Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Needed a change of scenery today so went to a property I have access to in Steuben county. 8x. Sat in a ladder stand about half way up the hill, maybe 200yds off the road. Absolutely beautiful morning. At 8 o'clock I had 4 or 5 does run past below me. Then behind them I saw a decent 6 pt moving up the hill in front of me. He'll be nice if he makes it to next year. I turned back to the does and had one feeding toward me. She gave me a broadside shot at 57 yds. Doe down!

IMG_20171124_093709962_HDR.jpg

• Like 21

Saws together, one out of two windows trimmed, back in the blind now. I was setting up the chair after getting in and when I turned around to sit a doe was already coming into the field 100 yards away. Been here about 25 mins now and she’s all by herself still. Let’s see what comes around this afternoon...

Woohoo !! She got it done !! Bang flop. I’ve never killed a deader deer !fb011b4734689668079cb6c222bc7cfe.jpg&key=a2b5d9e9802f1b92cfcb79df81f14e79dbb085e055c5ba981e1334ca7e6eafe8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bigger than my first buck. Could have turned his antlers into a toilet paper holder lol. Well done young Miss Turkey Feathers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Finally saw one yesterday afternoon. Think he was fightin with another buck past our property line. Antler crashing quit and an hr later he showed up. Got lucky.
80497632c4c1e5804d69564b96f76d3d.jpg&key=5b0dc6f3bd08ffecc32f6b27726df21155e47a4e76ee388573863438582240d6

Helluva Buck! Great job!

• Like 3

Saw a 4 pter not bad big body earlier out my back door when I was working from home could have stabbed him. Now in my stand I haven't sat all year. Usually get does in the field at night by it. Hoping they aren't turned off by the landscaper that pissed 45 yards off at 2 o clock from my stand. Guess I'm stealthy. Let's do this!

3S:

2pm get to my spot. Some guy yells from a car that it’s private property and I can’t hunt. I said I have permission. He yells I’m calling the cops.

230pm. 2 Cops are here. I showed them my licenses and explained who I have permission from. They let me go back to Hunting and are driving to the landowners house. Sucks. Wouldn’t be surprised if I can’t hunt here anymore.

• Like 1

3S:

2pm get to my spot. Some guy yells from a car that it’s private property and I can’t hunt. I said I have permission. He yells I’m calling the cops.

230pm. 2 Cops are here. I showed them my licenses and explained who I have permission from. They let me go back to Hunting and are driving to the landowners house. Sucks. Wouldn’t be surprised if I can’t hunt here anymore.

That sucks man. I’ve been there before. People can be some real upitty a-holes. Hopefully the landowner is cool and continues to let ya hunt. And hopefully the guy who called the cops hits a deer with his car haha
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

3S:

Seems a bit over zealous to me. No reason to "check" with landowner unless the landowner asked them to. 

I had access to a piece of property that was behind a big swamp. It was miserable getting through.  The landowner told me I could take a path (small driveway, then logging road) on the next parcel and cut across once I got past the swamp.  Well, one time walking out I ran into the landowner who corrected me on the perceived "right of way" that did not exist.  He did give me his number and said he had no problem with me staying on that trail and cutting over to the other land. 

Very next time I went there the lady across the street goes nuts at me and calls DEC, sheriff , state police.  I just waited by the car and explained to the cops the deal. Called the land owner who told them I was fine and had permission. They asked the woman to please listen to hunters that have contact info of owner. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Boy it’s a nice afternoon!! 52 wind in my face. Sitting with the boy waiting for a herd!

Deer head shots are always considered unethical but with The Walking Dead herd they’re the way to go. In a stand ? Don’t think they can climb trees 

ED3EABBF-B93D-4D8B-A9AB-580E6F453967.png

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Cory said:

So I shouldered my gun on a fat doe pull the trigger and gun goes click. Eject the round and the pin indented the bullet and it never went off. This ever happen to anyone before?

Yes it has happened to me twice once with Winchester super x 30-06 the other was Hornady American white tail in 308