Jump to content

LIVE From The Woods 2021 Stories And Pictures Let's Have Em!


grampy

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, WNYTRPR said:

And you do it in the most original forms . .When i think of the definition of a “Hunter”,the way you do it is what comes to my mind .Anyone can sit in front of a Food plot .

That’s not as easy as it sounds.  This button buck was pretty elusive when he stepped out onto my clover plot at 4:18 pm yesterday.  He showed up two minutes prior to the previous time, two days prior, so I wasn’t  quite ready.
 

 My gun was pointed in the wrong direction, and he came from a place I didn’t expect.  He would take a step or two, then turn away.  Each time he turned, I inched my gun his way, but he would turn back stared me down.  I had to freeze (he probably saw my orange hat), and try not to blink.

774699EC-AB92-49E3-88E0-18EA69AB720A.thumb.jpeg.bf18e7b74246cb940be5c06ba5cfa0d6.jpeg 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t eat  most of what I trap ,am I wrong ?

Do you trap to sell or use the pelts or to manage predators for the game you do hunt?

You see the difference right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would you quit hunting if you developed an allergy to red meat? I would not. 

I sure as heck would hunt a lot less. The topic has come up about cwd. What if it jumped to humans. Some real good meateater discussions on this. The passion i have for the sport would be greatly, greatly diminished.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

That’s not as easy as it sounds.  This button buck was pretty elusive when he stepped out onto my clover plot at 4:18 pm yesterday.  He showed up two minutes prior to the previous time, two days prior, so I wasn’t  quite ready.
 

 My gun was pointed in the wrong direction, and he came from a place I didn’t expect.  He would take a step or two, then turn away.  Each time he turned, I inched my gun his way, but he would turn back stared me down.  I had to freeze (he probably saw my orange hat), and try not to blink.

774699EC-AB92-49E3-88E0-18EA69AB720A.thumb.jpeg.bf18e7b74246cb940be5c06ba5cfa0d6.jpeg 

I understand that ,I’ve killed many to know that (not bragging).But IMO ,and before my ass gets jumped on ,I’m not discrediting anyone ,the way he does it is what I envision, a true hunter .

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That’s not as easy as it sounds.  This button buck was pretty elusive when he stepped out onto my clover plot at 4:18 pm yesterday.  He showed up two minutes prior to the previous time, two days prior, so I wasn’t  quite ready.
 
 My gun was pointed in the wrong direction, and he came from a place I didn’t expect.  He would take a step or two, then turn away.  Each time he turned, I inched my gun his way, but he would turn back stared me down.  I had to freeze (he probably saw my orange hat), and try not to blink.
774699EC-AB92-49E3-88E0-18EA69AB720A.thumb.jpeg.bf18e7b74246cb940be5c06ba5cfa0d6.jpeg 

The dumbest deer in the woods is not illusive. We’ve seem the pic at least 3 times now. How many more is needed?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Belo said:


The dumbest deer in the woods is not illusive. We’ve seem the pic at least 3 times now. How many more is needed?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebodies got to put up some deer pics since your too scared to put up any.  

  • Like 9
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Belo said:


Do you trap to sell or use the pelts or to manage predators for the game you do hunt?

You see the difference right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the spring ,summer ,they all get tossed .Hundreds if not thousands every year .The Fall and winter hides I do sell/use .

I don’t see the difference.If someone wants to hunt to donate ,by all means do it .If they hunt to chop antlers off and  leave the rest ,then they can live with that .

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

That’s not as easy as it sounds.  This button buck was pretty elusive when he stepped out onto my clover plot at 4:18 pm yesterday.  He showed up two minutes prior to the previous time, two days prior, so I wasn’t  quite ready.
 

 My gun was pointed in the wrong direction, and he came from a place I didn’t expect.  He would take a step or two, then turn away.  Each time he turned, I inched my gun his way, but he would turn back stared me down.  I had to freeze (he probably saw my orange hat), and try not to blink.

774699EC-AB92-49E3-88E0-18EA69AB720A.thumb.jpeg.bf18e7b74246cb940be5c06ba5cfa0d6.jpeg 

I have a feeling I’ll be seeing this pic a lot lol

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the spring ,summer ,they all get tossed .Hundreds if not thousands every year .The Fall and winter hides I do sell/use .
I don’t see the difference.If someone wants to hunt to donate ,by all means do it .If they hunt to chop antlers off and  leave the rest ,then they can live with that .
 

But are you doing it for a reason? Just answer the question.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Somebodies got to put up some deer pics since your too scared to put up any.  

Bro I ain’t scared. I’ve explained my reasons enough and for you I owe nothing lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Belo said:


But are you doing it for a reason? Just answer the question.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes ,because I love to do it .I don’t need the money ,I don’t need to do it .i do it for nobody but myself .

Edited by WNYTRPR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the spring ,summer ,they all get tossed .Hundreds if not thousands every year .The Fall and winter hides I do sell/use .
I don’t see the difference.If someone wants to hunt to donate ,by all means do it .If they hunt to chop antlers off and  leave the rest ,then they can live with that .
 

That’s disturbing. Your ok with someone shooting a deer to cut the antlers off and leaving the rest to rot?

And fine with trapping and tossing hundreds or thousands of animals to boot?

I may be misunderstanding and if so I apologize.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link to comment
Share on other sites


But why go out and kill something you have no intentions of eating.. sounds like killing for pleasure if you ask me.

You know one of those waring Signs to mental illness


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh boy... He never said the meat was going to waste. Isn't this the same thing as shaming someone for shooting a deer that isn't up to your standards? You've never killed anything you have no intention of eating? Coyote? Skunk? Opossum? Crow? Diver ducks?
Jesus, you people must've had bad Christmases or something. Who cares when someone else guts their deer?? You aren't eating it, and it's no different than letting one lay overnight. I wouldn't have made the same choice not to gut the deer then, but I'm not eating it and I'm sure it's fine.

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

Deer in snow, little in the woods is cooler.

I miss the season already
a434f17ba420f7e0c033c3af9faea9d0.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I missed this scenery this season. May just go out and sit and watch wild life next weekend.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Fletch said:


That’s disturbing. Your ok with someone shooting a deer to cut the antlers off and leaving the rest to rot?

And fine with trapping and tossing hundreds or thousands of animals to boot?

I may be misunderstanding and if so I apologize.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’re not misunderstanding anything .By law ,they must be discarded .So yes ,they get tossed .Cant handle that then I’m sorry .And I absolutely don’t agree with cutting antlers off and leaving them .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, chrisw said:

Seems to me like we need a good ole fashioned "Gangs of NY" style meetup. Bring your own weapons, (no crossbows, that's cheating)...

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk
 

Is a .243 too much ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...