ANTLERS

EHD outbreak in NY?

Just now, corydd7 said:

Yorehntr surely hasn't been trolling. A friend fished one out of Orange Lake in Newburgh yesterday. He is a realtor and has had numerous run ins with this type of thing the last two weeks. 

My mother in law who keep up with everything and I mean EVERYTHING somehow knows about this as well. I have a buddy who is set to move into a house with land in Goshen in a couple weeks. He is a big hunter, crappy timing for him.

so far it appears to be closest to the hudson and slightly north? I still haven't heard of any in northern westchester or southern putnam county

• Like 1

10 minutes  into walk and 1 . Then found 2 alive that didn't look good

20200923_080520.thumb.jpg.af374dff7c018d124118314c0dcd43d1.jpg

2e051a39819a6866c9c28388bf273de4.jpg&key=e0c7eb9ccb0c5fd26f067899ffaffcd00a85d453b0d6fdf8f660d0d935dc0e79

Probably worth reporting no?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only no about Orange County.  Besides from this site, I've had friends find them dead in Goshen, Newburgh and Chester.

Nice mass on that 6pt

I’d like to think it’s 4 on the other buried aide so it’s not a wasted 6 but a wasted 7

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I’d like to think it’s 4 on the other buried aide so it’s not a wasted 6 but a wasted 7

I would have to check. No way i could leave half a rack hidden. what if it was 12pt on that other side?

• Like 1

It was a sad site . I hope they close Stewart for deer hunting . And I am a hunter . But if we found that many in just a short time I can't imagine  how  many are in or around the bigger swamps.  And you can smell them . As your walking around.very very sad . Going to check a couple of other places . Like black Rock  and other hunting spots

It was a sad site . I hope they close Stewart for deer hunting . And I am a hunter . But if we found that many in just a short time I can't imagine  how  many are in or around the bigger swamps.  And you can smell them . As your walking around.very very sad . Going to check a couple of other places . Like black Rock  and other hunting spots

Been saying it for 2 weeks. Glad you guys took the walk today. I live across from Stewart and my woods have smelled like death for a month!!

Even if they don’t close it (which it sounds like they should) why would anyone hunt there this year?

• Like 1

I just talk to officer John and sent him the info . Matt if you want his number ill send it to you. I sent him a map of the deer we found with pictures . 

• Like 2

Glad, I hiked along for 3 1/2hours.    Very Sad with the Dead + Dying Deer. The Smell was Horrible.  

Matt + Cynthia found a good 7 Deer!:(

2 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Not looking forward to hunting season now.

20200923_105035.jpg

I have some spots to show you away from Stewart.

2 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

20200923_101230.jpg

Thanks Cynthia. A Huntingny.com GTG. I learned a bit more from you and Young Matt  has a Ton of Knowledge!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Did any of you three report those deer to DEC? I would guess you did, but ya never know.

Yes Matt has been reporting his finds.  I reported . And they are sending someone out to pick up the ones we found or test them . And look for the 2 dying ones

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It was good to meet you both, Bill and Cynthia. I’m sure we’ve crossed paths a few times.  I reported the numbers to region 3 biologist, I’ve been e-mailing. 

Unfortunately, it’s just more confirmation , that it’s widespread and significant all around. 

Edited by Yorehntr
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yorehntr said:

It was good to meet you both, Bill and Cynthia. I’m sure we’ve crossed paths a few times.  I reported the numbers to region 3 biologist, I’ve been e-mailing. 

Yup-- same here.

I am thankful to be hunting where i am.  Add a deer herd die off right before hunting season to an already !%@$ing, &^%@#ing 2020 and that would prob make me lose my cool!  All that sucks - terrible to see it happening. 

• Like 1

Sorry I haven’t been closely following but hey Bill, what’s in the bag??

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

what is  next zombies what a year  , surreal 

Zombie Squirrels
They climb your tree
Sit right under your stand and bark
When enough show up, they get ya

• Like 1

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals