LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

Red tail hawk just came screaming by.that'll shut these tree rats down for a while..,, I hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My brother had a hawk dive bomb a doe and fawn this morning in front of him spooking them off. He was not thrilled! Lol

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 4:51 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Can anyone tell me why this turkeyfeathers quote won't go away? First time this year I bumped one on the way in....seen two doe and a spike so far...nothing closer than 50 yds..still good to see some

Hungover here in 3S. Football and this thread will be my only
Productivity today.

Have some greasy food and "hair of the dog"!
Might be joining the football watching crowd soon as I watch the big green mass on the radar bearing down!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ApexerER said:
On 10/26/2016 at 4:51 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Can anyone tell me why this turkeyfeathers quote won't go away? First time this year I bumped one on the way in....seen two doe and a spike so far...nothing closer than 50 yds..still good to see some

Oh but I like it lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rockspek said:

You down the street from me this morning?

Ha most mornings ! I'm working 4 days the month of Nov. !

Couple doe came by and some running and chasing in cut beans.

way to many leaves still up too.

Great morning here. Sat a buddies property and stuck a nice doe. Got her back to the house and hung up. Debating on whether or not i should let her hang until tomorrow before butchering. It's supposed to get to 50 here today. A little on the warm side. But it is gonna rain and then cool off into low 30s tonight and stay in the low to mid 40s tomorrow. I'm thinking it will be alright to let her hang overnight.

In total I saw 5 deer. A button buck early on and then the group of 2 does and 2 fawns came in around 8. Appeared to be the biggest doe was the momma and then the doe I shot was kinda off to the side on its own. Looks to be around 2 years old maybe. But 4J tags are unlimited and my freezer needs fillin! So a hypodermic she took to the lungs. Made it about 60 yards. Stopped and stood for a moment. Fell over, gave a couple kicks and was done. Arrow was sticking straight up in the ground with the lighted nock beaming. Text book morning. Feels good when things go smooth and right.

• Like 7

Congrats on the doe ADK.  She should be fine hanging overnight and tomorrow if the temp stays under 50.   I cut up a doe on Friday that had hung since last Sunday (the temps were in the mid 30's to mid 40's the whole time).  My daughter and I had the tenderloins for lunch yesterday and they were about the most tender I can remember.   The week prior, I took a doe up north in the really warm conditions, and I dropped her off at the processors in Lowville.   It was nearly 80 then so I had few other options but to let them skin it and get it into their cooler right away.    

Edited by wolc123
typo
  • Like 1

Found and followed blood on the doe from last night. We found where the deer bedded down. Then it gets interesting. Found area all torn up and fresh blood. Twenty yards away a gut pile. I'm guessing a hunter this morning jumped the deer and put it down. Sucks that I didn't get to recover it but at least it didn't go to waste.

• Like 2

I'm sitting here laughing about it...morning total bust from start to finish rain showed 2 hours early...that doe,and I'm AFTER HER NOW!...hahahaha. I was thinking on my walk up ,seeing nothing on lower cams...that this just  may be one of those bust years for me...can't remember the last time that's happened but at least I know there are a couple of bigger guys around...though I heard the neighbors 4wheeler slowly driving at his place...he may have connected on one of them..That's OK...One more guy out of the picture just before the action heats up:wink:

So at about 1055 I just lowered my bow and unhooked from safety rope...I hear something, look towards the sound, and see this little 6 pt walking through. He ends up going by me at 20 yds and hangs out for a few minutes in front of me...close enough where I could hear him peeing on the leaves. Man I'm glad he wasn't one of the shooters.

20161030_105427.jpg

• Like 1