Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Just got some inside info that the 70 acres of corn below this field is being chopped today. Ran over and got the blind setup. Last year on the day we chopped the corn here I saw 20 deer and let 5 bucks go. Tonight my 9 yr old daughter will be with me and we ain't gonna be picky.52b92ff301a9ba5bec7c98f250d88543.jpg&key=52237052a5fd91f4a63d36ddff3d3e5587bd35772334b6e06330438aec3fd1c1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice setup

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I managed a short sit last night but saw nothing. Back felt OK going to bed so I set my alarm. I didn't make it too far this morning however when my back told me it was not a good idea. I stood in the dark for a second and asked for a sign, whether to go on or turn back. One of my cats came up in the dark at that exact moment and started meowing like crazy. That was the sign. Couldn't bring her to the stand so I went back to bed. Fully resting today with a  view to a morning and evening hunt tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, Papist said:

I managed a short sit last night but saw nothing. Back felt OK going to bed so I set my alarm. I didn't make it too far this morning however when my back told me it was not a good idea. I stood in the dark for a second and asked for a sign, whether to go on or turn back. One of my cats came up in the dark at that exact moment and started meowing like crazy. That was the sign. Couldn't bring her to the stand so I went back to bed. Fully resting today with a  view to a morning and evening hunt tomorrow. 

How did you know that cat was telling you to go back to bed? Maybe it was saying get your a$$ out there, there is a big buck by your stand.....Hope your back feels better soon!

• Like 1

spent 4 hours looking for doe today that i shot last eve.  Me and a hunting buddy.  Found just a little blood, then splotches of lots of blood and it just ended.  Did semi circles all around it .  Stuff is so thick cant see 15 yards.  Going back to look again. so frustrated.  

spent 4 hours looking for doe today that i shot last eve.  Me and a hunting buddy.  Found just a little blood, then splotches of lots of blood and it just ended.  Did semi circles all around it .  Stuff is so thick cant see 15 yards.  Going back to look again. so frustrated.  
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

3pm: Just got into my spot in Westchester (3S). 68 degrees, 7mph winds. 

On the ground, no blind, but perched up about 10-12ft. Hoping for something bigger than that 3pt to walk under me. 

image.jpg

Nice looking setup Biz. Good luck!

37 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Best of luck finding her...

3pm: Just got into my spot in Westchester (3S). 68 degrees, 7mph winds. 
On the ground, no blind, but perched up about 10-12ft. Hoping for something bigger than that 3pt to walk under me. 
image.thumb.jpg.98f926cfd462abc6ef3e373ed03ddcd3.jpg

Looks kind of like kensico

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Congrats to your friend but in the future, he should give a little thought to his staging of photographs.  Tasteful this isn't and Ansel Adams he ain't.

Reality this is...... and a PETA forum this ain't.  Most people viewing this forum know that if you decide to harvest game this is an image you will eventually see.  I for one am not at all ashamed of the "horrible things" that I do in the woods.  Those that are offended by such images should avoid these forums and stick with streaming CNN feeds.         Sorry Law.  I like the pic and it reminds me of some incredible days afield!

Ansel Adams              Meat Plow                                                                                                                                                                                      59d430d4515cb_2doeonplow.thumb.jpg.d7de25d7d00cb00ff7c18cf97141592d.jpg

• Sad 1