Whiskey

Pygmy

Currently Forty Creek , is my go to . Give it a try fairly cheap won a ton of awards, pretty smooth if you ask me .

Bains, out of South Africa of all places . Liquor store gave me a sample or two... that's all it took .

Bushmills has been my go to for awhile early on .

Ive had plenty of pricier ones and limited editions.... But Forty Creek does it for me.

Neat in a rocks glass, sometimes one cube .

4 hours ago, Larry302 said:

Currently Forty Creek , is my go to . Give it a try fairly cheap won a ton of awards, pretty smooth if you ask me .

Bains, out of South Africa of all places . Liquor store gave me a sample or two... that's all it took .

Bushmills has been my go to for awhile early on .

Ive had plenty of pricier ones and limited editions.... But Forty Creek does it for me.

Neat in a rocks glass, sometimes one cube .

A Canadian friend bought me a bottle last spring...I like it...

I have not looked for it locally..I guess I thought it was a Canadian thing..

• Like 1

The Mrs. Went to the liquor store looking for a bottle to give me for our  anniversary , they could have sold her anything including ones much more costly but they recommended Forty Creek .

im no whiskey expert I just enjoy it.

• Like 1

The BEST whiskey I ever drank was JD  from a yellow plastic coffee cup,  chased with water from a spring fed tundra stream about 200 miles from the nearest road near the Mulchatna River in Alaska.

You could jump across that creek, but it ran fast and deep...The water was so cold it was painful to immerse your hand in it..I washed my hair in it one day and it made my scalp numb..

That was back when I HAD hair....<<sigh>>...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 7

The BEST whiskey I ever drank was JD  from a yellow plastic coffee cup,  chased with water from a spring fed tundra stream about 200 miles from the nearest road near the Mulchatna River in Alaska.
You could jump across that creek, but it ran fast and deep...The water was so cold it was painful to immerse your hand in it..I washed my hair in it one day and it made my scalp numb..
That was back when I HAD hair....>...

While hiking in AK it was record setting temps for their July. As we neared a stream coming off mountain run off it went from 85 to about 65 right near tiny stream. That was immediately after smelling a skunk. There's no skunk in AK. We were smelling someone's pot grow with their good growing season. Fun times in '09

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I do not drink a lot of booze anymore but I've always been a Crown fan and my sons middle name is Jameson lol.

I recently had Crown Royal Vanilla and it is awesome. For some of you purists flavored may be a sin but I don't care. I am trying to figure out how to trade the bottles of regular unopenned crown I have for vanilla!! I have bottles given when the kids were born to celebrate graduations and weddings....

Lately for me its been Evan Williams Honey Whiskey. Its almost as good as the Jack Honey but way easier on the wallet. If its not the honey its just regular Jack or Crown Royal. Always in a glass with one ice cube for a about 3 fingers. I would love to get into some of the nicer whiskey's that i have heard about however my wallet does not have the same wishes as I. 

I'm partial to single malt scotch and ryes myself.

Scotch whisky: Dalmore, Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban, Aberlour 12 and a'bunadh, Balvenie, Lagavulin all straight up or with a few drops of water. Dewars with seltzer for a good ole scotch and soda.

Rye: Whistle Pig is the only ~100% rye I've had. Still looking for some different options there.

Japanese single malts are also very good, I recommend Hibiki or Yamazaki there.

Knob Creek bourbon when I get the rare urge for something sweeter.

Restaurant Depot near me has a liquor department and was carrying something called war eagle. Used to buy it case the 12 bottle case for $120. Guy told me it was made by same distributor as Makers. When bourbons started to gain in popularity, they stopped packaging it that way. Crushed me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk