ok so sales pitch me......

Robhuntandfish

I buy a new bow every other year, do I need to? Nope. I like buying new bows.

I have never been brand loyal and shoot everyone’s premier bow and buy the one I like best. Last two have been Bowtech before that it was a couple Hoyts, a Mathews, a couple dartons, a pse, and a prime. About the only one I haven’t owned is an elite because they haven’t made one I liked shooting.

Cheap bows use old technology so a new 400$ bow will have the cams from the 3 or 4 year old premier bows. Doesn’t make them bad just makes them cheaper. The deer will never know what bow it was shot with because they’re all capable of accuracy way better than any of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I buy a new bow every other year, do I need to? Nope. I like buying new bows.

I have never been brand loyal and shoot everyone’s premier bow and buy the one I like best. Last two have been Bowtech before that it was a couple Hoyts, a Mathews, a couple dartons, a pse, and a prime. About the only one I haven’t owned is an elite because they haven’t made one I liked shooting.

Cheap bows use old technology so a new 400$ bow will have the cams from the 3 or 4 year old premier bows. Doesn’t make them bad just makes them cheaper. The deer will never know what bow it was shot with because they’re all capable of accuracy way better than any of us.

When you find an elite you like let me know when you get it so I can set my calendar when I'll be able to buy it off ya

You Can't Beat My Meat!!!

• Like 1

I don’t think any of us really sold him on the Triax so I will repeat the pitch that sold Biz on the last latest and greatest Matthews:

1. Greatest bow ever made;

2. Faster than greased lightening;

3.  Guaranteed that no more than 2hrs per year required to shoot like Levi;

4.  Guaranteed to never miss a deer;

5.  Guaranteed to get a shot on a booner every year.  The bow draws em in like a magnet;  and

6.  In he highly unlikely event that there is a failure under nos. 4 and 5, You are invited to the matthews farm to shoot any buck it purchased from Four Seasons.  

Now that’s a company that stands behind its high dollar bows.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

I don’t think any of us really sold him on the Triax so I will repeat the pitch that sold Biz on the last latest and greatest Matthews:

5.  Guaranteed to get a shot on a booner every year.  The bow draws em in like a magnet;  and

6.  In he highly unlikely event that there is a failure under nos. 4 and 5, You are invited to the matthews farm to shoot any buck it purchased from Four Seasons.  

Faster than grease lighting? It’s a nocam I can run faster lol

9 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Check with Matthews letter head is in the mail to You I assume.  

Hasn't the compound bow technology pretty much max'ed out in the last 5yrs or possibly longer?? Seems to have been only sight improvements in cam technology giving modest fps gains, somewhat smoother draw or only slightly more let-off. JMO, Biggest advancement has been in the marketing BS.

Here's my justification sales pitch: Just what %/portion of a successful hunt can be attributed to equipment and at what $$? Ranking how this "pie" is distributed, the hunter has the biggest chunk. Followed by pure luck and then the modest piece of the pie that's left is having the best equipment to perform the task. How much more successful will a hunter be with the latest or greatest equipment? Of course, there's the old and worn out analogy - how much deader will the deer be? IRC, most deer in NYS are reportedly taken within the ~20yrd range. Throw all this out if money is no object or you're a techie and need the latest and greatest.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, moog5050 said:

you forgot it'll get you chicks like levi's samantha. lol

15 hours ago, nyslowhand said:

Hasn't the compound bow technology pretty much max'ed out in the last 5yrs or possibly longer?? Seems to have been only sight improvements in cam technology giving modest fps gains, somewhat smoother draw or only slightly more let-off. JMO, Biggest advancement has been in the marketing BS.

Here's my justification sales pitch: Just what %/portion of a successful hunt can be attributed to equipment and at what $$? Ranking how this "pie" is distributed, the hunter has the biggest chunk. Followed by pure luck and then the modest piece of the pie that's left is having the best equipment to perform the task. How much more successful will a hunter be with the latest or greatest equipment? Of course, there's the old and worn out analogy - how much deader will the deer be? IRC, most deer in NYS are reportedly taken within the ~20yrd range. Throw all this out if money is no object or you're a techie and need the latest and greatest.

I think the bowwith the best technology going right now has to be Prime , i'm afraid to shoot the logic or i'm probably getting a new bow.

• Like 1

I think the bowwith the best technology going right now has to be Prime , i'm afraid to shoot the logic or i'm probably getting a new bow.

That is one sweet shooting bow! It was between that and the realm for me this year ended up with the realm but I sure did like the prime!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

That is one sweet shooting bow! It was between that and the realm for me this year ended up with the realm but I sure did like the prime!

The plan after this season is probably to sell off my 4 bows to put towards the logic ,if that's the one I like.

I say shoot as many bows as possible, and make your decision based on what felt right and shot the best for you. Not price or brand.

My Prism shoots fine, it's light, short ATA, has a good back-wall, draws smooth, and even after three years, no string stretch yet. It's a middle of the road bow, but I am happy with it. No 'blood on it yet'. As for accuracy, not being a high end bow, and I don't shoot leagues, as long as I do my part it's pretty damn accurate as can be seen by the posts in some threads.

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

The plan after this season is probably to sell off my 4 bows to put towards the logic ,if that's the one I like.

I love my Prime but after my Halon I don’t think I’ll ever get a split limb design bow. They say it helps with balance but that’s hogwash 

3 hours ago, sodfather said:

I love my Prime but after my Halon I don’t think I’ll ever get a split limb design bow. They say it helps with balance but that’s hogwash 

I was curious ,the limbs are so far apart on that ;logic ,it has me intrigued

What makes a Corvette better than a Hyundai? I just buy bows 1-2 years old on archery talk and let everyone else take the depreciation. 

Easier to bang girls when you’re corvette (instead of Hyundai) is parked outside the bar.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Doesn’t it have two cams between them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same parallel cam design they have been using for a few years , at least the parallel part. I'm gonna talk to jeff when the time comes and have him get as many 70 pound bows he has and im literally gonna shoot each  one with my eyes closed . I won't even know what brand im shooting til i pick the one that felt the best.

• Like 1

Still carrying my 20 year old Mathews MQ-32.  I think about a new bow every year. Have even shot a few. They are light years ahead of my old bow. But this old bow feels like an old pair of comfortable boots to me. Still hits where I aim it, and as recently as last year, still kills deer. Think I'll keep it "one more year".......................

• Like 1