Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Dang I planned on going out but I also planned a play date with River after my blood work this morning...got him back home at 2...got back here at  3 and just finished picking up and cleaning up from lunch...I am exhausted!!!...lol I'm not sure I can go out then come home to make dinner. ...I still have a bit of time to think on it...

PS....I got a love you so much ...grandpa...hahaha everyone is now grandpa.....everyone we ran into got a Hi how you doin?... then bye see ya later...lol ...Soooo much fun!

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, growalot said:

Is that because your not doe hunting? Not a comment ,just a question...:wink:

Yep.  Too hard of a drag on a Thursday night unless it has big antlers.  I passed the doe stands heading in.   

Plopped in the thick stuff  

IMG_1118.JPG

• Like 1

Am I the only one stupid enough to hunt tonight?    Here deer......

IMG_1120.thumb.JPG.0056e3c5f7d9126d576a4304ef936794.JPG

fb5b61b531e09a3c5133ca523b536b22.jpg

Nope! I'm in the stupid club also. I was going to sleep more than 4 hours but my kids and wife thought I should go hunting. Woke me up and pestered me for 30 mins before I said alright I'll go. Lol. And here I am. I chose the stand that's 150 yards from the house so easy short walk on this warm evening. But that doe in the picture came out into the field less than 5 seconds after I stepped onto the platform of my stand. I hadn't even taken my little pack off yet or brought my bow up lol. Maybe it's a good sign.
  • Like 5

Well I was out there on tap talk took pics..Hit send...Your guess is as good as mine where they went...Lol.I have no clue how it works...Any how perfect,perfect night no deer..Well until I got to my road side stand where I tried growing a pasture mix...4 big deer 10-20 yrds from stand..Lol....Oh well at least I didn't bust the blind and Apple tree getting out....

IMG_3190.thumb.JPG.ff0d3ae38798ae7f2b2f28f272386242.JPG

Saw a mother and 2 of last years cubs come into the small pond next to our tree stand and a doe. Overall good sit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome- always hoping to see a bear while hunting until I think about what would happen if the cub climbs my tree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk