"One Eye" is back.

9 hours ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

He lost his eye when he was 3.5 back in 2017....it hasn't seemed to slow him down any!!!

Awesome buck....I have  hunted  since the early 1960s and I have never seen a buck of that caliber on the hoof, in season or out...A few dead ones, but never a live one...

Awesome buck....I have  hunted  since the early 1960s and I have never seen a buck of that caliber on the hoof, in season or out...A few dead ones, but never a live one...
That's crazy! We're only only 45 minutes apart...I've seen many bucks of this caliber and larger here on the NE corner of the county. Unfortunately, it mostly just during summer scouting and in trailcam pics...

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

That's crazy! We're only only 45 minutes apart...I've seen many bucks of this caliber and larger here on the NE corner of the county. Unfortunately, it mostly just during summer scouting and in trailcam pics...

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

30 miles or so can make a big difference, for whatever reason....Over the many, many years I have hunted,  the really BIG bucks seem to come from  an area around Bradford, and in a pattern northwest of there...Lots of deer down here around  here on the Pennsyltucky border, but damn few really big bucks...The heaviest buck I have ever seen on a set of scales weighed 185 dressed, and he was killed in early bow season when he was still larded up with fat...The highest scoring buck  I have personally seen was taken on the Frog Hollow Road off Meads Creek..A real clean typical 10 that scored 168.....

21 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

30 miles or so can make a big difference, for whatever reason....Over the many, many years I have hunted,  the really BIG bucks seem to come from  an area around Bradford, and in a pattern northwest of there...Lots of deer down here around  here on the Pennsyltucky border, but damn few really big bucks...The heaviest buck I have ever seen on a set of scales weighed 185 dressed, and he was killed in early bow season when he was still larded up with fat...The highest scoring buck  I have personally seen was taken on the Frog Hollow Road off Meads Creek..A real clean typical 10 that scored 168.....

Depends on where you hunt like you said. I have killed and been a part of kills of multiple bucks that weighed 180-200 that were 3-4 years old. This deer in particular, wish i saved his bottom jaw to send to deerage.com. 

FAF1B75F-2FBD-473E-928A-DBE24CEB4B32.png

9 hours ago, Pygmy said:

The "200 lb" weight for a deer gets thrown around just like the magical 25lb turkey. When the scales come out those numbers usually tend to have some ground shrinkage.  I have seen several local deer that have broken that mark over the past few seasons. Interestingly, most of the larger antlered deer that I've seen...all gun kills in the 180"+ class have only dressed out 160-165 lbs.

Edited by WNY Bowhunter