Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Had a decent buck tear out of the woods this morning at 7:00 that ran across an open field. I think he was spooked out of the orchard above the woods. Nice to see a good buck during daylight hours!

• Like 2

I think i will spend an hour in my easiest to get to stand tonight,wind is perfect for it,sw. Just have to go uphill from my house through the horse/sheep pasture and there it is,on the corner. There is a 35 yd wide strip of woods that separates a buckwheat field and a golden rod field,and then it turns into woods at my stand.

Saw a nice buck last year in early November going right through my pasture after jumping the 4' fence. Saw him from the house and couldnt get out fast enough...haha

Re: my buddy's double doe picture -

That about as live from the woods as one can get. After dragging out both deer by himself, he was tired and had a drive back to Rutland, VT ahead of him. He had to load both deer into his hatchback by himself... His name is Alex, not Ansel, and I'm happy for him. He is a hunter for life, and has incredible respect for his pursuit. I'll give him a pass on his photo skills because he was simply texting me, and I shared it. So, the photo is on me. That's my responsibility.

For further reference, I didn't post the photo on Facebook, because I think it too graphic a photo for the general, likely majority non-hunter audience there. On the Live From the Woods thread, on the other hand...

I apologize to those I offended by sharing my friend's harvest. It was a proud moment for him, and for me as his friend.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Who's hunting today?!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Congrats to your friend! I must be missing something because I don't see anything wrong with the picture. Please keep sending more photos! Hopefully a nice shooter buck next!! Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just climbed out of the tree,i feel a little woozy,might be coming down with something,so on the ground now,shout out to biz. Just got situated and a big doe and her fawn appeared and are feeding on the acorns. Not shooting a doe quite yet though,waiting for company...

50 yds out....

• Like 1

9 hours ago, growalot said:

BTW that plow pic. would never been seen had a comment about a pretty tame picture wasn't made, just saying. I have thought back on some of mine.....no comments made and wayless tame than that dbl doe pic.  There is bad taste...plow pic and then there is hunting reality...deer die, wounds are made,  blood pours and bodies are gutted... give me a freaking break.. All PC about that.... when rather nasty pics and comments are posted of obese woman in thongs are put up and laughed about WTF....:mda:

Too funny........

If my comment "Congrats to your friend but in the future, he should give a little thought to his staging of photographs.  Tasteful this isn't and Ansel Adams he ain't. " is that painful to you and a few others, you need to think again.

WTH is so hard about pulling the deer OVER the log and clearing out the tin can (?) and other crap in the photo?  No big deal I'd hope...........

Staging a somewhat tasteful picture isn't that difficult with a little thought.  I didn't think my comment was that harsh but if so, suck it up. 

It isn't about being PC, it's about respecting the life just taken.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

That about as live from the woods as one can get. After dragging out both deer by himself, he was tired and had a drive back to Rutland, VT ahead of him. He had to load both deer into his hatchback by himself... His name is Alex, not Ansel, and I'm happy for him. He is a hunter for life, and has incredible respect for his pursuit. I'll give him a pass on his photo skills because he was simply texting me, and I shared it. So, the photo is on me. That's my responsibility.

For further reference, I didn't post the photo on Facebook, because I think it too graphic a photo for the general, likely majority non-hunter audience there. On the Live From the Woods thread, on the other hand...

I apologize to those I offended by sharing my friend's harvest. It was a proud moment for him, and for me as his friend.

No need to apologize.........I was just making (hopefully) constructive criticism.  Maybe next time they'll be Facebook worthy. :)

It's not about respect... a good many of you don't even respect living humans in your post ..So that just doesn't fly...Perhaps you should suck it up and allow other hunters to show their legal kills as they wish and not how you think they should . Now we have both given our opinions let's let the guys hunting enjoy their thread  shall we.:wink:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Ok,my turn. The doe and young one did get company,i thought i saw a big buck at the other end of the buckwheat. I was stoked,and he worked his way closer,and closer,and closer until he turned out to be a 4 point. Ugh. Could have shot the doe at 20 yds,but no rush yet.

This is why i love bowhunting so much,so much to learn. I grunted at the doe from 25 yds to get them to scatter. She didnt care until finally wondering why she couldnt see another deer. Then she tried to get downwind. Awesome,they finally ran off.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Who's hunting today?!

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

I didn’t  see what was disrespectful. I have seen worse

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, growalot said:

It's not about respect... a good many of you don't even respect living humans in your post ..So that just doesn't fly...Perhaps you should suck it up and allow other hunters to show their legal kills as they wish and not how you think they should .

So Hart's plow pics are cool as long as they're legal?

Right on.

Last comment is yours, happily.  I'm out...........

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Not "live" anymore, but, took my 5 year old daughter out to our ladder stand tonight and about 20 minutes in had some lightning here in Northern Cayuga County. Deer were in the fields at dusk however! Look forward to posting in this thread a lot more soon when vacation starts.

• Like 5

Took a break from roofing the cabin (new respect for roofers) and was practicing with field tips when two does walked around me not 10 yards away in my "yard".  I watched them for a moment and then said screw it and kept practicing. They didn't flinch. They finally started up the hill in the bush and I decided to try and stalk them. Busted me on my third step. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Well,the acorns are dropping right now around me,where is that hungry buck?

Unless they are whites they are A. Bitter and B. Probably a dime a dozen.

Hunting oak ridges can be tough when varied masts years coincide.  Find a producing white oak and you are in business.

Edited by OtiscoPaul