Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Nada in 3S for me.

Dad in 3N has been watching spike at 40yds for over an hour. He also saw 1 Tom Turkey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad said he’s still watching spike n now flock of turkeys near spike. I told him to try grunt n see if a bigger buck comes

Woohoo !! She got it done !! Bang flop. I’ve never killed a deader deer !fb011b4734689668079cb6c222bc7cfe.jpg&key=a2b5d9e9802f1b92cfcb79df81f14e79dbb085e055c5ba981e1334ca7e6eafe8

That’s awesome man! You both have earned that kill couldn’t be happier for you both

17 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

I put out a couple of scent smoke sticks. They keep blowing in different directions . The forecast was for south west winds .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The thermals are messing with me now, I have a Sw wind but the thermals are pulling ground scent the opposite way.

Ok folks well now I have that sick to my stomach feeling. I've had the last 10 out of 12 days off and I have been hunting hard averageing 6 hrs a day in the woods with very few sightings. This morning was different first I had 3 doe come out about 100 yrds in front of me after just sitting for a half HR but this is a no doe zone. Then about 8 o'clock I catch movement of my right shoulder in the thick pines and out walks what I think is a big 8. Probably would have been my biggest to date. Hes about 75 yrds off but catches me moving my body to the right for a shot. He looks like he is ready to bolt now so I hurry my shot. I have been looking for an HR no blood or hair. I follow his prints in the snow for about 100 yrds till they run in with other prints nothing. I search around in all directions and nothing. I missed what would have been a wall hanger for me . Well at least I saw deer but sure wish the outcome would have been different Now I have to head home and take my son to the dentist. Good luck Everyone

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

In the blind by 6:15 AM, nothing happening.. Around 7 AM  I hear some sirens going off nearby. Back at the house at 8:30 they tell me a very large deer was struck by a car and killed at the bottom of my hill.  Guess I need to change tactics..

45 minutes ago, Tughill Tamer said:

Ok folks well now I have that sick to my stomach feeling. I've had the last 10 out of 12 days off and I have been hunting hard averageing 6 hrs a day in the woods with very few sightings. This morning was different first I had 3 doe come out about 100 yrds in front of me after just sitting for a half HR but this is a no doe zone. Then about 8 o'clock I catch movement of my right shoulder in the thick pines and out walks what I think is a big 8. Probably would have been my biggest to date. Hes about 75 yrds off but catches me moving my body to the right for a shot. He looks like he is ready to bolt now so I hurry my shot. I have been looking for an HR no blood or hair. I follow his prints in the snow for about 100 yrds till they run in with other prints nothing. I search around in all directions and nothing. I missed what would have been a wall hanger for me . Well at least I saw deer but sure wish the outcome would have been different Now I have to head home and take my son to the dentist. Good luck Everyone

Dont feel bad. It happens. I had my monster 8 run by my stand and i forgot to move the scope from 9 to 4 when i got in the stand. He ran by at 15 yrds. Yes 15 yrds and all i saw was brown. I finally gotthe crosshairs on vitals at 40 yrds but by then he was covered in trees.  Was the third time ive had him close enough to kill this yr and he is either  the luckiest buck in the world or after 32 yrs of hunting  im starying to slip lol

• Like 2

Dont feel bad. It happens. I had my monster 8 run by my stand and i forgot to move the scope from 9 to 4 when i got in the stand. He ran by at 15 yrds. Yes 15 yrds and all i saw was brown. I finally gotthe crosshairs on vitals at 40 yrds but by then he was covered in trees.  Was the third time ive had him close enough to kill this yr and he is either  the luckiest buck in the world or after 32 yrs of hunting  im starying to slip lol

That stinks ,one thing that bothers me is in the area I hunt (state land) your lucky to see a deer like what I missed today I only average seeing one deer like that per year. I passed on a few small bucks this year hoping I would get my eyes on something big well I did and messed it up. This will sting for awile.

• Like 1

No deer this morning but I did see a few critters and got to itch my trigger finger. First I saw a beauty of a red fox that came through hunting then a little later a cat came through. I was kind of wishing the fox had still been there to see the cat so I could see what kind of response that would have gotten out of him. Then a bit later as I was messing around on my phone I looked over and caught a bigger red body going by. Me and the neighbors have been getting a lot of pics of a big reddish coyote so I was pretty sure it was him even though it was thick. I shoved my phone in my pocket and grabbed my shotgun and starting looking for him and doing a little soft squeaking. I picked him out at 80 yards with my scope and let him have it. It ended up being a male.

IMG_20171124_092235980_HDR.jpg

• Like 15