Corona Virus Thread

Just now, crappyice said:

Local(to me) schools closing for two days to clean...some with connections to Manhattan guy is is positive and are 9 people directed connected to him are also confirmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow it is real people .you will find me.in the woods camping and fishing do not look for me .

In Westchester, about 1,000 people have self-quarantined, officials said.

No surprise here. Like I said all along, so many people have it but minimal symptoms. Unless you have prior health issues you just stay home. No point in going to the hospital

In Westchester, about 1,000 people have self-quarantined, officials said.

No surprise here. Like I said all along, so many people have it but minimal symptoms. Unless you have prior health issues you just stay home. No point in going to the hospital

True...however you (Not Biz but the plural you) don’t know you have it according to some of the minor symptoms and so you stay out there. You will be fine but come across an elderly person, she’s F’ed.

Single mother working as a nurse at hosp where Westchester case appeared. She lives in my mother’s complex which is not senior loving but mostly elderly. If she bring that virus to that complex many people will not survive according to whom is most greatly affected. That’s where it gets real

True...however you (Not Biz but the plural you) don’t know you have it according to some of the minor symptoms and so you stay out there. You will be fine but come across an elderly person, she’s F’ed.

Single mother working as a nurse at hosp where Westchester case appeared. She lives in my mother’s complex which is not senior loving but mostly elderly. If she bring that virus to that complex many people will not survive according to whom is most greatly affected. That’s where it gets real

Yup. That’s why I truly think thousands have it locally which means the death rate is well under 1%. So it’s basically a bad flu season

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Very true. Not only running into someone who is immunosuppressed, but also transmitting to others who can transmit to those people, or on down the line. It's easy to right it off as "it's not gonna kill me, I'm healthy", but is what I have been hearing a lot of. 

18 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

over 200 people on average die per day from Snake Bites. 80-140K annually. And I bet that number is low. I would think a lot more are dying that aren't accounted for. Point is, i got a much better chance of dying from a copperhead or rattlesnake locally than COVID-19

My favorite part of 7J...no copperheads, probably no rattlesnakes (and atleast you know where they would likely be and hear them) and while I’m at it pretty much no black bears (dude in NJ git mauled right where I USED to hunt).  I’m from pa grew up with them but uuuuugh.

The land management work I used to do in Western PA was shady with snakes and again atleast you could see the dozens of timber rattlers on and under the rocks...copperheads, uuuugh 

I agree with biz about the severity but I am unsure if people can handle schools closed for a week which I think we may be on the verge of. Maybe not 

Also Hang Seng Index has been doing pretty good past 2-3 weeks seems like the cycle in China (economic and viral) has been stabilized obviously not in Europe 

Edited by OtiscoPaul
  • Like 1

Local(to me) schools closing for two days to clean...some with connections to Manhattan guy is is positive and are 9 people directed connected to him are also confirmed

New Rochelle is totally raw dogged. It's been nice knowing ya@crappyice

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

He has a weakened immune system? if not, he's fine. under 50 and you live unless you're a frail vegan.

At first I read “frail virgin” and was offended that you think that of me. Than i realize it said VEGAN and I’m REALLY PISSED.

New Ro schools are open FYI

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yup. That’s why I truly think thousands have it locally which means the death rate is well under 1%. So it’s basically a bad flu season

If alcohol kills the virus - I suggest drinking on the train everyday and not just Fridays.  

• Haha 2

This corona virus has got to be the biggest global paranoia I've ever seen in my 56 years of life.  I just can't believe how the world is freaking out over this.  If 20%, 30% or 40% of those who contract it were dying maybe I'd be worried, but the percentage is nowhere close to those numbers.  I couldn't imagine if something truly serious hit this planet.  It would without a doubt be doomsday for humanity.  The panic alone would wipe out half the earths inhabitants.  Unbelievable!

• Like 3

I typically have “ supplies “ at home particularly consumables , so events like these I’m already set . However I take one OTC med. a H2 blocker , I currently have about a months supply, thought there was another bottle of 250, but can’t find it, so the Mrs went to Walmart and I asked her to get some , this is the aisle .

7CBF55A7-D3E0-466D-816D-F9B2BC9E50CA.jpeg

• Like 1