Corona Virus Thread

2 hours ago, Rattler said:

So if my math is correct, about 100 extra indigent people are dying in NYC every week, or 400 more per month.  These would be people who really cannot socially isolate, probably haven't been well informed, are most likely unhealthy and don't seek out medical treatment.  And that's assuming this is an average over a month, not just a backlog of bodies finally being buried.

My guess from your tone you're like "who cares"?

48 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

https://www.fda.gov/food/food-safety-during-emergencies/shopping-food-during-covid-19-pandemic-information-consumers

Hope ya'll haven't been wasting money on wipes. I've been leaving things in garage, but not wiping them down. 

No scientific data so far as to how long the virus can survive on a surface.  Their guess is several hours to several days.  Some say up to 7-10 days in the right condition.  As most viruses and bacterias, right conditions always tends to be dark, cool, and damp place.  Sort of like a garage, cellar, or fridge.  All the cleaning might be a complete waste but I rather not chance it.

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Monday that American pressure on Iran in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic was "inhumane"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/us-pressure-on-iran-during-coronavirus-outbreak-is-inhumane-rouhani/ar-BB12VWXc?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

"In these difficult conditions, American pressure on the people of Iran is more inhumane than at any other time and the continuation of it is a barbaric crime against a great people and against all human principles and international regulations," Rouhani said during a phone call with Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte.

So Rouhani, a leader of a regime that calls for the death of America and Israel, supports international Islamic terrorists, treats females like livestock and murders homosexuals by throwing them off roof tops calls American treatment “inhumane” and “barbaric”?

I still think we have some unfinished business from 1979 when Iran attacked the American embassy and held American hostage.  Maybe Rouhani needs some real “inhumane” and “barbaric” treatment.

For all of the people who are treating this like a joke or dont care at all about people getting sick, my cousin past away this morning. He was 42 years old, ZERO underlying conditions, the sole provider of his wife and kids here as well as the supporter for his elderly parents and brothers family back home in europe. This shit is not a joke. I would venture to guess he was younger and healthier than a couple of the people on here that are fighting any kind of quarantine. Those people are a JOKE

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

For all of the people who are treating this like a joke or dont care at all about people getting sick, my cousin past away this morning. He was 42 years old, ZERO underlying conditions, the sole provider of his wife and kids here as well as the supporter for his elderly parents and brothers family back home in europe. This shit is not a joke. I would venture to guess he was younger and healthier than a couple of the people on here that are fighting any kind of quarantine. Those people are a JOKE

To say I am sorry doesn’t come close to how this makes me feel. 

So sorry AT...no words

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

So sorry for your loss AT.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Very sad, my condolences.   I will admit that I was skeptical of this virus at first.  I honestly thought it was just another thing the media wanted to sensationalize.   But, we are seeing more than a few young and healthy people losing their lives to it to make me a believer that this virus is definitely no joke.  And, it surely isn't a joke for those family who have lost loved ones.  We should all hope and pray that our loved ones will not be the next victim and that the world can somehow get rid of this disease very soon and for good.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Very sad, my condolences.   I will admit that I was skeptical of this virus at first.  I honestly thought it was just another thing the media wanted to sensationalize.   But, we are seeing more than a few young and healthy people losing their lives to it to make me a believer that this virus is definitely no joke.  And, it surely isn't a joke for those family who have lost loved ones.  We should all hope and pray that our loved ones will not be the next victim and that the world can somehow get rid of this disease very soon and for good.

Thats the scary part. More and more younger people are passing from this. Many of my friends have lost friends that were in their early 30's from it 

1 hour ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Thats the scary part. More and more younger people are passing from this. Many of my friends have lost friends that were in their early 30's from it 

The only good news here is that this is very rare. As of today in all of the US, only 3 people under the age of 14 have died from coronavirus. 21 people between ages 15-24 and 162 people between 25-34. So overall, 186 people across the entire U.S. under the age of 35. The numbers really jump for the elderly, of course.

• Like 1

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The only good news here is that this is very rare. As of today in all of the US, only 3 people under the age of 14 have died from coronavirus. 21 people between ages 15-24 and 162 people between 25-34. So overall, 186 people across the entire U.S. under the age of 35. The numbers really jump for the elderly, of course.

You are correct. Its rare for peopple under the age of 35 to die from it. Of course those with medical complications are a different story

2 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

I'm so sorry to hear, bro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

Two people my parents knew from their home town.  My aunt's friend.  My boss' neighbor.  Someone in my niece's building.  My wife's uncle.  That's 6 people (not counting AT's cousin) I have within 2 degrees of separation from that has died from this.  People keep saying it's like the flu.  I've never seen a flu season ever before where so many people I know passed away.  Don't kid yourselves.  This isn't some "fake news" I pulled from some new network.  This is personal truths.

PS: By the way.  As details of my wife's passing came forth.  Here are more facts.  Since his work was closed due to the lock down, he couldn't sit home and do nothing so he decided to volunteer at a community center with 2 of his friends.  Both those friends also passed away.

23 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

So overall, 186 people across the entire U.S. under the age of 35

Might want to check those numbers. There are over 300 under 40 yrs old here in NY

https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/views/NYS-COVID19-Tracker/NYSDOHCOVID-19Tracker-Fatalities?%3Aembed=yes&%3Atoolbar=no&%3Atabs=n

My condolences ATbuckhunter

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Might want to check those numbers. There are over 300 under 40 yrs old here in NY

https://covid19tracker.health.ny.gov/views/NYS-COVID19-Tracker/NYSDOHCOVID-19Tracker-Fatalities?%3Aembed=yes&%3Atoolbar=no&%3Atabs=n

My condolences ATbuckhunter

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm I saw it here on CDC website.Your chart is grouping 30-39 together. The CDC does 25-34.

But i do like that NY chart  at the bottom that shows underlying issues. 89% of all deaths in NY had at least 1underlying health issue.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld