Police Run Guy Over

Lawdwaz

They said in that video that there is only 2 tasers available for 800 Buffalo police officers.   I think the cop did an excellent job using the equipment he had available.  The perp was not hurt badly and that gentle nudge with the bumper was enough to subdue him so that he could be peacefully taken into custody.  A taser may have caused him to have a heart-attack and die.   It looks like everybody wins in this one, the taxpayers had to buy less tasers, the perp was not hurt badly and has already been released from the hospital, and the cop did not put himself or others under unneccesary risk.  If that is not an example of outstanding police work I don't know what is.  The cop should get a medal for that one.     

• Like 5

According to the article, no stun gun present... only 2 exist for the entire police force.  Good question as to why. Also, it is winter when people wear heavy clothes.  A stun gun may not have been effective anyway.

I believe the vid said that he was at 15 feet from an officer when he was threatening him.  It is pretty well known that one can easily cover more than that distance and be on an officer prior to a shot being fired, even when a weapon is drawn in advance.

I can't tell from the vid about the knife but if he was actually threatening the police with it, he is lucky he was not shot.  

• Like 2

They do this on TV all the time. It's gotta be quite a rush when you got that bad guy lined up in your hood ornament and feel your toes getting heavy!

Good thing he didn't escape into the cover of a building. They would have had to blown it up "Bruce Willis" style.

Next best option would have been the "Texas Heart Shot"..... it's usually not as deadly on thugs as it is on whitetail due to the location of the vitals and has minimal meat loss,lol

• Like 11

Wasn't there hard to comment directly on it . I have been on countless shootings, stabbings, calls with out of control crowds, swat raids, and I've forced entry many times for cops to go in and grab someone .

Heres what I have learned, if you do what they say things will go the best as possible for you, even when you don't you're often given more chances then I thought.

My advice to my kids was always, do what the cops says even when you know he's wrong, we can sort it out in court later. 

Two things......I watched it on the news this morning and they didn't say why they didn't use the tazer but yes, the reason why was in article in the attached link.  Amazing they don't have tazers.....

And as far as the heavy clothes; he wasn't wearing anything too heavy and if he WAS, dial the juice up. :)

I have seen the effect of tasers, and often wondered how the human heart can handle that kind of trauma. I mean it looks like every muscle in the body is under full attack, and I would assume that would include the heart. I wonder if that might be the reason that the Buffalo police use other means. I realize that trying to incapacitate an individual always involves some risk and body trauma, but wait until the first case of someone dying from a tasering. The media will go ballistic.

My son is a police officer and he says that if they are cranked up on crack that the taser only works for a short time, you have like 15 sec to subdue the perp or they can get extremely aggressive. Plus you can't touch them while the taser s working as you can get tased also! As far as I'm concerned the officer's own safety is and should be 1st concern. If you don't want to be taken by force then don't put yourself in that situation!

Edited by 2012_taco
added note
  • Like 5

Well ,I typed bean bag "ammo" ,but if not that rubber bullets?...don't they have that type of thing for riots. Has to be cheaper than law suits or protests. Good thing it's winter. Puts a damper on activists...lol

I'm pretty sure letting everyone know Buffalo has 2 traders for 800 police won't end up being a good thing.

1 hour ago, growalot said:

Well ,I typed bean bag "ammo" ,but if not that rubber bullets?...don't they have that type of thing for riots. Has to be cheaper than law suits or protests. Good thing it's winter. Puts a damper on activists...lol

I'm pretty sure letting everyone know Buffalo has 2 traders for 800 police won't end up being a good thing.

" 2 traders for 800 police " ? :taunt:   What were they trading ?  Sorry Grow but the devil made me do it ! :rofl:

Can you tell I'm on the kindle?…seriously even if I didn't know how to spell  it, was spelled in previous posts. All I had to do is look to get two DiffeiIfferent spellings..lol:rolleyes:

Now I just corrected d i f f e r e n t  4 x's.....it will only except a space between each letter in order to not "correct" it.