Awesome card pull from new cam...

I've been watching several nice bucks all summer coming out of a marshy little wetland area at my best shed hunting farm.  I finally bought a new Browning Trail Cam and set it up to get a closer look last week. It took 6 days...but the boys finally showed yesterday evening.  There were no trees to mount the camera on where I wanted to put it so it's set up on a threaded stake right in the cloverfield where they've been coming out. It's pretty funny to see their reaction when they notice the plastic box hovering in the air and come closer to check it out.

This one in particular peaks my interest. Love those big brows!!! He's not a high scorer by any means but he has a huge body and I believe that he's at least 5 years old based on the fact that he resided in the same area last year too. He sure looks like a fully mature buck with that big old roman nose...

zIMG_0115.jpg

zIMG_0165.jpg

Shooter #2, he's definately got some good mass and lots of character!!!

zIMG_0102.jpg

zIMG_0107.jpg

zIMG_0108.jpg

Couple of nice young bucks...

zIMG_0130.jpg

zIMG_0088.jpg

zIMG_0137.jpg

zIMG_0047.jpg

zIMG_0152.jpg

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 15

Nice bucks. Can't imagine seeing all at once in shooting range and having to decide which one. It would be like mule deer hunting where you go rack to rack to rack before shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Give him another year . What are the GPS coordinates ? 

Region 8

There is another bachelor group hanging out on this farm just up the road with a couple of beautiful 10's. Wish I could get pics of them but I'm only going to concentrate on this one spot because my uncle hunts there. He killed this buck back in '13 in the field that my cam is set in...

IMG_0475y.jpg

• Like 4

look at all that flat ground out there and big bucks!  definitely see the roman nose/depth in the 2nd picture.  all nice deer though in there own right.  any idea on how many typical stick around versus stray when comparing your summer bachelor groups versus open season?

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

How do you choose where to put your cam when the fields look so big?

I'm having that exact problem at another spot right now (30 acre alfalfa field)...it's got more bucks than any area I have but they keep skipping my cams. Not much you can do other than be patient.

The area in the pics isn't that big. There's a 2 acre marsh behind the cam where the deer are bedding, it's all cattail and scrubby stuff. Off to the left there is a small woodlot. The cam is on a point that juts out where I've been watching them come out all summer. They tend to feed along the edge of the brush. I'm right on the brush line so the deer you see aren't in the middle of a big fieldthere are right on the edge of cover. Like I mentioned, it took six days to get them on cam.

• Like 2

I'm having that exact problem at another spot right now (30 acre alfalfa field)...it's got more bucks than any area I have but they keep skipping my cams. Not much you can do other than be patient.

The area in the pics isn't that big. There's a 2 acre marsh behind the cam where the deer are bedding, it's all cattail and scrubby stuff. Off to the left there is a small woodlot. The cam is on a point that juts out where I've been watching them come out all summer. They tend to feed along the edge of the brush. I'm right on the brush line so the deer you see aren't in the middle of a big fieldthere are right on the edge of cover. Like I mentioned, it took six days to get them on cam.

Cool!

Thanks for sharing!  Very nice bucks!  I would get thrown out if I posted the pics of our deer, lol.  Good grief your uncle shot a slob!  WOW!  Makes me want to move!  Good luck this year WNY Bowhunter!  Hope you get your hands on those long G1's!

• Like 2

holly cow  there some nice deer ...I would deff get the shakes I had a hugh 10 prob 150 class perfect deer in 3s area bunch of years back  at 20 yrds clear shot and I could not get the bow up I was shaking so bad  .....love the fever .......best of luck  this year