The Outlaw Josey Wales

Water Rat

I was watching The Outlaw Josey Wales the other day for the gazillionth time but never noticed that they digitally blackened out the Confederate flag in the beginning of the movie when he joins the Confederate Army. I guess I shouldn't be surprised nowadays.  

History is often written by the victors as the saying goes .

These same folks want to make  Columbus and everyone else disappear that they don't like  from history for what ever reason  eventually they probably would blow up Mount Rushmore if they could . 

Edited by Storm914

52 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Fun Fact: My cousin Jack was in Pale Rider. Hes one of the deputies, the one that stumbles out of the alley with the bullet hole in his forehead

Related image

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0705794/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t26

That’s pretty cool having a cousin in the movie. He played the role of the deputy very well. The video above is probably my favorite part of the movie. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Just a little bit of a correction for this thread.  Josey Wales never joined the Confederate Army.  He joined "Bloody Bill" Anderson, who was part of the Missouri guerrilla rebel militia.  They fought with the South, but were never Confederate soldiers.  They were partisan rangers.  That's why they were never given any status by the North after the war and were shot on sight, just like happened in the movie.  They were all considered war criminals.

They did not fly a Confederate flag when they rode.  Their flag was simply black, sometimes with Quantrill's name written on it in large letters.

The film got the flag right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Rattler said:

Just a little bit of a correction for this thread.  Josey Wales never joined the Confederate Army.  He joined "Bloody Bill" Anderson, who was part of the Missouri guerrilla rebel militia.  They fought with the South, but were never Confederate soldiers.  They were partisan rangers.  That's why they were never given any status by the North after the war and were shot on sight, just like happened in the movie.  They were all considered war criminals.

They did not fly a Confederate flag when they rode.  Their flag was simply black, sometimes with Quantrill's name written on it in large letters.

Dont piss on our backs and tell us its raining

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rattler said:

Your above post makes sense and after reading it , your absolutely correct. Thanks for clearing that up. I stand corrected. 

• Like 1