What trips your fall trigger?

dbHunterNY

Quote: "What trips your fall trigger?"

I tell you what doesn't trip any triggers is this damn day-after-day of 90+ degrees temperature.

By the way guys, don't be in too much of a hurry to wish your life away. Come next February when we're slipping and sliding all over the road through the 10 inches of slush, and reading our heating bill, we will be daydreaming about the good old summer months with the fishing and nice cold beer under a shade tree, and munching down the stakes off the grill. I love the fall hunt, but there is always that looming winter hot on it's heels.

And by the way, I love all those nice, sunny, picture-book, photos of the colorful leaves that we get to see about 2 or 3 days all Fall (if we're lucky). But most of Fall is gray skies with near constant drizzle and gale-force winds.

I can't wait for that sight!!!! All I do is maintain that hole in the ground. My wife and daughters, and their friends, just sun tan on the patio and occasionally  float around the pool on rafts…no one even swims!! I jump in now and then.. My son and his friends go jump of a bridge into a local creek and could care less about the pool.  BUNCH OF CRAP!!!!! 

You know I'm sitting here drinking coffee watching my new pool fill up and you drop this on me?!?! I'm not one to complain to a moderator but I think a lifetime ban is called for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote: "What trips your fall trigger?"

I tell you what doesn't trip any triggers is this damn day-after-day of 90+ degrees temperature.

By the way guys, don't be in too much of a hurry to wish your life away. Come next February when we're slipping and sliding all over the road through the 10 inches of slush, and reading our heating bill, we will be daydreaming about the good old summer months with the fishing and nice cold beer under a shade tree, and munching down the stakes off the grill. I love the fall hunt, but there is always that looming winter hot on it's heels.

And by the way, I love all those nice, sunny, picture-book, photos of the colorful leaves that we get to see about 2 or 3 days all Fall (if we're lucky). But most of Fall is gray skies with near constant drizzle and gale-force winds.

Holy negativity! Haha

When the school buses hit the road again is my 1st trigger. The countdown to Oct 1st begins. After I've sat in the tree a few times in the 70-80deg temps, my enthusiasm wanes. Then it picks up again when the leaves turn color, begin to fall and morning temps become much cooler. Okay,  maybe to some extent seeing the smaller bucks roaming around in daylight mid to late October is encouraging and frustrating all at the same time. The main trigger for me is Halloween, time for getting serious from then on!!

Edited by nyslowhand

6 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

Holy negativity! Haha

What is negative about "fishing and nice cold beer under a shade tree, and munching down the stakes off the grill"? To each season there is a purpose. Enjoy each one before wishing it away. About the only negativity that I can think of is the howling winds and 3' snow drifts and the sub-zero temperature that I know will follow fall. I know what I will be thinking then, looking out the window debating whether to cancel appointments or not. I will be sitting there daydreaming about the tie of year we are in right now. Enjoy it. Don't wish it away.