200 Pound Draw Limit

Pete

3 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Still probably being hand fed. I can take you to many suburban spots around here where hunting is legal, and the deer are just as spooky as the ones out in the country.

That is why I said depends where you are at .

They will change habits once they  see a few of there Buddy's getting killed  I would imagine these deer probably never had that experience so they don't care if you're near them 

Edited by Storm914

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Im not talking about the NZ. The debate about putting guns or muzzleloaders in the early bow season has to do with the SZ. Whatever you have to do to twist things to try and prove your point though...

Look, you made the erroneous statement. Be man enough to own up to it instead of just blathering on and trying to squirm out from under your mistake. We were, and have been, talking about NYS. The Northern Zone is a part of NYS.  And my statements were not limited to only the early season either. My point was that muzzleloaders and rifles are already accepted in NYS as being a weapon that can and is already thrown in with bows. I know it and now you know it.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Look, you made the erroneous statement. Be man enough to own up to it instead of just blathering on and trying to squirm out from under your mistake. We were, and have been, talking about NYS. The Northern Zone is a part of NYS.  And my statements were not limited to only the early season either. My point was that muzzleloaders and rifles are already accepted in NYS as being a weapon that can and is already thrown in with bows. I know it and now you know it.

LMAO, we were talking about the SZ the whole time Doc. You always try to twist things around in conversations, been doing it since the day you started on this site. We have been talking early bow season all along, heres one of your early comments in the thread!

"Yes, these are the kinds of mindless wrestling matches you get involved with when you try to cram something into a season that was never intended to be there. It is a bow season, and everybody is trying to turn themselves inside out trying to achieve operational parity between the two entirely different weapons. It will never make sense. You cannot regulate parity between two completely different weapons that don't even look or fire the same and that operate on two completely different theories of operation. It's a case where you need to simply accept the fact that they are not the same, will never be the same, and open the floodgates to simply allow technology to shoehorn in whatever the manufacturers want to market. That is the natural path that compounds forced on bow seasons, and the incorporation of the crossbow into bow season is an even greater stretch. I am not as surprised as most seem to be that there are goofy and arbitrary regulations as the regulators try to justify the inclusion. What did you all expect?"

The late season is bow and muzzleloader, has been for as long as Im aware, so its not part of the conversation.

8 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

LMAO, we were talking about the SZ the whole time Doc. You always try to twist things around in conversations, been doing it since the day you started on this site. We have been talking early bow season all along, heres one of your early comments in the thread!

"Yes, these are the kinds of mindless wrestling matches you get involved with when you try to cram something into a season that was never intended to be there. It is a bow season, and everybody is trying to turn themselves inside out trying to achieve operational parity between the two entirely different weapons. It will never make sense. You cannot regulate parity between two completely different weapons that don't even look or fire the same and that operate on two completely different theories of operation. It's a case where you need to simply accept the fact that they are not the same, will never be the same, and open the floodgates to simply allow technology to shoehorn in whatever the manufacturers want to market. That is the natural path that compounds forced on bow seasons, and the incorporation of the crossbow into bow season is an even greater stretch. I am not as surprised as most seem to be that there are goofy and arbitrary regulations as the regulators try to justify the inclusion. What did you all expect?"

The late season is bow and muzzleloader, has been for as long as Im aware, so its not part of the conversation.

Last I knew, crossbow inclusion into bow season was a NYS law ...... All of the state. What is your problem that you can't admit you screwed up? It seems to me that it is you who is twisting and squirming here and trying desperately to escape your own screw-up. You made an incorrect statement and I corrected you. Don't make more of it than it is.

19 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

My new crossbow is "illegal" although it's way slower than many other legal ones.

Remember, it is the overall width of the limb measurement for that reg, not the A-A mfger's measurement. Or per DEC reg: Minimum limb width: 17 inches (outer tip of limbs, excluding wheels and cams, uncocked)

Get the tape measure out, you may be more legal than you thought!

Remember, it is the overall width of the limb measurement for that reg, not the A-A mfger's measurement. Or per DEC reg: Minimum limb width: 17 inches (outer tip of limbs, excluding wheels and cams, uncocked)

Still only get about 14".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/5/2018 at 7:33 PM, Storm914 said:

The point is you can easily get a compound to be more powerful even if you limit the poundage  because it uses cams .

So they go faster anyway your not limting anything except recurves with that law 

Okay I get your point now... I agree

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Yea so if thats true and they don't count the cams  in theory a compound crossbow company could just  design the cams bigger and bigger or other parts  to get more speed and stay with in the limits . You simple can't do That with a recurve crossbow all you can do is increase the draw weight.. That is the problem with trying to limit it that way .they should have used a engineering consult to right the law if they wanted to make every thing fair and equal between all these different types of weapons platform. 

Or just go by speed rating like they do with airguns .

Edited by Storm914

On 1/6/2018 at 9:45 AM, Storm914 said:

Should I be ?

read their stance on some topics before your join anything. 

I used to be a NYB member until i learned they're basically against allowing elderly and disabled the right as well. I wasn't going to contribute to that even though they've done good elsewhere. There are some agenda's the NYCC is pushing that I'm not sure all full inclusion supporters would be on board for. 

Not pushing you away or towards, just saying you should do your research. 

On 1/6/2018 at 10:29 AM, Rack Attack said:

I believe ALL hunting is a "privilege" is it not? I don't believe hunting is covered in the constitution...

I bet they never felt that they had to include it. It was a basic part of life back then to even consider the government taking away someone's right to feed their family seemed laughable. 

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

I bet they never felt that they had to include it. It was a basic part of life back then to even consider the government taking away someone's right to feed their family seemed laughable. 

Whatever the thought process was, it's not included as a "right" therefore it's a privilege.

10 minutes ago, Rack Attack said:

Whatever the thought process was, it's not included as a "right" therefore it's a privilege.

Yea it' is a privilege but consider back then when they wrote the constitution they blasted everyhing that moved lol 

Don't think they worried about or had  animal rights  movements  300 plus  years ago trying to ban hunting  rights .

Or they would have made it a right like they  did  guns in the constitution. 

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

Yea it' is a privilege but consider back then when they wrote the constitution they blasted everyhing that moved lol 

Don't think they worried about or had  animal rights  movements  300 plus  years ago trying to ban hunting  rights .

Or they would have made it a right like they  did  guns in the constitution. 

exactly. The world was a very different place and why the left uses their stupid muzzleloader argument all the time, although the 2nd amendment is more about allowing the people to overthrow a tyrant government than it is defending myself against a bad guy. If they thought the world would become a place where you weren't allowed to fish and hunt for your food, I'm sure they'd have put it in there. Health care too if we're being honest. 

oh and check out the left (NY of course) trying to restrict muzzleloaders anyhow... because you know... mass shootings

http://dailycaller.com/2017/11/16/literally-know-nothing-tucker-takes-on-dem-over-banning-muzzle-loaders-video/

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 3:09 PM, Doc said:

I will tell you right now that if the decisions were up to the DEC, we would be sharing the bow season with muzzleloaders. They were pushing an early muzzleloading season a decade ago until the bowhunters shouted them down. And even very recently they were threatening a few WMUs with an inclusion of muzzleloaders during bow season to meet their doe harvesting quotas. So their philosophies of weapons have already been made public. It has always been very clear that the DEC has had the mindset that they prefer as lethal a weapon as they can get away with dictating. Would they go beyond muzzleloader inclusion? ..... Very likely they would if the decision were 100% in their shop. I know that would be perfectly acceptable to a lot of people.....Ha-ha-ha.

Oh did I mention that we already have in-lines co-existing with bow seasons already.....ha-ha

i've talk to those in the big game unit within DEC and that's not true. A number of areas that are a real problem when it comes to deer population that would be a reason to implement muzzleloaders into early season, can't.  some of those areas are bow only.  they'd have a drastic increase in DMPs issued long before considering southern zone early muzzleloader season anyway. Even thoughts about expanding archery season well into September.

9 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

i've talk to those in the big game unit within DEC and that's not true. A number of areas that are a real problem when it comes to deer population that would be a reason to implement muzzleloaders into early season, can't.  some of those areas are bow only.  they'd have a drastic increase in DMPs issued long before considering southern zone early muzzleloader season anyway. Even thoughts about expanding archery season well into September.

Approximately 10 years ago, I attended a "state of the herd" DEC meeting specifically to lobby against the DEC's support of an early muzzleloader season that was going to coexist with bow season. They were actively pushing for this, and not in a covert way, and also not in select areas. Any bow hunters that were paying any attention at that time will remember that. And of course in more recent years they have been threatening to push muzzleloaders into specific WMUs if the bowhunters did not begin to take more does out of the herd. Again, that was a very public position. So their bias is not even in question. It's history and not opinion. They are always looking for more efficient use of the bow season through allowing more efficient weapons.

5 hours ago, Doc said:

Approximately 10 years ago, I attended a "state of the herd" DEC meeting specifically to lobby against the DEC's support of an early muzzleloader season that was going to coexist with bow season. They were actively pushing for this, and not in a covert way, and also not in select areas. Any bow hunters that were paying any attention at that time will remember that. And of course in more recent years they have been threatening to push muzzleloaders into specific WMUs if the bowhunters did not begin to take more does out of the herd. Again, that was a very public position. So their bias is not even in question. It's history and not opinion. They are always looking for more efficient use of the bow season through allowing more efficient weapons.

You know who was pushing the ML in bow season idea?  NYB, so a "dedicated" bow group wanted guns in bow season instead of crossbows. Makes a lot of sense I bet.

7 minutes ago, Doewhacker said:

You know who was pushing the ML in bow season idea?  NYB, so a "dedicated" bow group wanted guns in bow season instead of crossbows. Makes a lot of sense I bet.

What ? Where does it say that the NYB was pushing for ML's in Bow season ? Where did this come from ?