How do you pass the time on all day sits???

BBDEric

Napping has always been a favorite thing of mine, especially when the warm sun is on me. It is always great to wake up with a deer in front of you.

Otherwise, I am content to watch whatever is happening. I don't carry electronics. If I get cold, I still hunt for a while.

• Like 2

I sit quietly,listening,watching,absorbing everything.

It is amazing what you miss when you're playing with your phone or constantly daydreaming.There is more entertainment in the quiet woods then any electronic device can ever provide.

If I wanted to stay attached to the daily routine I would just go to work.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, QDM4ME said:

Can you recommend a cell phone charger? I need one of these for my all day sits. I usually keep a hand warmer in the pocket my phone is in to keep the battery warm and from dying. 

Like most others I pass the time on my phone. Texting friends to see what their seeing, usually kids are good for a few texts, pay bills, check scout gaurd weather app, look at aerials on Google earth of the properties I hunt, read the news. I also like to formulate a game plan for food plots next year and think about what I can do around the property to improve habitat in the off season while I'm trapping coyotes. 

You don't want to put a hand warmer in the pocket where your phone is. Heat reduces battery lifespan both on that charge and long-term.

• Like 1

Don't do many all day sits anymore. But do hunt 5-6 hours quite often in the morning, before moving to another stand or come out for a coffee to warm up, and then back in till dark. I do bring an old flip phone with me for emergencies or help with a drag. But it rarely comes out of my pocket. I try to keep my mind busy with the hunt! Things like, is the wind shifting or swirling? If a deer should come from there I'll do this or that.  Was that a leaf falling or the flick of a tail?  Is that a tree rat digging for nuts behind me or is it a deer? How far is it, again to that stump? And when all else fails. Where is that plane coming from, going to, how many people on board, who are they going to see????.........lol  Did the wind change or is it swirling?............

• Like 2

Usually I'm texting Moog in reply to him about "do you think I should move?" or "I think I'm going to move, but I don't know." "Maybe there's a deer over there." "I think they'll come from another direction."

Usually that's like 8:30 a.m LOL. Then usually the "I'm out of coffee" text arrives at 9 and it de-evolves from there.

This year just keeping one buddy in the stand will be enough to keep me busy!

Edited by phade
  • Like 6

filming or taking pictures passes time like crazy.  I usually work in half hour increments when things get slow.  i'll still here for a half hour regardless if anything has shown.  I use my smart phone also to take some photos for educational stuff like hunting or deer management tips.  also an observation log and DEC bowhunter log keep me busy enough.  I just record sightings in smart phone note pad and write all the stuff down later.  I usually sit until almost noon and then telling myself the morning is obviously over.  i'll get down then, get something to eat and check trail cameras.

38 minutes ago, phade said:

You don't want to put a hand warmer in the pocket where your phone is. Heat reduces battery lifespan both on that charge and long-term.

Well this explains why I'm always killing my batteries smh. Thanks, and don't tell my wife.

And when all else fails. Where is that plane coming from, going to, how many people on board, who are they going to see????.........lol  Did the wind change or is it swirling?............

Haha elieve it or not there is actually an app that will show you all the planes in the sky and their departure and arrival airports and some other oddball info.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have one of those little pocket poker games. I usually use that every 15 minutes or so. It gets boring when the computer keeps winning. I try to stay off my cell phone to conserve battery. I still only stay out for 4 hrs. max. During gun I try to stay out until 11am only because I want someone to bump a deer my way. My dad has stayed out the entire day during gun season and he usually sees deer the first 3 and last 3 hours of the day.

Pocket pool it the stand lol!!! That's a great idea but I usually have too many layers on for that!!!!!

In all seriousness I'm either on here or texting jmp5008 seeing what he has going on. Planning the evening hunt with him, or this year where we want to hang stands at the new camp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be sitting all day Friday Saturday and Sunday. Once I get to noon I'm recharged thinking that every hour after the hunting gets better. I bring my kindle for all day sits. I don't believe a human being can sit and just look at the woods all day in NY lol, the Milk River it ain't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok totally lost now. I thought women  do keagels to tighten up their vagina after birthing a child. Oh , never mind default_happy.gif

Yes they do, but those that a vagina-less can also do them too.

Mental image- every guy googling keagels and doing it in the treestand....lol. Something is seriously wrong with that treeguy fella !
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Mental image- every guy googling keagels and doing it in the treestand....lol. Something is seriously wrong with that treeguy fella !

ha ha ha ha ha...........hooooweee.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Any man who has tried to hold in ma nature after eating fast food/stew/chili.... the night before has done them. :wink:

• Like 1