Favorite book/novel

Pygmy

" For Whom the Bell Tolls"   by Ernest Hemingway....

My copy is a first edition that my daughter bought for me in a little bookstore out in the boonies near Potsdam.

" To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee comes in second...

My favorite hunting related book is " The Tenth Legion" by Tom Kelly...I have a signed copy that Col. Kelly  himself sold me at the NWTF National Convention in 2005...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

" For Whom the Bell Tolls"   by Ernest Hemingway....

My copy is a first edition that my daughter bought for me in a little bookstore out in the boonies near Potsdam.

" To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee comes in second...

My favorite hunting related book is " The Tenth Legion" by Tom Kelly...I have a signed copy that Col. Kelly  himself sold me at the NWTF National Convention in 2005...

What ? Not The Little Mermaid ?  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

Not sure I have an actual favorite read.

I enjoy local history, Alaskan trap line adventures and Aridondack interests.   

Charlie John’s in Speculator has a great selection of local books. 

They sure do. That's a cool little store.  Stopped there one time after fishing . I happened to be alone and the people there helped me take a picture and weigh a northern I just caught.  

And my favorite books are mostly biographies.  Like reading those about different people.  Ted Williams biography was a good read for sure.  

9 minutes ago, Salmon_Run said:

That store is the best, especially between, tourist seasons when the parking lot is empty.

Was the last stop on the way to camp for a lot of things. Esp after the store closed in Indian lake.  Including a book for a rainy lazy day.  I think in picked up a book on Garrow ( sp) a killer and manhunt in the Adirondacks.  That was a good book. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Never read a book, never will. Never studied for a test either. Too boring for me. I'm shocked I've made it this far in life, but I guess my mathematical skills have carried me.

lol.  dont think i ever read a whole assigned school book to read.  Also never did any homework.  Teachers used to tell me I would have a 4.0 if i did the homework and i would tell them i would have a 4.0 if they didnt give me any.  - they didnt all like that too much.  I liked any teacher that told us what the homework was gonna be in class cause i would hand it to them done before I left .  500 word essay - here ya go! lol.  Always told them I will take any test you have right now and i will pass it, Ive been here all day I'm not taking work home too.  lol  

but dont do much reading these days , just to busy.  

• Like 1

lol.  dont think i ever read a whole assigned school book to read.  Also never did any homework.  Teachers used to tell me I would have a 4.0 if i did the homework and i would tell them i would have a 4.0 if they didnt give me any.  - they didnt all like that too much.  I liked any teacher that told us what the homework was gonna be in class cause i would hand it to them done before I left .  500 word essay - here ya go! lol.  Always told them I will take any test you have right now and i will pass it, Ive been here all day I'm not taking work home too.  lol  
but dont do much reading these days , just to busy.  

Same here. Great style!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Very tough call....

I love and am rereading the Patrick Obrien naval tales(about 28 books) that the movie "Master and Commander" was based on (and very well done).

"Hell, I was There" by Elmer Keith I have reread several times, and Robert Ruarks  book about his first AFrican safari "Horn of the Hunter" reads like you are there.

For novels, the Longmire books are great fun, and I wait for each new edition to come out. Great characters, great story line (ignore the tv show, which is lame).

Robert Parkers western chronicles which start with Apaloosa , read as easily and are as enjoyable as any. 

Probably my favorite book though, to pick one at this time...."jupiters travels" from Ted Simon, a shoe string travelogue from the 70s of a motorcycle ride around the world. 

at any given time, I have about 4-5 books on my reading table, depending on mood, so favorite list fluctuates ...

Really ??? WOW. 

Yup. My parents used to get phone calls from teachers asking if I was on drugs because I would get 90s on some tests and 60s on others and I was in all honors and AP courses. I just didn’t care. I only went to school for the girls and sports. I never applied myself in school. Now that I’m older I wish I did and was a doctor or attorney. People at work who report to me and went to Ivy League schools never even heard of the dumpy college I went lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always been a voracious reader and over the years collected a pretty substantial library of books. I am not too big on novels, the books I gravitate toward are those that provide me with accurate information about the things I like doing or have keen interest in. I would say 75% of the books I have are "hunting"-"hunting dog"-"firearms-shooting" related with the other 25% a sprinkling of other subjects that have caught my fancy and wanted to learn about.

Jack O'Connor is probably my favorite author when it comes to firearms and hunting, I believe I have all of his books.

My favorite Hunting Dog book is "When The Dogs Bark Treed" by Elliot Barker.

Just got done with an interesting piece of work by Chris Willis, Walter Lingo-Jim Thorpe-and The Oorang Indians.  Being a long time Airedale breeder and a big Jim Thorpe fan I am familiar with the Oorang Airedales and this new book went into the whole Oorang story deep.

2017-06-03_191746.png

Edited by airedale

I could not even guess how many books I have. I have been an avid reader as long as I can remember. My wife took a couple years to convince me to let her buy me a Kindle. I wouldn't do it for a long time. Then she showed me a Paper White(?), and I let her get it for me.

I love it and in less than a year I have put over 100 books on there. For anyone that likes to read, but have trouble seeing the letters even with glasses, you can make the letters way bigger. I highly recommend this product just for the space it saves you.

If Playboy was considered a book that would be my choice. But only for the articles !

Wife, daughter, mom and siblings all love to read  Me , not so much   Had a stint of reading John Irving , a book about John Coulter and in grade school Newbury book club . I've mentioned before multiple book reports on My side of the mountain though

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

If Playboy was considered a book that would be my choice. But only for the articles !

Wife, daughter, mom and siblings all love to read  Me , not so much   Had a stint of reading John Irving , a book about John Coulter and in grade school Newbury book club . I've mentioned before multiple book reports on My side of the mountain though

I  hear, you, TF....I used to read it for the cartoons...Remember Gahan Wilson ??