WNY Bowhunter

Remodeling my taxidermy shop...

Recommended Posts

I'm in the process of doing a little remodeling to my taxidermy shop/man cave and am realizing that I may have a problem...too many antlers laying around getting in my way! ;)

20190905_144521.thumb.jpg.4c73da63f3aa4c4ac997791126e7328d.jpg

  • Like 5

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

I'm in the process of doing a little remodeling to my taxidermy shop/man cave and am realizing that I may have a problem...too many antlers laying around getting in my way! ;)

20190905_144521.thumb.jpg.4c73da63f3aa4c4ac997791126e7328d.jpg

What about having a Chandelier made?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 4

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or a Christmas tree, I like those


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  • Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Or a Christmas tree, I like those


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I need to find sheds. I haven't found a single shed. I am quite possibly the worst shed finder in the world. Also probably not a terribly awesome hunter either but that's ok. I just don't know how to scout effectively. But definitely should make something out of those sick antlers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Find out what they do to sell them for dogs , someone is making a fortune off selling pieces of antler for dogs to chew on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While mine certainly didn’t stack up,to those, I gave most of mine away . Guys used them to make  drawer pulls at their camps , knife handles , one guy added them to a wire he hangs them off at his camp .

Just to,much clutter, that my kids will toss out when I die . I’d get a dumpster if the Mrs would let me and toss most of the ,” stuff “ around here .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

While mine certainly didn’t stack up,to those, I gave most of mine away . Guys used them to make  drawer pulls at their camps , knife handles , one guy added them to a wire he hangs them off at his camp .

Just to,much clutter, that my kids will toss out when I die . I’d get a dumpster if the Mrs would let me and toss most of the ,” stuff “ around here .

Wouldn't dream of even throwing one little chewed up spike out...that pile of bone represents hundreds of hours and miles of walking. This ain't Iowa!!!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi my name is WNY bowhunter, antler addict. 

Sir , this is Alcoholics Anonymous.

Oh, sorry, soooo i should leave ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What about having a Chandelier made?

Good idea, but i'd never do that withy sheds I found... lol. Some one elses? Hell yea, yes sir I would then.. lol But never one sI worked for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

I need to find sheds. I haven't found a single shed. I am quite possibly the worst shed finder in the world. Also probably not a terribly awesome hunter either but that's ok. I just don't know how to scout effectively. But definitely should make something out of those sick antlers

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
 

Im in the same club. Never found a shed, just some dead heads

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Find out what they do to sell them for dogs , someone is making a fortune off selling pieces of antler for dogs to chew on.
They maybe wash them is all. And then sell them for like 5 bucks a pound. That is for elk antler though

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there's some Chinese dude scoping out your place right now. that right there is a pile of cash on the black market. 

  • Like 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

assuming most represent history with certain bucks. get an old wood plank, trim out picture frame from old wood with finish nails and glue. glass and trail cam photo from that year side in from side. leather strips short but tied off to each shed. old square nails to hang them with photo in the middle.  offset photo if only one side was found. move down the board with previous years sheds. lean the board against the wall under the mount. you can take the sheds off any time to BS with a friend.

other idea that's more up your alley is make a mount with square pin sleeves. drill out shed bases and mount small square pins putty epoxy them into place to get angles right. now you can take sheds from multiple years and slide them onto the mount to see what the deer looked like year to year within reason.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

assuming most represent history with certain bucks. get an old wood plank, trim out picture frame from old wood with finish nails and glue. glass and trail cam photo from that year side in from side. leather strips short but tied off to each shed. old square nails to hang them with photo in the middle.  offset photo if only one side was found. move down the board with previous years sheds. lean the board against the wall under the mount. you can take the sheds off any time to BS with a friend.

other idea that's more up your alley is make a mount with square pin sleeves. drill out shed bases and mount small square pins putty epoxy them into place to get angles right. now you can take sheds from multiple years and slide them onto the mount to see what the deer looked like year to year within reason.

I do have history with many of these deer but not that much...lol. I have three years worth of sheds off a couple. Many come from properties that I only have permission to shed hunt. 


"I'm not from New York. I'm a REDNECK from Western New York!!!"

"It's not a passion. It's an obsession!!!" - Mossy Oak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 5:13 PM, WNY Bowhunter said:

Wouldn't dream of even throwing one little chewed up spike out...that pile of bone represents hundreds of hours and miles of walking. This ain't Iowa!!!

The thing is your kids will just toss it , I get it I liked to save all this stuff myself, till I had to,clean out my parents house . Then I realized it was just a burden to the next generation .

Be like the sand Mandela’s .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.