holy friggen kidney stone/new appreciation for my wife

rob-c

so had some pain  in my lower left stomach and would radiate to my back Tuesday at work, waited for my wife to get home after work and she says lets go to ER. well long story short they find a 7 millimeter stone blocking my left kidney, kidney was inflamed and swollen.

they admitted me and scheduled surgery for yesterday . Doctor went in up through the baby maker and installed a stint and a coil to hold the stone back so the kidney could work and  drain again. I have to go back in 4 weeks and they are going to use a laser to bust up the stone after my kidney heals..

They say its very close to child birth pain .

so let me tell you I have a new found respect for my wife for giving birth to our two giant boys. I feel I am a pretty tough guy and have been told I have a high tolerance for pain a few times, I have even torn the ligaments in my left knee....but dang that is some pain I will never forget..........

• Like 1

7mm you sissy!!  Lol  I had one that was 2cm!!!  Just busting your chops Rob cause no matter how small they are they hurt like an SOB!!!!!!!   They had to shatter mine and BTW there's no way in HECK anyone is going in through my baby maker. 

Why didn't they offer to do a Lithotripsy?  That's how they shattered mine. 

My wife had one coming home on a trip. Driving thru Alabama and she is climbing out the Passenger window in pain, Thought it was her back all along. A trip the the Er found a stone,Got her a shot of something that kept her quiet for hours along with a script of some pretty strong pain pills to get her thru the 16 hours home and Doctor next day. After seeing that i pray i never get to enjoy one of those. I cant even think about the baby maker thing.........Yikes i Guess!

Been there, done that with a 9mm stone and agree it is no fun at all and feel your pain. Had the same procedure and as Eddie stated above - just wait until you have the stint removed as an outpatient office visit. Good times right there.

2 hours ago, letinmfly said:

7mm you sissy!!  Lol  I had one that was 2cm!!!  Just busting your chops Rob cause no matter how small they are they hurt like an SOB!!!!!!!   They had to shatter mine and BTW there's no way in HECK anyone is going in through my baby maker. 

Why didn't they offer to do a Lithotripsy?  That's how they shattered mine. 

The stone was blocking my tube and my kidney was backing up, so he had to get the stone moved so I could drain .doc said the blockage was worse than he thought and said the shock wave wouldn't work, told my wife it would be a waste of time and money.  and said the laser is 98% effective. 

I had one taken out via surgery . One removed by going up through the urethra ( plus the stint ) and the last one blasted . I don't know what will be next ....

Eddie I have to ask...do you drink enough water.?..asked your Doc about changing meds? ,has anyone mentioned a diet change?...Good golly Molly that would get old after the first one...

I am 43 and have passed 14 kidney stones in my lifetime.  2 I needed lithotripsy for, and one with a stent from the bladder to the kidney.   Pissing fruit punch is no fun! And that office visit to take it out, with the "very local anesthetic" is the worst, especially when you are watching the doc navigate the claw through the main vane, in your bladder, on tv, and he can't grab the stent. I'm due, usually summer time is when I get them.  Got to drink more water!  

• Like 1

I had a 7mm as well. I understand how you feel. I swallowed a few pain pills in a row and still cryed like a baby. Ended up passing it, felt like peeing a cinder block wrapped in razor wire. No more brisk ice tea for me !!! Good luck !

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk