Surprised to see this guy

fasteddie

I'll be honest, I do not wear a back tag most of the time. If only because I have no intention of punching rain holes in my gear. I carry mine in a breast pocket usually. But smoking and wielding an implement at the same time does seem to detract from the seriousness of the pursuit, irrespective of what he may be after. Maybe he was just building muscle for a future season, hefting the bow about for an afternoon?  

I'll be honest, I do not wear a back tag most of the time. If only because I have no intention of punching rain holes in my gear. I carry mine in a breast pocket usually. But smoking and wielding an implement at the same time does seem to detract from the seriousness of the pursuit, irrespective of what he may be after. Maybe he was just building muscle for a future season, hefting the bow about for an afternoon?  

I smoke in my treestand...about a serious as we get under terms of hunting tho

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Or like this Tool....

This guy wounded a buck and blood tracked him with a few of his pals, into one of our sanctuaries. then lost the buck, and or just gave up... Got to love it..   

Maybe someone here knows if him.. 

Yes the group of guys were approached, and no, zero calls were made to the DEC.. yet..

Oh and the date is off, Pic from 2nd Weekend of last month

EK001175.JPG

Edited by LET EM GROW

I'm sure the Mama of the guy with the crossbow thinks he's special....So did Charles Manson's Mother.

Also, perhaps he attended SPECIAL CLASS in school.

I admit he looks kind of like a dork, but unfortunately, not everybody is as ruggedly handsome as Wooly and me....

• Like 6

That dude definitely looks weird lol. Anyway, sometimes I carry my crossbow when checking cams when it was turkey season. Also, never know if a yote, bobcat, fox, etc. pops out as well during open season. Other times I carry a shotgun.

• Like 3

I definitely didn't want to confront this guy . A while after he ducked into the wooded area , I spotted something about 100 yards south of me . I could see orange on the right and blue on the left and thought maybe he or someone else had left some gear out there . Then I saw some movement and the guy got up off the ground . He had been laying on his back . He had to be one weird dude ! 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Its LJC doing research . You guys don't know anything , jeesh :rolleyes:

Can't be. He won't travel 100 miles to his own land ( :rolleyes: ), much less the what, 450 miles from NYC to WNY.

The poor guy in those pics is clearly a rookie! He's not toting a cell phone and texting every 5 feet. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Or like this Tool....

This guy wounded a buck and blood tracked him with a few of his pals, into one of our sanctuaries. then lost the buck, and or just gave up... Got to love it..   

Yes the group of guys were approached, and no, zero calls were made to the DEC.. yet..

EK001175.JPG

When I enlarged the photo I see this gun has a bolt loaded while hanging over his back.

Eddie His Shirt says it all LOL. I did notice his bow is not cocked, not shooting much like that. Can you speak to the land owner? or wait by truck for him and ask him? Don't do it by yourself in the woods.

2 hours ago, Huntscreek said:

When I enlarged the photo I see this gun has a bolt loaded while hanging over his back.

Eddie His Shirt says it all LOL. I did notice his bow is not cocked, not shooting much like that. Can you speak to the land owner? or wait by truck for him and ask him? Don't do it by yourself in the woods.

His bow is cocked, you can see the string position in 3 of the pics

19 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Or like this Tool....

EK001175.JPG

That guy needs to have DEC called on him.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

That guy needs to have DEC called on him.

He was given a warning, that being his last warning. We haven't had the best of luck with DEC on certain issues across our hill,(poachers and much other illegal activities) that being the main reason the call was not made..

12 hours ago, fasteddie said:

I definitely didn't want to confront this guy . A while after he ducked into the wooded area , I spotted something about 100 yards south of me . I could see orange on the right and blue on the left and thought maybe he or someone else had left some gear out there . Then I saw some movement and the guy got up off the ground . He had been laying on his back . He had to be one weird dude ! 

My apologies Eddie.  I was just out for a nice walk in the woods and got tired.    

• Like 4