Almost there

ANTLERS

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

wait til this weekend and its doesnt get to 70 degrees and the feel of fall in the air........ its coming....!!  

I saw that!  And down into the 40s at night! 

Got most all of the property things done like stands, blinds and plots. Still shooting a single arrow in the morning and evening. Will be getting some more trigger time on the Sako, whenever I can too. Clothes and gear are ready to go. Just need to treat with Sawyers, right before season opens. I have not been this prepared, this early in a few years! I like it!!

Knowing I'll be using two Saturday's this month to be helping with NYS Hunters Safety Classes, has made me get things done earlier though. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Last year the opening day weather was perfect, 38 degrees and clear, then it got hot again for a few weeks. Hopefully thats not the case again

Yes it did!  I don't like to bow hunt, in the heat, for a variety of reasons. Plenty of time when the temps cool, and deer movement picks up, later in the month. But even if it's for an hour or two in the morning, early season can be very exciting AND productive!

Edited by grampy

18 days to go now. I wasn't in the mood until last week,but now i am psyched!!! Got my tags,and got a DMP. I have been shooting the bow for only a week now,but i will be ready. Not like one forgets everything about it. Last year i practiced a ton and never shot at a deer,this year i am doing the reverse,hehehe. I have not moved any stands,gonna take it easy for the first part of October. Leisure hunting,then i will hit it hard come late October,early November.

I have been eating a lot of venison these last two weeks,that helps with the motivation as well...

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

18 days to go now. I wasn't in the mood until last week,but now i am psyched!!! Got my tags,and got a DMP. I have been shooting the bow for only a week now,but i will be ready. Not like one forgets everything about it. Last year i practiced a ton and never shot at a deer,this year i am doing the reverse,hehehe. I have not moved any stands,gonna take it easy for the first part of October. Leisure hunting,then i will hit it hard come late October,early November.

I have been eating a lot of venison these last two weeks,that helps with the motivation as well...

As for shooting, I agree. I have only shot one group of FT's this year, I have been focusing on that shot that will count and making a shot here and there at different ranges with a BH. Practice how you hunt, and aim small.