propane tanks, computers, monitors and concrete.

The taxes are high enough here that they have to take them! :)

• Like 3

Like I mentioned above, the Town Of Amherst will take them at their Highway Dept. They'll also take propane tanks, computers, monitors and concrete.

The taxes are high enough here that they have to take them! :)

They most likely run a recycling program like the town of Evans....leave them in piles on pallets and plastic wrapped for easy transportation....they in turn call a recycling company when x amount pile up and receive a small fee for turning them in...most likely paid by the weight.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

When in doubt that's why they still make black plastic garbage bags. Into the black bag the questionable garbage goes, from their into dumpster where the truck rolls down the street, picks up and dumps contents into truck and away all the trash goes. Bye bye TV's a/c's computers, monitors and whatever else is no longer good.

Looks very similar to this TV that some clown was giving away a few years ago, hmmmmm.......

http://huntingny.com/forums/topic/13119-wny-deal-of-the-day-dont-delay/?hl=television#entry172883

:taunt:

Ha, nice detective work!  This one isn't the same manufacture as mine and to be honest, mine was even heavier!  I don't think I could have lugged mine up the hill..................

Never seen it advertised... Is it all Best Buys...or only a service if you buy new from them?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No, I have brought 3 tv a few months ago after buying one. They will even help you bring them in
  • Like 1

Ha, nice detective work! This one isn't the same manufacture as mine and to be honest, mine was even heavier! I don't think I could have lugged mine up the hill..................

I remembered that thread because I had a tv just like it that I left at my sisters house because I was sick of moving it. She couldn't give the damn thing away and I still ended up moving it. Haha

Must have weighed close to 250-300 lbs.

• Like 1