This may have been discussed already but, does anyone have or use these? I was thinking mainly for spring turkey hunting as my hearing is real bad especially in my left ear. And to help with muzzle blast when hunting out of a blind. There are a bunch of types out there now besides the original electronic ear muffs. Looking forward to comments. Thanks

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Great topic! My hearing isn't very good anymore either. And I've been considering a Walkers Game Ear too. So I'll definitely be following the comments here as well.

Agreed...great topic. My hearing is not that bad, yet, but I have always wanted to try these. I too will be following this thread. 

Thanks Taco

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

One of my concerns with any electronic amplification would be the increase of the sounds of all the tweety birds and such! I'm afraid that ear muffs will just amplify everything and not really help me hear turkeys in the distance? Plus with my bad hearing being mostly in 1 ear will these things help with directional hearing?

Hunt when I can.. ;)

I have the walker razor slim.  They work great.  Added volume to the quiet sounds but protect from the high db noise of shooting.  The only thing that isn't optimal for hunting is that its hard to tell sound direction when wearing them.    That said, Andrew and I were just discussing that we need to start wearing them when hunting dogs.  My ears were ringing for weeks after last outing.  I don't want to permanently damage them any worse.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

My hearing stinks .... But what about the shotgun blast ?  Would that also be amplified ?

No - that is the idea that the amplification is cut off on high db noises (like shooting) and then they act like any other muff. 

9 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Could they amplify a tv and mute wife ? Asking for a friend ^_^

If so, I need 2 so I have a spare...just in case lol

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

5 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Could they amplify a tv and mute wife ? Asking for a friend ^_^

Does your friend's wife speak at high db levels?

one of my drunk buddies on a fishing/hunting trip sat in the screened front porch with these on (and binoculars) and found out that the neighbors were cooking 3 lbs of spaghetti.  lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I have the walker razor slim.  They work great.  Added volume to the quiet sounds but protect from the high db noise of shooting.  The only thing that isn't optimal for hunting is that its hard to tell sound direction when wearing them.    That said, Andrew and I were just discussing that we need to start wearing them when hunting dogs.  My ears were ringing for weeks after last outing.  I don't want to permanently damage them any worse.

I got news for you Moog, if your ears have been ringing for weeks you definitely did damage. 

Hunt when I can.. ;)

I have the muffs....PAI to shoot with like any muffs. They do enhance the volume of things and cut off hi volumes. If used for hunting, would considered the ear buds. I would have gotten a set but was afraid id end up losing one or both. I have not tried any of the ear bud types.

Edited by Engraver99

NRA Life Member

Buckmaster's Life Member

2 hours ago, 2012_taco said:

I got news for you Moog, if your ears have been ringing for weeks you definitely did damage. 

What did you say?

• Like 1

Serious question, do soldiers wear heating protection when in combat?   I assume no but man that would be tough.  

I’ve had some for about 2 years now I wear shooting trap. They are great except I wish the had a string or something so when I take them out I don’t have to put in my pocket or case . 

38 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Serious question, do soldiers wear heating protection when in combat?   I assume no but man that would be tough.  

Typically they do not. Usually at the time the sh**t hits the fan the farthest thing from their minds is sticking the foam in their ears and that is about all they are offered.

• Thanks 1

Does your friend's wife speak at high db levels?

If “db “ stands for “douchebag” that product may really take off at the Democratic Presidential Debate Press room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2