2020 Colt Python

turkeyfeathers

12 hours ago, johnplav said:

My #1 wanted handgun is a bit cheaper but still a bit much for a late Christmas present.

C4A5BE7C-6EDF-46E3-94D2-0B4B93FAE5E3.jpeg

I have it.  She's delightful.  I think retail it was 1400 ish?  Be prepared to have a pain in the ass finding a good holster for it.  I want to get a chest holster that will accommodate a rail attachment.  

• Like 1

These new Pythons are improved versions of the old Pythons.  I'd much rather have one of these new ones than one of the old ones.  The old ones are for collectors.  The new ones are for shooters that will use them.  That's me.  IMHO @ $1500 MSRP, which may mean an over the counter price of about $1300 soon, it's a bargain.  I love revolvers and have 4 currently, from .22 to .45.  I'll be buying one in the near future.

11 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I have it.  She's delightful.  I think retail it was 1400 ish?  Be prepared to have a pain in the ass finding a good holster for it.  I want to get a chest holster that will accommodate a rail attachment.  

Look into Kenai chest holster   They’ll custom one if no stock one made. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, sodfather said:

I asked an Erie county sheriffs why I have a clean background. The letter they sent was a very generic saying I wasn’t %100 honest with my past. I submitted all of my speeding and cell phone tickets. He said it’s random and besides NYC it’s the hardest place in the country to get a permit. I already exhausted enough of my time downtown and lost the money I spent for the application. Screw them I think it’s BS that 1 judge gets to make the decision on who gets one and who doesn’t. 

Wow sorry to hear that . The other day I talked to a guy who has his permit from a different county then where he lives because, he owns rental properties there . My daughter moved to Erie and we were nervous about transferring her Unrestricted  permit there, as your packet is sent from previous county, then Erie calls you in and you go through some of their bs. 

The county that issued her permit, said she could do that OR, they would put her Buffalo address on her permit and notify the a State Police of her new address and bypass Erie altogether.

On one  a forum , nyfirearms ,there’s always guys with your issues, and many have resolved them . Some very knowledgeable guys there as well as gun instructors,and attorneys who specialize in these things. Some have simply requested a hearing and pleaded their case .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Big time garbage.....my Dad and I just took a ride the other day to Erie PA and got a Pennsylvania permit in 10 minutes. Turned in a one page application, payed 20 bucks and had our pic taken buy a sherrifs deputy. The deputy barely even spoke to us and said we'll receive our permit in 3 weeks.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I got my PA permit in Erie 2 weeks ago,  I walked out WITH IT in less than 10 minutes. They printed the card right then and there. $20.

59 minutes ago, Don_C said:

I got my PA permit in Erie 2 weeks ago,  I walked out WITH IT in less than 10 minutes. They printed the card right then and there. $20.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you need a NY pistol permit or a permit in the state you reside in to be able to get your PA permit?

• Like 1

https://www.concealedcarry.com/dynamic-ccw-permit-reciprocity-map-builder/

Heres a map that you can put in your permit and see what others states will honor  it. Back when myself and wife signed up to get our Utah permit PA was on the list of states that would honor it. So from the time we signed to the time they gave the course PA decided to remove themselves from it. We’ve been slacking about going to get our PA out of state , we need to go . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, goosifer said:

@sodfather There is a lawyer by the name of Peter Vasiliion at 8845 Sheridan Dr @ Shimerville that might be able to help. I've had limited dealings with him, which went well. His website is

http://www.pvasilionlaw.com/practice-areas/pistol-permit-matters/ The google reviews are surprisingly mixed. Not sure how much stock I would put in them, however, given my positive dealings with him.

Thanks Joe I will for sure look into this guy....

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you need a NY pistol permit or a permit in the state you reside in to be able to get your PA permit?

Yes, that is correct. They don't even want references anymore. Just your info, show your NYS permit and they printed one for me right then and there.

49 minutes ago, Splitear_Leland said:

That's a chunk of change, but I'm curious what the actual street value will be. I'm sure way too much for me, but I would imagine it will be under the $1500 msrp.

Sharp gun though.

The King Cobra was available at MSRP and higher when I purchased mine a few months ago. Colt did a limited release, they were difficult to find. I'm sure they will do the same with the Python.

Yes, that is correct. They don't even want references anymore. Just your info, show your NYS permit and they printed one for me right then and there.

You have one of the coveted unrestricted permits or sportsperson?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You have one of the coveted unrestricted permits or sportsperson?

Unrestricted. I don’t believe they are giving restricted permits very often anymore. ...Erie county that is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Don_C said:

Unrestricted. I don’t believe they are giving restricted permits very often anymore.

I thought Erie county gives mostly restricted permits and then you have to go before a judge to have the restrictions removed . 

Unrestricted. I don’t believe they are giving restricted permits very often anymore.

I meant NY permit. In Westchester they almost never (read never) give anyone an unrestricted permit