Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Settled in  and reading this.. look at my coat...17 ft tree stand ,clear trail in...a tick is booking it up my coat for my neckline... so much for cold nocking them down . Shots, but far off. One angry squirrel across the garden under apples ...snow  is about gone now ..leaves making more noise 40  more mins.

5 hours ago, Tughill Tamer said:

That stinks ,one thing that bothers me is in the area I hunt (state land) your lucky to see a deer like what I missed today I only average seeing one deer like that per year. I passed on a few small bucks this year hoping I would get my eyes on something big well I did and messed it up. This will sting for awile.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thats why its called hunting and not killing. It will be a great story to tell. by the time your 90 it will be a 30 pointer and took out 5 trees as it was running away. Biggest damn buck you ever saw lol.got to be in it to win it tho.  Just keep at it till the last day and if you dont get him he will just be bigger nxt yr. Maybe a real 30 pointer you never know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

Just had a hunter walk into his stand way out from us. Who comes in with 35 minutes of legal hunting time and with a terrible wind for where he is. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone who'll  probably shoot a deer :wink:

Edited by growalot
  • Like 1

Yes it has happened to me twice once with Winchester super x 30-06 the other was Hornady American white tail in 308
When I bought my first rifle about 15 years ago I had a box of Remington 30-06 rounds at home. I went to set my scope and half of them misfired exactly how you described. Switched to federal. I've been scared of Remington bullets ever since.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Shout out to Moho81 ( Jason ) for sending me a message after seeing my deer carrier broke yesterday while transporting daughters buck. He and his daughters swung by and picked daughter , deer and I up and dropped off to processor with his truck. Class act man , can’t thank you enough. And thanks for the tip of Harbor Freight. Picked up a new one. Back in action 9218f94bc5a621aec55de4c478284e72.jpg

• Like 14

I knew I was obsessed with hunting but I didn't know how obsessed until now when I can't hunt.

I used to complain if I would go a day or two without seeing deer. Now I wish I could get in my tree stand and listen to the annoying chipmunks for 12 hours.

Thanks for all the updates. I am enjoying this feed a lot more this year than in prior years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Shout out to Moho81 ( Jason ) for sending me a message after seeing my deer carrier broke yesterday while transporting daughters buck. He and his daughters swung by and picked daughter , deer and I up and dropped off to processor with his truck. Class act man , can’t thank you enough. And thanks for the tip of Harbor Freight. Picked up a new one. Back in action 9218f94bc5a621aec55de4c478284e72.jpg&key=e97b4777cbcce6c94e3ec1fb9bba8a06a427c553def74ccf177cdebdd88ff1cf

Just paying it forward. Glad I could help today.

Again congratulations to you both. I’ve said it before and I mean it. I hope to be in your shoes in another 8-9 years.

• Like 5

Zip today hunted wrong spots all day. AM we hunt home and deer are moveing at my other prop where my brother is. PM we are over there nada and get home and wife says lot of shooting out back tonight.

50 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Just paying it forward. Glad I could help today.

Again congratulations to you both. I’ve said it before and I mean it. I hope to be in your shoes in another 8-9 years.

Nice deed Moho!

• Like 1

I got completely skunked this morning. It doesn't happen very often and I am glad. I was in 4O outside of Masonville. I sat until 11:00 and never heard a shot. It was about as perfect a morning as you can ask for with a light frost and almost no wind. I was set up downwind of a bedding area with turkeys, squirrels, and birds aplenty, but the deer were no shows. I love to watch the sun creep its way to me on a cool, clear morning.

• Like 1