Are you a believer?

BigVal

4 hours ago, crappyice said:

I like to believe in Bigfoot when on my couch watching those shows; not so much when walking in the pitch black woods at 5 in the morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny how all those old monster movies and things like big foot can manifest when you walking or sitting alone in the woods in the dark.

They shot a movie called "Another Kind" in the Catskill Park back in 2013. Movie's not scary, or very good for that matter, but hey, you never know what lurks in the dark. 

I've been to some pretty wild places in my lifetime. And will admit to the hair on my neck standing on end a few times. When hearing sounds in the night, many miles from the closest road. Always told myself that it was probably some kind of owl or night critter. But hey, ya never know!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

I thought this post was as about Santa.   

I keep trying to believe in Santa. Wish he was real! I would get the bow ready X-Mas eve and kill me a magical reindeer! Nothing in the books stating I can't shoot me a magical deer for being a nuisance and trespassing on my roof! I would hope for Rudolph! Have him mounted with an LED light in his nose. Now that would be awesome!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ....rob said:

I keep trying to believe in Santa. Wish he was real! I would get the bow ready X-Mas eve and kill me a magical reindeer! Nothing in the books stating I can't shoot me a magical deer for being a nuisance and trespassing on my roof! I would hope for Rudolph! Have him mounted with an LED light in his nose. Now that would be awesome!

Lol robs on the naughty list now. J/k

• Like 1

Definitely don't believe in bigfoot. I can't bet my life on him not existing but there remains quite literally not one iota of legitimate evidence, and given the prevalence of cameras and people in the woods and bigfoot supposedly going around people's houses from time to time I find it all a bunch of crap.

I have watched many episodes of finding bigfoot, though, and my daughter and I enjoy it. Particularly when they shout at each other with the bigfoot call pretending that there isn't another person on the crew 200 yards away responding to their call.

In a world where everyone has a camera phone, there's personal drones, and security cameras every where.  We have hikers and hunters in all kinds of places and trail cams up too and you can get one decent picture of this guy?  Unless he/she is immortal, he/she would have died of old age since there doesn't seem to be enough of them to establish a breeding population.

59 minutes ago, Core said:

Definitely don't believe in bigfoot. I can't bet my life on him not existing but there remains quite literally not one iota of legitimate evidence, and given the prevalence of cameras and people in the woods and bigfoot supposedly going around people's houses from time to time I find it all a bunch of crap.

I have watched many episodes of finding bigfoot, though, and my daughter and I enjoy it. Particularly when they shout at each other with the bigfoot call pretending that there isn't another person on the crew 200 yards away responding to their call.

I watch finding bigfoot but that show is pretty much a joke. I do like hearing the stories from the people they interview and that is pretty much the only reason I watch it. I wouldn't say there isn't a shred of evidence. There are some pretty clear footprints with dermal ridges in the casts. There are also some interesting photo's caught on trail cams so to say they never catch anything isn't true. The survivor man bigfoot series was pretty cool to watch. He found things that were awful hard to explain out in the middle of nowhere. In the show he was saying this has to be a hoax or something else. Like he said in the show...would you come out miles and miles from nowhere just to make a stick structure of some sort just in the hopes someone would find it. If you had one deer on say 1000 acres....Could you find it? I am sure I couldn't. I have a hard time finding them when there are probably more than 100 of them where I am hunting. I am not saying that it does exist. I am just saying I do believe it could and hope it does....Imagine an animal, that can smell and hear like a deer but is probably closer to a human in intelligence. I bet finding an animal like that, that didn't want to be found would be pretty difficult.

Edited by ApexerER

5 hours ago, ApexerER said:

I watch finding bigfoot but that show is pretty much a joke. I do like hearing the stories from the people they interview and that is pretty much the only reason I watch it. I wouldn't say there isn't a shred of evidence. There are some pretty clear footprints with dermal ridges in the casts. There are also some interesting photo's caught on trail cams so to say they never catch anything isn't true. The survivor man bigfoot series was pretty cool to watch. He found things that were awful hard to explain out in the middle of nowhere. In the show he was saying this has to be a hoax or something else. Like he said in the show...would you come out miles and miles from nowhere just to make a stick structure of some sort just in the hopes someone would find it. If you had one deer on say 1000 acres....Could you find it? I am sure I couldn't. I have a hard time finding them when there are probably more than 100 of them where I am hunting. I am not saying that it does exist. I am just saying I do believe it could and hope it does....Imagine an animal, that can smell and hear like a deer but is probably closer to a human in intelligence. I bet finding an animal like that, that didn't want to be found would be pretty difficult.

I can't find one damn deer on 8 acres.

I would love if bigfoot was real. It would be awesome, but I don't expect there to be ever proof provided. I agree with some other sentiments that nobody can unequivocally say it isn't real. But I guess that's the scientific method; we can't prove something isn't there unless we can look at everything at the same time.

7 hours ago, silent death said:

Lol robs on the naughty list now. J/k

I have been on the naughty list for a long--- long time. I have an issue with with fat guy who breaks into your house with the help of a cracked out red nosed reindeer. Shoot the deer and eat it, and have the fat guy arrested for a B&E. Not a big Christmas fan here. I go through the motions to make the g/f happy.

As for what's real and what's not in the world of creatures or aliens, I do try to keep an open mind, but when they start making shows like "Mountain Men" , I think the world is getting media crazy!

If you believe in Big Foot, or Sasquatch, get out there and look for yourself! Many hunters complain about the down time, so get out there and get some proof! It might cure the boredom.

Edited by ....rob

If you were around when that infamous, blurry ~60sec video of an alleged bigfoot surfaced, you had some doubts or at least skepticism about their existence. Since then, the whole bigfoot and regional hybrid phenomenon has turned into such a hoax or "3-ring circus" on TV, it's hard to take it serious. Myself, I'd like to believe, but w/o a single bit of hard evidence...... Maybe the US govt has the body of one in Area 51?

12 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

If you were around when that infamous, blurry ~60sec video of an alleged bigfoot surfaced, you had some doubts or at least skepticism about their existence. Since then, the whole bigfoot and regional hybrid phenomenon has turned into such a hoax or "3-ring circus" on TV, it's hard to take it serious. Myself, I'd like to believe, but w/o a single bit of hard evidence...... Maybe the US govt has the body of one in Area 51?

Mountain monsters reminds me of being a kid when your imagination would run wild. Remember when kids used to play with their imagination? You would be so into what you were playing you would really believe you were seeing it. My brother and I when we were probably about 9 and 7 would chase the yellow man. I have no idea where the idea of the yellow man came from. But I have memories of that and in my memories I can picture the yellow man. My brother and I who are now in our 40's brought that up at Thanksgiving. We described what we were chasing....I was chasing a little guy that looked kinda like the Gordens Fisherman in a all yellow rainsuit with a white beard but really small. My brother was chasing a glowing yellow figure with no features at all. I think the mountain monsters are out there chasing the "yellow man". They are so into it they believe they are seeing something because you can't possible act that stupid otherwise....