Licenses and DMPs avail starting 8/10

Robhuntandfish

14 minutes ago, Trial153 said:

Bought mine while sitting in Ohare waiting on my layover... so far no email confirmation and I didn't see anywhere were it told me if I was awarded a DMP

It should tell you right away and same for the confirmation email. Maybe you didn't quite finish? I had to click yes or no on the donation window before i finished my application.

• Like 1

It should tell you right away and same for the confirmation email. Maybe you didn't quite finish? I had to click yes or no on the donation window before i finished my application.
Got it figured out, I think it was spotty airport internet.
Got the DMP too, not sure why ...probably should have saved the point I had.
  • Like 1

I have been curious how well this Lifetime license thing would work now that I am a Florida resident. I should not have doubted NY's ability to screw it up. When I signed in online I quickly saw that DEC still had my old NY address, even though I changed it months ago. Lord only knows where they sent my new license/tags. I have zero confidence in the USPS forwarding them, it takes up to 30 days for them to forward my Florida mail to my summer NY address. On the brighter side, I was selected for a tag in 8T and another in 7R. Looking forward to a Thanksgiving hunt.

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

It's amazing that 7F and 7J will have leftover permits avail they issue so many but 7P is tough to get. 

I don't get it either. 7m has good chances also and two picks.  There's a lot of deer in 7p.  I never under stood why they made the area it split every town in the valley in half.  

9 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

I gotta go get mine ; buying early doesn’t increase your chances for a DMP correct ?

I am with rob on this. They have to say chances are the same,but i have a feeling they figure other things into the process. I try to make a point of filling my dmp every year,that might be helpful. The goal is herd control,so i wouldnt be surprised if i get luckier because my dmp gets filled.

9 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

I don't get it either. 7m has good chances also and two picks.  There's a lot of deer in 7p.  I never under stood why they made the area it split every town in the valley in half.  

7p has a ton of landowner tags is why, I make it a point to use my antlerless bow tag there and use the wife’s license to get preference points there. 

6 hours ago, Hock3y24 said:

7p has a ton of landowner tags is why, I make it a point to use my antlerless bow tag there and use the wife’s license to get preference points there. 

That is true there is a lot of big chunks of private. I do the same thing with my anterless bow tag.  Usually i get a 7p at least every other year.

• Like 1

The old online system was way better than this new one.  Lots of bugs and quirks with this new one. Got thru it but not very user friendly.   Typical NYS where nothing ever improves.  Black lives matter is probably receiving the money saved on this second rate licensing system!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, steve863 said:

The old online system was way better than this new one.  Lots of bugs and quirks with this new one. Got thru it but not very user friendly.   Typical NYS where nothing ever improves.  Black lives matter is probably receiving the money saved on this second rate licensing system!

I had quite the opposite results as you lol, not a single issue 4 licenses ordered. That woulda been a nightmare last year.

Tried again today using his DMV number and his DEC number. His name and all his info come up but I get this at the top: 

Unable to complete registration

Please check your inputs and try again. Customer is not valid.

Very frustrating, typical NY.