Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

43 light rain but dry under the canopy and drier under my kryptec vellus gear and Sitka incinerator hat.

First AM hunt fur me since the opener.  Only hunting big does, thanksgiving birds and yotes here in 7j until the 18th...

My 7r lease yearlings (and the bears) better still be on high alert as the landowner wants dmaps filled.

IMG_0670.thumb.PNG.7401ceef34cea87807ca384722d9f97e.PNG

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2

Well I got up in the stand at 6. Wind is whipping up here, dressed one layer light for this kinda wind and temps. Forgot my warmer gloves to. Decided to get down and hike back to my ground blind to keep warmer. Two fawns in the food plot as I walked up. I watched them for about 15 mins before I decided I needed to get them out of the field so I could get in the blind. Tossed a big stick at them and they bolted for the woods. Slipped into the blind quick and I'll be here for awhile.

• Like 1

Perfect morning to be in the stand, Did a little scouting on our new property (been too busy to do it in the off season) managed to find 2 stands that look like they have been there for a while. I've found a total of 3 not sure if they are previous owners or what but I left a note on the one for 5 months and no one took it down. The others I'm leaving notes on today. I haven't seen a deer the last 4 times in the stand granted I don't spend a long time in the stand but after 3 1/2 hours the temps into the 70s. Anyone in or around 8W seeing deer?

• Like 1

I threw out a couple turkey calls and a red squirrel came to my tree and harassed me for 10 str8 minutes he just kept hop circling the base of the tree chirping at me...

i couldn't get a shot and nothing I tossed stopped him so fur the first time in my hunting career I got out of my stand and chased away a red squirrel.

Edit as I was writing this the little fckr snuck up the tree and chirped right behind my ear I almost dropped my phone!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Healthy young lone doe gave me a 20 yard broadside I passed a few steps later she was right down wind and it stopped her and then she calmly deviated slightly away from me but in the same direction.

Only the 3rd deer I've seen from stand this season, first one I didn't shoot ha

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2