Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

10 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Got settled in at 2:30, new tree. It has poison ivy vines on it, does it go dormant in the cold? I hope?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good luck with the deer and pick up some Calamine lotion on the way home. PI vines are just as nasty if not more than the leaves. And hope you didn't take a whizz yet after  That would suck

Edited by turkeyfeathers

Got settled in at 2:30, new tree. It has poison ivy vines on it, does it go dormant in the cold? I hope?!

about 20% more potent for every degree below 60!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Back up the . My buddy and I just got in and my BIL came up and is on the neighbor's property. They are toast if something walks by. Says 47 and barely a breeze. Should hear them coming from a long ways off. Hoping they cooperate like yesterday. Good lucks all!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

It’ll be worth it if I just get my eyes on a deer lol. Thanks for the tips.

You can test if you got oil on your hands by rubbing your face and eyes.  Tip of the day!

• Like 10

Top 5 day...drawn on a good doe at the lease early needed 1 more step.

Then parade of bucks 3 I can't shoot til the 18th including 2 decent young bucks and this good 80" mainframe 8IMG_1032.thumb.PNG.b10e42f749c5f05513318b8cc80ec2ac.PNG

Then at 9:45 I had an encounter with the largest buck/rack ive ever seen in the woods 12-14 PT booner with kickers came in same way as everyone else.  

Ive never heard grunts like the ones he made and he was inside 20 fur 5 minutes...tried for pix but got selfies instead.  Shook for 15 mins after.

Now I'm hunting back home with my dad his first day out this season.  Great day

IMG_1031.thumb.PNG.37b0928ce8570d54f1d0fe3b4f648c8f.PNG

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 6

Best laid plan usually go fubar lol

Got to state land for first time this year. It's an island and road in flooded we still made it in. That was hairy! Usually cornfields - none the wet spring flooded roads so bad the could never plant hmmm
Hardly anyone here lug my climber to a spot 30 minutes where my brother likes and I did not like wind so hike another 20 minutes to a spot I wanna check out and run into a hunter so back out hike another 20 minutes to an spot behind a used to be cornfield

Packed my heavy clothes got up in climber and forgot to put on my heavier lower base layer and ain't going back down and I'm to old to try that up here so if I freeze to death it was nice knowing you all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Tc3 just wash up with dawn when you get home as long as you get the oils off you will be fine. 

Dawn works if you want something a little more potent get tech nu from a drug store it takes it off very well.  Either way you go wash really well with cold water first then go to warm.