• .35 Rem
    • .243 Win
    • 7mm Rem Mag
    • .300 Win Mag
    • 7mm Weatherby Mag
    • .340 Weatherby Mag
    • .338 Win Mag
    • Other, please explain!

it is orignal winchester my dad bought it in the 50s when i was a kid . ive been using it for about 40 years. have old brass about 3 boxes just dont know a reloader .

You are fortunate to have such a fine heirloom.....

{{ Pygmy turns GREEN with envy }}

Very cool... Just an educated guess, but is your 32-20 a M 92 ?...

Rifle or carbine ?

I was once in possession of a M92 takedown rifle in 32-20. It had belonged to my ex-wife's father and was originally owned by a fellow here in Steuben County who commited a double murder back in the 1920s. It was not in good shooting condition.. It had a broken stock at the wrist ( repaired with wood screws and black tape) and had several fairly crude carvings on both buttstock and forend.. The sear was worn badly and it was not safe to cycle the action while loaded..

Still, it was quite an hierloom.. When my ex-wife and I separated, I gave it to a nephew, because it was a hand down from his grandfather and I did not feel right that I should keep it, not being blood relation.

Hunterman

My brother has the Browning Model 71 and had stopped shooting it because of the cost. We have recently began to reload to save money on ammo Also to be able to shoot the rifles that are in calibers that are difficult to find or to expensive. it was not difficult to learn and there are plenty of forums and web sites to help. You can also get some reloading books and read up on it before hand . We kept it simple by getting a Lee single stage press from Cabelas. Definately look into the reloading side of this sport it will help to keep that fine rifle hunting.

• Like 1

i have not touched my dads guns since he passed in 2006 i will look at them as soon as i can and let you know but i think it is mdl 92 in great condition. He knew his guns like i said and he has some real beautys one gun he never was able to get was a drilling ...which he thought was awesome .. thanks for the input guys and for stirring up geat memories about my Dad...really !! Thanks !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My go to gun is my encore in 25-06. That is what I take out the door the most. I just got a 7-08 barrel for the encore, which I am starting to shoot a bit now. encore 45 muzzleloader then my model 99 300 savage that was my dads. I also have my moms model 94 3030 pre 64. I have not hunted with it yet but do shoot it occasionally. I hope to take it for a walk this fall.

• 12 years later...

Putting aside my .270 for the first time and will be using this golden oldie this season.  Bought it last summer as you see it along with 24 rounds of ammo for a whopping $100 from an older gentleman who did not want it anymore.   Don't think I ever had a greater deal in my life.  Gave the man what he asked for it.  It's the Savage model 99f in .300 Savage.  Ammo is not easy to find anymore but was lucky enough to find 3 boxes this past Spring so it's going hunting with me this season.  Shoots minute of deer all day long and it's an absolute delight to carry.  Feels way better in your hands than any bolt action I ever handled.  Hopefully it gets to bring something down this season.

20230731_160636.thumb.jpg.db54a7080185c24ed0e4b1e5d0ee3995.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

For Maine its my Browning Bar 30-06 Carbine . Weighs only 6 1/2 lbs , fast as lighting on target acquisition with the Leupold VX6  1x6 Firedot scope with duplex reticle . There are only 50 of these rifles that were ordered from Browning by Performance shooting of Constable NY back in 2017. That was the Browning Bar 100 year anniversary. The serial numbers reflect that . The sequence was A100201 through A100250. I bought numbers 226 and 231.  Best shooting rifle I ever used in my life. I hunt with one and the other is stored away.

But I still bring my Rem 742 30-06 with me that my Grandfather gave me as backup . i usually carry it on one of the 7 days I'm up in Maine as tradition to honor him for always bringing me hunting as a little kid.

BrowningCarb.JPG

BrowningCarb1.JPG

BrowningCarb2.JPG

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 3

Been toating my dad's  60 year old 35 remington, he passed 3 years ago and I find comfort using his rifle. It has served me very well through the years. Took this buck with it last season. The 2nd pic shows the 35 on another buck i took on a previous year.

20231121_102446.jpg

20231118_095157.jpg

• Like 2

I bought a marlin 336c 3030 for this year, paired with my howa .308 with hand loads I’ve got everything covered, browning .243 or Winchester 25.06 might make an appearance, and if the weather is terrible savage 6.5 creed that I won’t cry over if it gets soaked.

• Like 1

I have a 1960 Marlin 336 in .35 Rem that I use sometimes in the woods.  It sports an old Leupold 2X and I took the white line spaces off the stock.  I think it looks much better without them.  I hammers deer out to 200 yards with 200 grain soft points.

My336.JPG

• Like 2