Vaccination

1 hour ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

But I'm sure your fine with the Harvard Drs opinion on immunity. You can search and select the sources that will give you the answers you prefer. The CDC is a legitimate source who's analysis compares to any other scientific studies done so far.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a guide last week for “Inclusive Communication,” cautioning against using words like prisoner, smoker, illegal immigrant, disabled or homeless, which the agency says could imply blame or stigma.

The guide’s opening line says, “We must confront the systems and policies that have resulted in the generational injustice that has given rise to health inequities.” The CDC is now about fighting injustice, not disease.

The agency says instead of gender-specific pronouns like him or her, use “they,” even when referring to one person. And talk about “parents” or “expectant parents” instead of mothers or fathers. After making the hundreds of language changes the CDC recommends, who has time to defeat COVID-19?

The CDC’s got mission confusion. With parts of the U.S. considering more COVID lockdowns, Americans don’t need language lessons on political correctness. They need scientific information on how to reduce the risk of being infected by this virus indoors. That’s key to reopening workplaces and returning to normal.

And we certainly don't need the CDC distracted with a phony "gun violence disease".

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nomad said:

Rochesters two major health systems just sent letters to their employees, get the shot or “we” consider that you resigned ( so no unemployment) oh and no accrued vacation pay one says. This applies to work from home employees as well… I’ve only read one systems letter , not sure how the two compare in all details .

25% of the nurses said they won’t get the shot ,  currently the nursing staff at the hospital my daughter works at is down close to 20% . 

Edit. Here’s the other letter , I don’t have a copy of the other systems right now 

D1A6958E-7C07-455E-9AC8-0FF5BE9B6342.png

Feel bad for the employees, and the patients. 

• Like 1

Podcast host Joe Rogan told his millions of followers Wednesday that he has Covid-19 and used ivermectin, a drug typically used on livestock that health experts have urged the public to avoid.

Rogan, host of the immensely popular Spotify podcast "The Joe Rogan Experience," posted a video to Instagram explaining that he tested positive for Covid following his return from a live show on Saturday. He said he had “fevers and sweats” and that he “threw the kitchen sink” at the illness.

His treatments included monoclonal antibodies and ivermectin, Rogan said. Ivermectin, which is not an anti-viral drug, is generally used to treat or prevent parasites in animals such as horses.

The media wont like this , Rogan has more downloads a month then any major news network has viewers by far.

I’ve a thought how’s about these travelers drop idk 60 pounds or so . My God the single best thing after quitting smoking a person can do health wise . Two buddies dropped 50-60# , they are off any meds they were on, move better , feel better , look better and apparently a major covid risk is removed .

60F1958E-24D4-4A25-BC05-F0B42C201BE2.png

9 hours ago, Waterfowler said:

Maybe for someone with comorbidities. But for a normal healthy person, the risk from a experimental vaccine outweighs getting COVID. 

I'm going to have to disagree with you, and the emerging data supports me. Not wanting to start an argument, so I will only respond once, but even fully healthy folks are more at risk from COVID than the vaccine - both in terms of mortality and complications. But that doesn't mean that it's not your choice. Everyone gets to decide for themselves whether to get the jab.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I’ve a thought how’s about these travelers drop idk 60 pounds or so . My God the single best thing after quitting smoking a person can do health wise . Two buddies dropped 50-60# , they are off any meds they were on, move better , feel better , look better and apparently a major covid risk is removed .

60F1958E-24D4-4A25-BC05-F0B42C201BE2.png

Ive been dialing in my diet lately and try to get a 3 mile run before work , i feel incredible. One thing ive added a lot more of is healthy fats ,3 fish oil a day , 2 tablespoons of almond butter and most recently a half an avocado a day. The healthy fat thing is hopefully going to keep my brain healthy when i get old but is also good for overall health.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Hospital workers worked all during 2020 thinking they might die and were lauded as heroes, even given parades.  Now they are going to fire them because they question the govt telling them they must comply with an order that only protects them from dying in .05% of all virus cases?  (99.95% of people survive the virus and healthy people close to 100%)  Some hospital workers can prove they are at high risk of illness if they get the vax, and they will still fire them if they don't!

How could one year make such a difference in the public's perception of them?

Easy.  Biden was ordained the President in 2021.

Nonsense. If the Covid vaccine were available at the beginning of the pandemic, we would have been mandated to be vaccinated. 

15 minutes ago, knehrke said:

I'm going to have to disagree with you, and the emerging data supports me. Not wanting to start an argument, so I will only respond once, but even fully healthy folks are more at risk from COVID than the vaccine - both in terms of mortality and complications. But that doesn't mean that it's not your choice. Everyone gets to decide for themselves whether to get the jab.

Not looking to argue either. But I can have a civil discussion with rational people such as yourself. We don’t know what this very new vaccine is going to do to people down the road. Neither you nor I do. For me, personally, I’ll take my chances because of the lifestyle I live. You said everyone gets to decide whether they get the jab or not, let’s just hope it stays that way as it should. 

Edited by Waterfowler
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Ive been dialing in my diet lately and try to get a 3 mile run before work , i feel incredible. One thing ive added a lot more of is healthy fats ,3 fish oil a day , 2 tablespoons of almond butter and most recently a half an avocado a day. The healthy fat thing is hopefully going to keep my brain healthy when i get old but is also good for overall health.

Joe rogan got  covid 

Is over it already not sure if he was vax or not 

10 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

And these studies are where?   And by whom???

Good post  4 seasons , Yea chef  you should post them here it would be helpful .

Like I said if u got covid 19 and  got over it just fine . Why bother with a new vax  unless  studies show u get even more immunity with the vax  then just natural immunity from having it already if not  that's just crazy why take it  ?  Makes sense if you never got it I guess but for those that had it not sure about that . That's why mandates are BS  not everyone is the same .  

Edited by phantom

13 minutes ago, Waterfowler said:

Rogan was not vaccinated. He’s already fine. 

Yea  you see what I mean plus now they got new Therapeutics and we know how to treat the disease .

At first there was no treatment for it its different now .  By all means if you are unhealthy take the vax . Your odds are better with the vax for sure if you are in that group .

Edited by phantom

I’m vaccinated as well as my wife and our adult daughters too . Mrs Nomad also dropped 20 some pounds ( quit smoking put on 30 ). 

Our body , our choice . I know plenty of cops and FF who are not and support them 100% .

Yup, I will say since the start of the pandemic I’m down 30lbs and have completely stopped all tobacco use besides the occasional cigar..

It think we can all use this pandemic to
Better ourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Does anyone have proof of how the participants covid status where determined? If this data is only from the PCR tests and not antibodies testing than the studies are junk as we now know the PCR test to not be reliable. If it is all garbage data in than it will all be garbage data out.

Verrazano uninformed comment not the PCR test one brand of test you have Fucced up facts

You and everyone else has no idea how many people had it with zero symptoms. How many americans do feel have had covid ? Not just positive cases, conservatively 2/3 of the population ?

I would guess it’s between 40 and 60%

1 minute ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

This is part of the problem in this country. People listening to Joe Rogan,  instead of science,Holy sh*t folks.

People trust there own eyes ,  doctors friends more then the gov tools bro you make the mistake of thinking  just because someone calls himself a "scientist" they can't make a mistake or f****** bs you for money snake oil  business been around for over 100 years  buddy you have to be cautious .

1 minute ago, phantom said:

People trust there own eyes ,  doctors friends more then the gov tools bro you make the mistake of thinking  just because someone calls himself a "scientist" they can't make a mistake or f****** bs you for money snake oil  business been around for over 100 years  buddy you have to be cautious .

If you want to get advice from Joe Rogan regarding infectious desease that's your choice. I'll stick with science and what my own physician says. 

2 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Untrue. Our older population who are to ignorant to get vaccinated have a much higher death rate. Your rate of 99% is for overall population. But again, that's survival rate and doesn't go into long term effects and long term hospitalizations of people much younger. You'll understand my point when you or a loved ones emergency care is compromised by old fat people filling up emergency rooms. It's already happening. 

Sorry, the death rate is extremely low for even those with co morbidities. The treatments that have been proven effective are the result, not the vax.

7 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

If you want to get advice from Joe Rogan regarding infectious desease that's your choice. I'll stick with science and what my own physician says. 

I'm not saying you are wrong I'm saying  you can't be blind  to things,  by all means your doctor is the  one you should be trusting . Ask him best advice you are going to get probably. Not the fake doc on the tv . 

Your personal doctor is going to have all you medical records he will know better then anyone how bad you need the vaccine .  

Edited by phantom

Also the idiot didn’t just take ivermectin he also took monoclonal antibodies… so when he is cure it will be from that not the horse meds

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

Also the idiot didn’t just take ivermectin he also took monoclonal antibodies… so when he is cure it will be from that not the horse meds

Joe rogan takes steroids to don't forgot .

But trump and a  bunch of celebrities got this even Prince Charles had it before the vax was around to help or any medication was around. You just don't know . 

Edited by phantom