Christmas lights and decorations. Whatcha got ?

turkeyfeathers

4 minutes ago, mowin said:

Nice work sodfather.  I've got clients that ask me to decorate, but once leaf season is over, I'm done.   

Every year I say I'm getting out and every year I take more . It's a joke what some people will spend on lights for a month and half 

• Like 1

I did the math for one of the houses on that show 25ft strand is 100 bulbs at $13.00 a string. 600,000 lights is $78,000 just for string lights. 
The prize is only 50k lmao 
And that's just the cost to buy the lights. How about the electric bill on top of it, not to mention the separate panels installed and the most important thing, your time. Crazy for 5 minutes of Fame.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Didn't do much at all this year, compared to past years. But my grandson came over and we put a few strands out.20171204_222918.thumb.jpg.cdfebb8d0b400898656c4bc292c0d328.jpgThen my little hunting and fishing tree in my reading room. Pick up one or two ornaments for it each year. Usually from Vermont or Maine. 20171204_223130.thumb.jpg.5b328d35fd90693d3aea4a326fe9f78c.jpg20171204_223059.thumb.jpg.b74df2aa3dc458ea78cbf468790a9db6.jpg

• Like 2

I just do a few bushes and have a Deer that turns it’s head back n forth. Someone down the street has a sign with radio station channel lit up.
People park in front of house and tune to that station. Their lights flash to the rhythm of the Xmas songs. Pretty cool
Actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've got that around the corner too, nightmare for the rest of their street though lol

Made this bell in kindergarten, which would be 1,964. Just wrote our name on it in glue, then sprinkled glitter on it .

Each year I would pull it out call the kids over and in my best Clark Griswald , go “ kids did I ever tell you about this bell....” they’d grown, and I keep on telling the story as if it’s the first time .

8A85F0ED-7D79-46E7-8334-16BE23EEF2A9.png

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, ....rob said:

We have lights in the living room windows and kitchen windows, and this is the new fake pre-lit tree. Most of the presents under the tree aren't ours. 2bff04eaff44b161873abab135f7a4d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Presents under tree not yours ? It’s like me buying picture frames with the family pics that come in them. I simply leave them in and confuse the heck out of people when they come over. 

On 12/13/2017 at 11:11 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Presents under tree not yours ? It’s like me buying picture frames with the family pics that come in them. I simply leave them in and confuse the heck out of people when they come over. 

Future MIL had gifts shipped so people would not know what they were getting. Reading a shipping label can give a surprise away.