Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

No shooters tonight for any of us. But some guys from Michigan that are staying at the same hotel as us paid our dinner tab at the only restaurant open in town. We thought that was cool as hell of them. Gonna invite those guys out for dinner sometime this week before we leave and repay the favor. Random acts of kindness like that are good reminders there are still good people left on this earth!

• Like 7

No shooters tonight for any of us. But some guys from Michigan that are staying at the same hotel as us paid our dinner tab at the only restaurant open in town. We thought that was cool as hell of them. Gonna invite those guys out for dinner sometime this week before we leave and repay the favor. Random acts of kindness like that are good reminders there are still good people left on this earth!

• Like 3

Will dry hair and head out here soon...I pulled cam from where I sat yesterday...they have changed their party to this stand...mostly at night doe and buck feeding on the clover but early morning movements too... had the wind not gotten me They would have been there last night...So we'll see if I can sneak in without spooking them...I do have some 4:56 movement then no more until 6:50...Good Luck guys

Parked , I’ll head in , in a few . All day hunt , well lunch break and stand switch . 

Kinda tired of it all , no spark this season . I go to work Wed. Night perhaps that will reset things .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Parked , I’ll head in , in a few . All day hunt , well lunch break and stand switch . 

Kinda tired of it all , no spark this season . I go to work Wed. Night perhaps that will reset things .

Hang in there,we all have ups and downs. It will come together.

I'm in for a quick hunt this morning right behind the house. Last night right at dark I had 5 rather rotund racoons come in to eat dogwood berries along with a button buck. I figured the button wouldn't want anything to do with the coons but they all mingled around together.

Checked my cam from behind the pond , about 15 yards from my ground blind. The buck with odd antlers and another big guy that came thru today....missed him by few hours.
5a012549c5de0_pond005.thumb.JPG.b6d7c7876520c47c13e09bab256536dc.JPG
5a01255e2b857_pond006.thumb.JPG.f7d69dfae696773c8511c01f209a9a4a.JPG
5a0125b3b30d9_pond002.thumb.JPG.909f0bd81cbe587034b77e005af00caa.JPG

Left too soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out in a Blind with Evan this morning. I let him skip school today so he could come with me. We’re on a doe mission today!
3A60A68F-0DDA-41D4-B6FD-90ED68994B96.thumb.png.6ece5eb557fcded56c9c9e081b83e300.png

Awesome. I remember my Dad letting me skip school when the gun opener was a Monday and I was too young to hunt but I watched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Kinda tired of it all , no spark this season . 

It only takes a few seconds to turn things around. Hauling azz into and out of the woods with no action is a drag, but if we got/saw a deer every time we went out, most would likely quit doing it then too.

Stay frosty

Edited by Papist
  • Like 1