LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

So, a disappointing morning sit in the new stand over the large scrape I found. A camera indicated a high probability of Deer action over it after 7 am, but it was not to be. Felt pretty warm this morning too. I did however pull a card over the large community scrape in the furthermost corner of the woods. This is an area by a road, where deer cross in from the other side. This camera indicated both morning and evening action every day. The two horned freak deer (at least 2 yrs old) I am chasing actually used this scrape this morning, during legal light. Gutted...

I have  moved a stand near this community area now for this evening and tomorrow. I am determined not to eat bow-tag soup. I really want that two horned devil !

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 4:51 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

This is crazy but apparently you will be getting quoted from me everytime I post in this thread....I thought I was going to have my second coyote of the season down..I needed him to take another step or 2 and clear a tree. It never happened...he just bolted for no reason....I was drawn for at least 30 seconds...didn't move and didn't make a sound...wind in my favor...must be a sixth sense

Back at it this evening. Rain stopped about 45 min ago the temperature is dropping with just a light breeze in the air. Only thing missing is my daughter who picked trick or treating over sitting out in the woods with me.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ApexerER said:
On 10/26/2016 at 4:51 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

This is crazy but apparently you will be getting quoted from me everytime I post in this thread....I thought I was going to have my second coyote of the season down..I needed him to take another step or 2 and clear a tree. It never happened...he just bolted for no reason....I was drawn for at least 30 seconds...didn't move and didn't make a sound...wind in my favor...must be a sixth sense

Type something inside the box, then type some thing outside of the box. It should work and you won't be quoting him anymore. This happened to me on another thread but I can't remember how I fixed it but think I did the above actions. 

Back at it this evening. Rain stopped about 45 min ago the temperature is dropping with just a light breeze in the air. Only thing missing is my daughter who picked trick or treating over sitting out in the woods with me.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

The positive side is you can raid the candy in your future hunts this week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Back in the stand. Went grocery shopping during the rain and it just stopped before I came in. Walked right into a small buck 50 feet off the lawn. I was looking at the field by the tower blind he musta been bedded just off my trail. He loped away and stopped for a perfect shot outa the tower. My son will be hunting this spot in crossbow. So hope he strikes that pose again or one of his buddies!

Incidentally, I used my Silky Zubat saw today for the 1st time, to cut new lanes when moving a stand. It is a beast of a hand saw. Made short work of dead trees and thick branches. Totally awesome. Best cutting tool I've ever used.

Still playing Pokémon go?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I no sooner got to stand I see a doe that I walked by bedded in the hemp....spooked but no tail raise and no snort ..just trotted along the short side then long side of garden across from the stand...sent in under the dropping yellow apple tree. I  climbed up and waited, making sure they did sneak in on my off side to hemp without my noticing like last time..The fogs very wet and I'm getting soaked with a constant heavy mist.I look  over the hemp to the road and there is...5 pts my side and I know at least 3 on the other..he could have been an 8,9,or 10pt buck walking nose to the pavement down the middle of the road past our drives...grunting did nothing. Then at close I'm about to leave and I see a good sized deer ghost past me to the far clover plot. It may have gotten it's pic taken,so I'll see tomorrow.

• Like 2

193f4791afeff7b53010d9ca6107de68.jpg
Well I got the best news and some not so good news we recovered the doe my little buddy shot mine I'm going to have to go back tomorrow I thought I heard mine crash but I guess it was just running through some thick stuff lost the blood trail. It will be cold enough tonight if I can find it tommorow here's the young fellows

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 14

imageproxy.php?img=http%3A%2F%2Fuploads.tapatalk-cdn.com%2F20161031%2F193f4791afeff7b53010d9ca6107de68.jpg&key=ee98b6ddbdb68862b49845df19a29b3035151c5bc6b1e964ba2bf1b65f62047b
Well I got the best news and some not so good news we recovered the doe my little buddy shot mine I'm going to have to go back tomorrow I thought I heard mine crash but I guess it was just running through some thick stuff lost the blood trail. It will be cold enough tonight if I can find it tommorow here's the young fellows

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Congrats, but I cringe seeing the gun barrel pointed at that kid.

• Like 4