fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

23 hours ago, TheHornHunter said:

I processed the bigger doe I shot saturday and she weighed in at 140 field dressed. I was thinking she was going to be at least 150 but I’ve never weighed a doe before. Does anyone else weigh their does? If so, what’s an average doe weigh? I shot a big one last year that I got 60 pounds of meat off but I didn’t get a dressed weight on her.

07eb9b152f708aa1f5486df9f88d07ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my wife shot the biggest doe I ever saw and it was 135 dressed. so yea, your doe is huge!

10 hours ago, Zem18 said:

Have to ask, How many of those PA deer did you the chest girth chart on? emoji6.png

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Actually, I used that years ago on a couple of deer. I probably wasn't doing it right, but I came with unbelievable weights. Probably should keep using for bragging purposes!!

• Like 1

Finally in stand. Overslept alarm by 20 minutes. Supposed to be windy, but wind is calm so far. Got the Baffins on today. Good luck all who are out this morning.

IMG_20191211_073124.jpg

• Like 3

Hope to get put of work and get me some woods time . I need it . Bad week so far for me my car broke down 700 to fix it I don't have . My husband's brother in law was found dead in woods on Saturday  and my brothers wife just went on hospice. Not a good year for me . Need me some time in the  woods 

Sorry to hear. Stay strong

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Finally in stand. Overslept alarm by 20 minutes. Supposed to be windy, but wind is calm so far. Got the Baffins on today. Good luck all who are out this morning.
IMG_20191211_073124.thumb.jpg.3d1ea929e9463f14b6c33ce61dd6c143.jpg

Knock em dead goose!

• Like 2

Hope to get put of work and get me some woods time . I need it . Bad week so far for me my car broke down 700 to fix it I don't have . My husband's brother in law was found dead in woods on Saturday  and my brothers wife just went on hospice. Not a good year for me . Need me some time in the  woods 

You got this! We can all tell from your posts how strong you are! Nothing can stop you that’s for sure! I hope you get that woods time you need to clear your head

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cynthiafu said:

Prayers sent Cynthia

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am soo sorry to hear this. My prayers are with you. I pray The Lord comforts and strengthens you, your husband, his sister and your brother thru this time and season. What happened to your husband's BIL? Did he fall out of a tree?

• Thanks 1

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

My thoughts and prayers are with you Cynthia. 

• Thanks 1

Tough year for sure....but you are one tough cookie. May the solitude of the woods ease your burdens and clear your mind.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You have my sincere condolences Cynthia. So sorry.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Reading that just put my week into perspective.....Thoughts and prayers sent.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

I'm sorry cynthia, I hate the cliche saying that when it rains it pours, but it often holds true. For me, the woods therapy is helpful, so I hope it is for you too. Stay safe and prayers sent.

• Thanks 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

6 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Sorry to hear, Cynthia.

• Thanks 1

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

6 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Hope things get better.

• Thanks 1

Hunting isn't always about bagging a deer.....Cynthia if you get the time to be in woods just sit bag and enjoy the peace it brings you. Harvesting game is always a bonus.....but being able to enjoy time afield is priceless!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cynthia you may be having a rough patch of luck but it is a testament to you that a bunch of other hunters can say you gave them a bunch of good luck this season!

I hope you get some woods time and maybe even a crack at a nice deer! Thoughts and prayers....

• Thanks 1

I'm so sorry to read this Cynthia. Stay strong and hope things get better soon for you guys. Let me know if there's any way we can help

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Very sorry to hear Cynthiafu Prayers sent.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Sorry for your loss. I hope things get better for you soon.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Nothing better than some woods therapy @cynthiafu. Sorry to hear all the bad news recently, condolences to you and your family. Things will turn around for you, stay positive 

• Thanks 1

Sat out there in the woods for about 3 hours didnt care if I saw anything . I most likely would not of even shot at anything . Just needed that time . Thank you all for the kind words . And if the hunters are on here that found my brother in law . I want to thank them from the bottom  of my heart. They could of just walked away and never said anything but they didnt . 

• Like 16