New Phone Case Ideas??

Lawdwaz

I had to get a new Phone a couple days ago. I had a Tech21 on my old phone and liked it enough. I've looked around at a couple Verizon stores and their stock isn't good.  Is there any recommendations you guys have for a new case?  I'd rather it isn't a big boxy thing. 

Thoughts?

I recently got a new phone too. And after searching a bit, decided on the INCIPIO case. Not as bulky as the Otterbox but still "grippy" and rugged. I like it a lot so far!

By the way. I got the Dual Pro model.   $29.99

Edited by grampy

I gotta give props to the Lifeproof. I sent mine down the highway at 70mph and just a couple scratches. A few weeks later I put it through the washing machine and no moisture in the case. Phone still just fine. Mine has paid for itself many times over!!

My life use to use the OtterBox because she is the clumsiest person in the world and she lets our 3 year old son play with her phone.  When he gets frustrated, he throws her phone.  She hate the OtterBox because it was big and clunky so she bought some cheap old slim case off Amazon for like $10.  The real trick is to have tempered glass put on your phone.  It's an additional sheet of glass that goes over your screen (not the plastic cover ones...actual glass).  So when she drops it and the glass cracks, it's just the top layer and she has it removed and a new one placed back on.  Verizon store sells and installs the glass for $25.  There's a local chop shop in the 'hood that does it for $10.  You can buy them online and install it yourself for cheaper but she's not going to haggle for a couple of dollars.  Over the last couple of years she had the glass replaced 3 times.  Trust me, she drops it a lot.  So $30 (3X$10) and $10 for the case has her covered the last few years which is still cheaper than that $60 or so she paid for the OtterBox and it's a whole lot sleeker.

Here's an example.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KNVF4SI?psc=1

• Like 1

Otter box defender series cases. With additional tempered glass screen as mentioned above.

Key with Otter box is lifetime warranty. So if case stretches (ouster rubber layer) you just call pay 5 bucks shipping and they mail you new one no questions asked. Never had a cracked screen or any sort of defect and phone looks like new when I trade them in every other year. Won't go without one

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have a Samsung S-5 phone and have the OtterBox Defender case . Works great . I caught the case on my seatbelt and broke the clip on the back . Looked on EBAY where I had purchased the OtterBox case and was able to buy 2 of the parts that that the phone snaps into and clips to the belt for $7 . 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Otterbox-Defender-case-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S5-w-Holster-Belt-clip-Tree-Camo-/182172251624?hash=item2a6a4ff5e8:g:4DAAAOSw1DtXIOOU

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Replacement-Belt-Clip-Holster-for-Samsung-Galaxy-S5-Otterbox-Defender-/351388314353?hash=item51d0602af1:g:T1MAAOSwPgxVQ830

17 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I had one of those otter boxes on my last phone ,it was too thick and bulky . The phone i have now is supposed to be more rugged ,we'll see about that.

I just returned my otter box & got a thinner one with a belt/pocket clip on it so the phone won't keep falling out of my pocket every time I bend over.  It works pretty nice, it also does not cover the vol. & on/off switch which makes for easy operation.  & was great during hunting season.  I didn't worry about loosing the phone. They call it a shell/holster combo with a kick stand.

Thanks moog, I'll hunt one down next week. 

The case caper still isn't solved.  I spent some time in Best Buy today after hooking up with a "home brewer" from this site for some taste testing (it passed with FLYING colors too) of his Holiday Cheer.  The case I got I thought was similar to the other I had but after getting it out the damn door and down Transit Rd I found it isn't exactly what I'm going to like.  You win some you loose some............the hunt continues.  

On 12/23/2016 at 3:58 PM, Lawdwaz said:

You guys are pretty hip on the glass screen protectors too?

My wife has the glass screen protector on her iPhone.  She has already chipped/cracked it twice.  Each time, she emails them and they send a new one.  We pay for shipping, but don't have to pay for a new screen.  

23 hours ago, phade said:

If iPhone by a spigen tough armor. Spigen also offers the shatter proof covers. Tough and NOT BULKY. The military uses them if that's any idea of how well they work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I looked high & low for one of those locally but got no love...........I see some places have them on the web but I ended up using a Best Buy gift card and getting another Tech21, their Evo Tactical version looked like it would be good.  No screen protector yet though; I just had to get the flock 'outa there (movie reference, remember it?) last night as the chaos level was mighty high.

Thanks all for the input.