Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

I skipped the morning hunt today. I had an awesome encounter with my #1 buck last night. My wife shot at a doe yesterday evening. I was hunting the neighbors so I left early to help her look for her arrow. On the way back out to the stand this guy steps out into the field at 30yds!!! I had to beat a tree with a stick to run him off! This is the first daylight in season sighting since he was a yearling. He has been very daylight active this year. May have to actually start hunting him!!!

IMAG0204.JPG

Edited by WNY Bowhunter
  • Like 11

11 hours ago, Hart said:

Reality this is...... and a PETA forum this ain't.  Most people viewing this forum know that if you decide to harvest game this is an image you will eventually see.  I for one am not at all ashamed of the "horrible things" that I do in the woods.  Those that are offended by such images should avoid these forums and stick with streaming CNN feeds.         Sorry Law.  I like the pic and it reminds me of some incredible days afield!

Ansel Adams              Meat Plow                                                                                                                                                                                      

what we see and experience in the field and what we choose to capture and share are not the same. We all gut our deer, but I wouldn't post a picture of a doe with her gall bladder pulled through her cored out ass.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I skipped the morning hunt today. I had an awesome encounter with my #1 buck last night. My wife shot at a doe yesterday evening. I was hunting the neighbors so I left early to help her look for her arrow. On the way back out to the stand this guy steps out into the field at 30yds!!! I had to beat a tree with a stick to run him off! This is the first daylight in season sighting since he was a yearling. He has been very daylight active this year. May have to actually start hunting him!!!

IMAG0204.JPG

Man,that rack looks to heavy to carry around. The biggest steaks might be in that bucks neck!!!

LOL I knew you weren't ACTUALLY considering that other buck  WNYBH... Good luck

BTW that plow pic. would never been seen had a comment about a pretty tame picture wasn't made, just saying. I have thought back on some of mine.....no comments made and wayless tame than that dbl doe pic.  There is bad taste...plow pic and then there is hunting reality...deer die, wounds are made,  blood pours and bodies are gutted... give me a freaking break.. All PC about that.... when rather nasty pics and comments are posted of obese woman in thongs are put up and laughed about WTF....:mda:

Edited by growalot

Re: my buddy's double doe picture -

That about as live from the woods as one can get. After dragging out both deer by himself, he was tired and had a drive back to Rutland, VT ahead of him. He had to load both deer into his hatchback by himself... His name is Alex, not Ansel, and I'm happy for him. He is a hunter for life, and has incredible respect for his pursuit. I'll give him a pass on his photo skills because he was simply texting me, and I shared it. So, the photo is on me. That's my responsibility.

For further reference, I didn't post the photo on Facebook, because I think it too graphic a photo for the general, likely majority non-hunter audience there. On the Live From the Woods thread, on the other hand...

I apologize to those I offended by sharing my friend's harvest. It was a proud moment for him, and for me as his friend.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Who's hunting today?!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Rebel Darling said:

Re: my buddy's double doe picture -

That about as live from the woods as one can get. After dragging out both deer by himself, he was tired and had a drive back to Rutland, VT ahead of him. He had to load both deer into his hatchback by himself... His name is Alex, not Ansel, and I'm happy for him. He is a hunter for life, and has incredible respect for his pursuit. I'll give him a pass on his photo skills because he was simply texting me, and I shared it. So, the photo is on me. That's my responsibility.

For further reference, I didn't post the photo on Facebook, because I think it too graphic a photo for the general, likely majority non-hunter audience there. On the Live From the Woods thread, on the other hand...

I apologize to those I offended by sharing my friend's harvest. It was a proud moment for him, and for me as his friend.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Who's hunting today?!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Not sure what was so offensive about this pic or what you are apologizing about..... Two dead does? What's the issue? 

3 hours ago, Belo said:

what we see and experience in the field and what we choose to capture and share are not the same. We all gut our deer, but I wouldn't post a picture of a doe with her gall bladder pulled through her cored out ass.

It's a picture of two dead does? Why pick on the guy for that? 

• Like 3

My buddy has been hunting a strip of public land in westchester and had a shot at a beautiful buck yesterday morning.  Unfortunately didnt make it happen, but said that he was chasing three does.   Just had another buddy watch two bucks sparring about 70 yards from his stand about 3 hours ago.

Seems like they are getting pretty aggressive right out of the gate!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, StevieSacs said:

My buddy has been hunting a strip of public land in westchester and had a shot at a beautiful buck yesterday morning.  Unfortunately didnt make it happen, but said that he was chasing three does.   Just had another buddy watch two bucks sparring about 70 yards from his stand about 3 hours ago.

Seems like they are getting pretty aggressive right out of the gate!

Tarsals were extremely dark and stanky on my harvest Sunday.

• Like 1