Vaccination

The military has been mandating vaccines forever. George Washington's troops were inoculated for small pox. You get stationed overseas and you'll feel like a pin cushion before your deployment. But nice try Mr Grouse

Big difference, the other vaccines we get in the military prevent us from getting said virus. 98% of military are under age 40 and without immune disorders with a 99.9% survival rate of Corona. With a 99.8% of survival without hospitalization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

You don't really believe that now? Anyone I know currently serving wouldn't leave because of Joe Biden. If anything service members can now feel more at ease in avoiding a combat deployment because Bidens in office. Your facts are all wet. Need I post stats of military servicemen deaths under republican presidents compared to Democrat presidents in the last 50 yrs. Mr Grouse you really have to stop just making things up. I know your mad that Trump got the boot after one term but thats the way things go sometime

How many service people do you really know? To a person every one(family and friends)  I know  is republican.  I'm sure there are some democrats among them, I just havn't met one yet.

• Like 2

Service members who's enlistment contract is expiring are leaving the military in droves.  They do not want to serve under a POTUS that is likely to order them to their deaths when the SHTF.  They know what this fool is capable of and they want no part of it.

The same thing happened under Obama.  

I know many in the service or retired from it.  Believe me, i hear it all the time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

I can do one better.  Somalia has only 0.6% of its population vaccinated.   They are a population of 16,000,000. They have under 1,000 deaths!!!  I hear crickets about them too.   The real question is why aren’t we following Somalia’s lead on covid?

Nobody wants to admit the reason it's so bad is because the vast majority of americans are unhealthy (myself included)

29 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Nobody wants to admit the reason it's so bad is because the vast majority of americans are unhealthy (myself included)

Yep  its because this virus goes after people that are older and already a little or a lot  messed up . In Afghanistan they die young and only the strong survive like the animal world over there if you are not already really heathy you will die way before this virus got you. 

Even if the vax is safe I'm not sure I want to live in a world that everyone depends on drugs like that to survive.  Like ok,  take it once twice not a big deal i guess but the way they are talking they  want this to be a on going thing the new normal .  

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

The natural immune protection that develops after a SARS-CoV-2 infection offers considerably more of a shield against the Delta variant of the pandemic coronavirus than two doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, according to a large Israeli study that some scientists wish came with a “Don’t try this at home” label. The newly released data show people who once had a SARS-CoV-2 infection were much less likely than never-infected, vaccinated people to get Delta, develop symptoms from it, or become hospitalized with serious COVID-19.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-vaccination-remains-vital?utm_source=join1440&utm_medium=email

The study, led by Tal Patalon and Sivan Gazit at KSM, the system’s research and innovation arm, found in two analyses that never-infected people who were vaccinated in January and February were, in June, July, and the first half of August, six to 13 times more likely to get infected than unvaccinated people who were previously infected with the coronavirus. In one analysis, comparing more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID-19 was 27 times higher among the vaccinated, and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher.

Edited by Grouse

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

Yep  its because this virus goes after people that are older and already a little or a lot  messed up . In Afghanistan they die young and only the strong survive like the animal world over there if you are not already really heathy you will die way before this virus got you. 

Even if the vax is safe I'm not sure I want to live in a world that everyone depends on drugs like that to survive.  Like ok,  take it once twice not a big deal i guess but the way they are talking they  want this to be a on going thing the new normal .  

I think a big part of it is they are always outside too ,not cooped up inside airconditiomed rooms breathing the same air all day. 

Sierra Leone has only 120 deaths… TOTAL!!!!  Why is it that we can’t follow Sierra Leone’s health guidelines.   I trust Somalia and Sierra Leone are telling the truth about this.   They are well respected in the world as far as public health, so why is that we can’t do what they are doing?   

You are kidding, right? I don't know about Sierra Leone, but Somalia has one of the worst health care systems in the world. Only about ~15% of their rural population even has access to health care. I know folks from Somalia who say that their low numbers are because folks died at home, unreported. Volunteers go to Somalia because there are so few medical professionals in country. If they fared better, it may indeed be because the average age of death pre-COVID was 57 years old. 

That's like saying the way to beat Alzheimers is to kill everybody before they reach age 60. 

IMHO, this is not a construct to be put on a pedestal.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Sierra Leone has only 120 deaths… TOTAL!!!!  Why is it that we can’t follow Sierra Leone’s health guidelines.   I trust Somalia and Sierra Leone are telling the truth about this.   They are well respected in the world as far as public health, so why is that we can’t do what they are doing?   

I understand your reply’s are sarcasm but why not look to Japan with a healthcare system rated almost 4x better than ours. What they are finding is contaminated Moderna vaccines and using ivermectin.

57 minutes ago, knehrke said:

You are kidding, right? I don't know about Sierra Leone, but Somalia has one of the worst health care systems in the world. Only about ~15% of their rural population even has access to health care. I know folks from Somalia who say that their low numbers are because folks died at home, unreported. Volunteers go to Somalia because there are so few medical professionals in country. If they fared better, it may indeed be because the average age of death pre-COVID was 57 years old. 

That's like saying the way to beat Alzheimers is to kill everybody before they reach age 60. 

IMHO, this is not a construct to be put on a pedestal.

But but Somalia has virtually no cases along with Afghanistan and Sierra Leone……  

Excellent Alzheimers analogy btw. 

I can do one better.  Somalia has only 0.6% of its population vaccinated.   They are a population of 16,000,000. They have under 1,000 deaths!!!  I hear crickets about them too.   The real question is why aren’t we following Somalia’s lead on covid?

What lead these are 3rd world shitholes that don’t even have a established medical system in most of the country. Follow the lead on what.. not testing and reporting

Still waiting on the answer from the protectors of Biden, unless they totally agree with the intentional spreading of covid to help their Pro Vaccination cause ?

Think about this, If the Dems cared about Americans, they wouldn't be sending illegals that they know are covid + all over the country by the thousands, spreading the Delta variant nationwide.

Why would they knowingly do such a thing ?

New Zealand gets one case, they close their borders and are lauded for their response.

America closes it's borders and we're called racists ?

Total lunacy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

I understand your reply’s are sarcasm but why not look to Japan with a healthcare system rated almost 4x better than ours. What they are finding is contaminated Moderna vaccines and using ivermectin.

Ill take your word on that.  And Im not even disagreeing with you.  I haven’t heard of what your saying in regards to Japan.  Ill look into that. 

But comparing 3rd world countries to the US isn't comparing apples to apples.  Healthcare there is bottom of the barrel.   Do they even really test?  Would you even want to go to a hospital there?  To say “these depressed nations somehow have it together but we cant “ is a silly argument.   I cited Sierra Leone.   Does anyone really think that since they have so few cases (and i use that term lightly) they somehow have figured it out because the US has so many more?   No way in hell!!!

And the taliban banned the vaccine?  Im assuming that is supposed to make you believe that they know something we dont or they care about their people.  They just hung someone from a helicopter and paraded the body across the sky. I dont think they have one care about whats best for their people. 

Edited by diplomat019
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, diplomat019 said:

Ill take your word on that.  And Im not even disagreeing with you.  I haven’t heard of what your saying in regards to Japan.  Ill look into that. 

But comparing 3rd world countries to the US isn't comparing apples to apples.  Healthcare there is bottom of the barrel.   Do they even really test?  Would you even want to go to a hospital there?  To say “these depressed nations somehow have it together but we cant “ is a silly argument.   I cited Sierra Leone.   Does anyone really think that since they have so few cases (and i use that term lightly) they somehow have figured it out because the US has so many more?   No way in hell!!!

And the taliban banned the vaccine?  Im assuming that is supposed to make you believe that they know something we dont or they care about their people.  They just hung someone from a helicopter and paraded the body across the sky. I dont think they have one care about whats best for their people. 

I completely agree comparing 3rd world countries to our health system is a faulty comparison. I saw your sarcasm and offered you a better comparison of a higher rated health system and what they are finding which I hope you do take the time to look into.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

What lead these are 3rd world shitholes that don’t even have a established medical system in most of the country. Follow the lead on what.. not testing and reporting

They also dont smoke cigarettes ,drink beer or eat shit food every single day.

19 minutes ago, Shoots100 said:

Still waiting on the answer from the protectors of Biden, unless they totally agree with the intentional spreading of covid to help their Pro Vaccination cause ?

Think about this, If the Dems cared about Americans, they wouldn't be sending illegals that they know are covid + all over the country by the thousands, spreading the Delta variant nationwide.

Why would they knowingly do such a thing ?

New Zealand gets one case, they close their borders and are lauded for their response.

America closes it's borders and we're called racists ?

Total lunacy.

Clearly something is going on at the border or the administration wouldnt have banned any kind of filming to take place.