turkeyfeathers

Regular season buck tag becomes either sex during late ML/Archery

Recommended Posts

In southern zone I know. Better check northern zone

So come Monday as first day of muzzleloader if you haven't punched your gun buck you can in theory shoot 2 bucks with Regular gun tag/ and one with Archery/ML privilege tag of either sex tag. There's also combination pf 1 and 1 .

Hope this makes sense and I'm correct^_^

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, turkeyfeathers said:

That might be possibly be more disturbing than me in the mullet wig

We just need Jeremy to superimpose your head with wig on him.  Truly truly disturbing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
In southern zone I know. Better check northern zone
So come Monday as first day of muzzleloader if you haven't punched your gun buck you can in theory shoot 2 bucks with Regular gun tag/ and one with Archery/ML privilege tag of either sex tag. There's also combination pf 1 and 1 .
Hope this makes sense and I'm correct


That’s how the southern zone works?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

In southern zone I know. Better check northern zone

So come Monday as first day of muzzleloader if you haven't punched your gun buck you can in theory shoot 2 bucks with Regular gun tag/ and one with Archery/ML privilege tag of either sex tag. There's also combination pf 1 and 1 .

Hope this makes sense and I'm correct^_^

 

Wait, what?  Is that really right?  I thought, after regular gun season (ie, after Dec 9) you can only use the muzzle/late bow tag?  Which of course you have to purchase.  Are you saying, in addition to that, you can use a regular season tag?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jmark said:

 

Wait, what?  Is that really right?  I thought, after regular gun season (ie, after Dec 9) you can only use the muzzle/late bow tag?  Which of course you have to purchase.  Are you saying, in addition to that, you can use a regular season tag?  

Yes and the reg tag becomes an either sex but you must harvest with a legal implement either ml or archery 

Several years ago the reg tag was all I had left in the late season and I punched it as my 8th harvest (4 dmp 2 archery/ml 1 DMFA and the reg tag) of the year the last Monday on a yearling doe with my bow.

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OtiscoPaul said:

Yes and the reg tag becomes an either sex

Using muzzle loader or bow of course if you bought those privileges. Yes , regular gun buck tag will be either sex tag plus your either sex ML/ archery tag.  Would be pretty neat and odd feeling shooting two bucks same day wouldn’t it. And legal 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the DEC site (emphasis added): 

 

Q: May I use my Regular Season deer tag during the special seasons?
A: Your Regular Season deer tag cannot be used in the Early Bowhunting or Early Muzzleloading seasons. It can only be used in the Regular Deer Seasons in the Northern and Southern Zones to take a buck. Except, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex in Westchester & Suffolk counties, in areas restricted to bowhunting only (WMUs 4J and 8C), and during the late seasons with the appropriate bow or muzzleloading privileges.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8310.html

So, is this saying that a regular season tag is valid during the late seasons, assuming you have a bow or muzz privilege?  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jmark said:

From the DEC site (emphasis added): 

 

Q: May I use my Regular Season deer tag during the special seasons?
A: Your Regular Season deer tag cannot be used in the Early Bowhunting or Early Muzzleloading seasons. It can only be used in the Regular Deer Seasons in the Northern and Southern Zones to take a buck. Except, the Regular Season deer tag is valid for deer of either sex in Westchester & Suffolk counties, in areas restricted to bowhunting only (WMUs 4J and 8C), and during the late seasons with the appropriate bow or muzzleloading privileges.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8310.html

So, is this saying that a regular season tag is valid during the late seasons, assuming you have a bow or muzz privilege?  

 

Yes and is either sex

Edited by OtiscoPaul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ncountry said:

How about crossbow?

 

I believe yes as it’s technically an ml ha

seriously tho I believe yes again as long as you already purchased the bow/ml privilege 

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s also good for antlerless in any WMU. Which is odd considering they supposedly issue those based on population


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro


I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait wait wait wait wait whoa whoa what!? I can use my leftover regular season buck tag for a deer of either sex with a bow or mz in late bow/mz?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This isn't one of those "eat super hot fireballs, and the deer will come to you" type of troll is it?.  Ah, don't tell me, because I'm definitely getting back out there if this is legit!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, buffalojay83 said:

This isn't one of those "eat super hot fireballs, and the deer will come to you" type of troll is it?.  Ah, don't tell me, because I'm definitely getting back out there if this is legit!!!!!

Legit !  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not to bust balls...well..yes I guess I am gonna. Does anyone even bother to read the regulations anymore? Honestly it blows my mind when topics like this come up and so many people don't have a clue. I can understand maybe the first year of a change but come on guys. As shown in the question and answer paste above the DEC even addresses this in a special question. READ THE BOOK

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

"The trouble with Socialism is, sooner or later you run out of other people's money." - Margaret Thatcher

"When you subsidize poverty and failure, you get more of both.." - James Dale Davidson, National Taxpayers Union

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

not to bust balls...well..yes I guess I am gonna. Does anyone even bother to read the regulations anymore? Honestly it blows my mind when topics like this come up and so many people don't have a clue. I can understand maybe the first year of a change but come on guys. As shown in the question and answer paste above the DEC even addresses this in a special question. READ THE BOOK

you of all people know this will never change.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Upper Hudson River Valley QDMA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.