LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

Rats love humans...Back in the day babies in NYC and other cities I would assume were killed by rats in their cribs...OMG apparently they are still doing this...
http://nypost.com/2016/01/07/rats-gnaw-baby-to-death/

Supposedly rats smell the left over milk drool on babies mouths and that's what starts them off. Normally they won't dare approach with an adult near by. This mom needs to be charged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After a total of 7 hours sitting today, saw 2 doe on the move away from me and a buck hidden in pines about 150 yds away. Did not see anything else but kept hearing those dang squirrels and chipmunks behind me that sounded like a herd of elephants. Oh well. Last opportunity is tomorrow morning. I will be looking for the big buck but if a nice doe walks out she's going down.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Deer seem to be moving in the afternoon here. Going to go in tomorrow at around 11 and stay in. Walked around the whole property today and ended up back by my tree stand with 2 deer 30 yards from it. Had the crosshairs on a doe but seemed small wind blew and they smelt me and ran. They were at the same spot as they were yesterday, couldn't tell what the other deer was. They were in some real thick cover. 

Edited by BigMike

A little intel for the sharing:

I had to drive from Rensselaer County to Columbia County. I started at 12:45 and drove until 1:40. Saw many, many deer up and on hoof in field corners. Groups of doe, and single deer.

Drove again at 3:30, and deer were up and in field again.

They're moving here in region 4, this side of the Hudson.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Biggest buck I ever saw was the fields on Broadway by twin village scrap. Huge nontypical with stickers everywhere.

There were +30 deer at Broadway driving range at dusk tonight right down the street from there. Would be easy shooting as yardage markers are there lol 

• Like 2

Had two does sneak behind me tonight ,, by the time I figured it out they were out of range,, also had a spike but to far to shoot,, snowing in 7J tonight and about 3 inches going to go out in morning hopefully harvest a doe..

They were moving shortly after 3 pm  for me and my partner missed one about the same time on the other side of the property,, lots of tracks and fresh one in my track in on the way out ..

Still hope going to take whatever comes by at this point no more free passes :)

Good luck in the am 

Well dang. Deer are moving. In 1.5-2  mile stretch (Harris Hill in Lancaster into Clarence ) I had 3 slow downs as deer on side of road and another stand on brakes as 2 fawns jumped in front me.  Almost had those two tender little things. Was oddly going to put deer carrier back on car in prep I hit one on that route as also hunting in the morning. Good feeling I'll punch another tag in the morning. Just hopefully not on my way there. 

• Like 1

I too saw a bunch of deer movement from almost hitting a huge doe on Rt 7, outside of Cobleskill. To seeing many deer along field edges including a couple real nice bucks. Between the towns of Schoharie, Middlberg and Berne. And one absolutely huge buck, standing in someone's back yard on the hill in Huntersland. I'll be out all day tomorrow ! 

• Like 2

Oops. Got here a little early. Big bruiser buck with head down just off the road eating whatever Bipperts produce farms had growing at Transit n Clinton. Saw a sheriff having guy walk the plank. Nothing good comes of that at 4:45 am. Good luck dude , you brought it upon yourself. Only hunting til 10:30 as daughter has her Nutcracker performance today and all the family going. Should be fun and a friend / forum members daughter has the lead role of Clara. Today seems like a nice day to shoot a deer and I plan on just that  9H -32 degrees - a whopping 2 mph NW wind  Good luck to all today  

• Like 2