fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Y’all to busy dragging one out ? Hoping so 

Know of one last morning BBD but wasn't mine..

• Like 1

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

2 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Out by myself today just maybe I'll get one 

Hope you get a Deer. Looks like you pushed Deer for 4 Different guys. Ladies before Gentlemen, I was taught. At least they won't find out about that Turkey Hotspot in May.

• Like 1

I got out yesterday in 9F sat all day except about an hour when I went to Tim's for some hot soup. only deer I saw i jumped on my way in, checked the track and it was small so i didn't pursue it. I did cover a good chunk of the property and didn't cross a fresh track! I wonder where have the deer gone? I pulled out all my cameras after bow season as I don't want them stolen so I don't have any recent intel. I got 1 more weekend with the ML just not sure where to go?

• Like 2

Hunt when I can.. ;)

No deer sighted yesterday. My brother hunted our bean field caught this nice sunset. They are doing drives with the neighbor this morning. 

IMG_3832.jpg

• Like 3

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

Killed two does last night in 8H with the muzzleloader. I had my dad with me who hasn’t killed a deer since the 80s and was trying to get him on one but he seemed a bit reluctant to pull the trigger, probably due to lack of range time. We saw no less than 40 deer, including a nice 3 year old I’ve seen before who was all over a doe and ended up pushing her past my buddy a half mile to the north. I could have shot some more, but two is enough work for one night haha. I think the one does is the biggest I’ve ever killed and the other is just normal sized despite looking like a fawn compared to the slob lol. Back out tonight looking for antlers. Good luck to all those looking to punch a last minute tag!

0dcad0efeb3da3512c01a643675d52b3.jpg

425043036e04df13e8323f706216782f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 19

Out with my son today in 4-0 , cold breezy with sunshine. Plenty of tracks around , not really looking to shoot a deer . However a shooter buck could sway me. Gave my neighbor my doe tag , he’s looking for some meat for freezer. Saw a large doe in my field at about 50yards . Perfect for the freezer. Good year for us with 3 nice bucks taken during bow/ crossbow. Good luck to all ! May hunt a day or two of late bow . Schedule permitting.

• Like 1

Good luck to everyone riding out the last day of Rifle!

Seen a group of 3 does sunning around 11 and 1 in a thicket half hour later. Need to see some horns. Worse case we'll be back out next weekend for ML as ł want one more for the freezer.

20191208_123116.jpg

Edited by XGX7PM
  • Like 4

Y’all to busy dragging one out ? Hoping so 
Busy dragging my a$$ around the property only to see nothing. Buddy and his son saw 7 and took a shot and missed. First time in along time I have not filled at least one regular season gun tag. Regrouping for next weekend with the ML.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I’ve been out all morning doing drives. We are down a few people this year so we are not as effective. We have moved some deer around but they followed their own plan and not ours.

• Sad 1

Bailed on the am hunt, got some stuff done around the house. Driving to williamsville I saw a big boy by William street. Around noon

New spot to finish out the day, in my Great Uncles treestand. Put it off this year but ł have to give it a sit before it's over.

C'mon deer!

• Like 1

Out in 3g after getting house prepped for Christmas. Sitting acorns with some good sign in the snow. Crunchy walk in probably spooked a bunch but pleasant last regular season sit. Freezer has a little room so this may be a brown and down hunt.

Good luck to all trying to get a last day score.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Got it done last night finally with the crossbow . . Went and sat just off a horse  pasture butting up to a  swamp .  Shot a small buck  had a small spike and missing the other side ..

Story in crossbow  harvest thread 

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 10

Buddy just shot a big doe.... oops, turned out to be a buck that had shed it antlers. Looking at the bases, it had shed some time ago. 
im hanging in a pretty stable stand but the wind is shaking even this one. Here’s hoping I can drop one in the last hour or so. 

image.jpg

• Like 3

Tried doing a hang and hunt in a creek bed tonight. I got two sticks up and got surrounded by deer... two small bucks pushing around about a dozen does at 1:45ish. Don’t think anything winded me but had to throw in the towel on the hang and hunt and am sitting against a tree. Didn’t bring a seat or anything for a ground hunt but hopefully they come back and bring a big boy with them.

• Like 2

Heard a shot on neighbor's property. At least someone got lucky and something was moving. Nada from where I sit. Hopefully something stumbles my way.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Snow sure does help tell the story of the woods... can you make out the “Y” that I am sitting over?

bd9e840d9230c0b37c826f32049e65ad.jpg&key=e9dae56712952704d071e67bb375a27a000bb6e2ebe43e53524624ea4a72fdfd

e2a967471336c4d966f01c151fe18797.jpg&key=a9cb9107d4cfdd3e9be8983e6ddab3ee2381230c4c0847a8ada07437796e4b2e

Trying a new wick stick

c80da7a8c4756a5538211205f3e6d6e2.jpg

• Like 4