Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

2 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

Been no wind here all day. Makes it tough to move and shoot.

It's why I like running water nearby whenever possible...

Besides the stand noise cover I use the creeks get to stands...

Running water is also nice for cleanup after gutting!

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 2

Well I had a good evening. No deer down but if I had another 20 mins of shooting light that may have been a different story.
I watched 5 does and 2 bucks come out into the field across the road about 480 yards away. They came out around 6pm and fed their way my direction. I didn't think they would come towards me or cross the road for that matter. But sure enough the does were wanting to cross and the bucks were following a little ways behind. The one buck was a really nice 8 pointer that I would have shot given the chance. I'm gonna say he was around the 130 mark. Closest he got was 243 yards but I spent a long time sizing him up in the binos. The other buck was smaller but a 10 point. He needs another couple years. The 8 pointer was mature and he knew it. Fun to watch him corral the does around and keep the smaller 10 point back away from the does a bit.
Other than that I had a raccoon and a house cat walk the rock wall underneath my stand. Hoping I can get another chance at that big 8. Just need him to cross the road a little sooner.

• Like 4

What a great morning. Back in the rhino blind with a pulled back muscle....between the horrible hot evenings and this back spasm, I have decided this evening will be spent hunting the last of the staging king salmon on LO. Get the boat out one last time and hopefully bend some rods.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, greg54 said:

Just thought I let you know how someone can forget about setting alarm for opening morning(or any morning). I have memory loss due to type of chemotherapy I recieved, and I also have to take a lot of medication that does make me tired. So getting up before an alarm goes off doesn't always work for me. But I did make it out this morning. Maybe I will write myself a note for rifle opener to set the alarm. If I remember to do that.

You have my sincere apologies then.  I was just going on how the typical hunter approaches opening morning where most are ready to go well before the alarm.  In the scheme of things hunting is not very important and your health is what is most important to yourself and family.  Be well and wishing you a successful hunting season!

• Like 2

saw 13 deer between Sun and Mon.   Shot a doe last night at last light and she went into some crazy thickness.  So had to wait til this morn.  Headed out in a few minutes to look.  Had very little blood and she turned away as I shot.  So dunno.  But lots of action this weekend . Just a lot of little ones or out of range.  Had two fawns running around stand Mon morn chasing each other.  Too bad they werent 10 pointers! lol 

Hunted 6S and 7F .  

hope to find a deer or that I just grazed her.  Arrow had lots of hair in the broadhead and very little blood on fletches.  Found a sparse blood trail.  will be on it like a dog in an hour.  Wish me luck 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

Report from a friend who chose a spot in Crown Point based on an aerial map:

Two does. Tagged out. Meat in the freezer.

7bce5ed70e4810ad50ae85a6e649c0bb.jpg

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

Congrats to your friend but in the future, he should give a little thought to his staging of photographs.  Tasteful this isn't and Ansel Adams he ain't.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just got some inside info that the 70 acres of corn below this field is being chopped today. Ran over and got the blind setup. Last year on the day we chopped the corn here I saw 20 deer and let 5 bucks go. Tonight my 9 yr old daughter will be with me and we ain't gonna be picky.52b92ff301a9ba5bec7c98f250d88543.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11