Potential new world record from Kentucky.

mowin

1 hour ago, suburbanfarmer said:

No different than hunting pheasants at a preserve....I am quite sure that if we were offered a free hunt in the preserve, most will jump on it.

You bet your ass they would. Just like they would hunt stocked birds or harvest a Buffalo for the freezer or what have you.     Again when it comes to Whitetail’s it’s all about the antlers and even the ones that can’t afford and complain about it would take a 200 inch whitetail hunt in a Ny minute. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

@Four Season Whitetail's would know better than me, but I believe it's people with crazy money who want something unique. Some wealthy guys are into exotic/rare cars, or real estate, etc. In this case, I think they want to outspend the next guy for a particular buck. Or maybe a lot of it is corporate hunts? Businesses taking clients on these hunts? They have their "meetings" at dinner, etc.

The really wealthy guys shoot the 400-500-600 inch bucks just for something to do. And you the common folk or anyone else will hear nothing about it anywhere. Most high fence hunts are 130 -180 class Whitetails and then 180-220. After that it’s the very wealthy guys that continue on. There are ranches in Ny that make over 500 grand on corporate hunts alone. Wine and dine and streak and lobster laying in the hot tub for 3 days. And kill the biggest buck of their life. I know people who shoot 3-4 200 inch bucks every year behind fence and donates every ounce of meat.    Most people are clueless as to how big high fence really is in this world. And most of those involved that make 6 figures a year raising the greatest animal on the planet could care less. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

You bet your ass they would. Just like they would hunt stocked birds or harvest a Buffalo for the freezer or what have you.     Again when it comes to Whitetail’s it’s all about the antlers and even the ones that can’t afford and complain about it would take a 200 inch whitetail hunt in a Ny minute. 

That's not true .

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

I guarantee I wouldn’t be the one. Much rather continue to shoot P/Y free range deer. 200-300” canned buck means nothing to real hunters. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Waterfowler said:

I guarantee I wouldn’t be the one. Much rather continue to shoot P/Y free range deer. 200-300” canned buck means nothing to real hunters. 

Exactly , theres still plenty of guys who still do it for the hunt . I dont need an arranged harvest for something to hang on the wall . That's the equivalent of hitting a deer with your truck and having it mounted .LOL 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suburbanfarmer said:

No different than hunting pheasants at a preserve.

The difference is that few if any guys would mount it. Or brag about it.  

42 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

And most of those involved that make 6 figures a year raising the greatest animal on the planet could care less. 

This seems to be a recurring theme with you ... how much money you make raising deer. If it's legal, then enjoy. But it seems a weird justification on a hunting forum.

• Like 1

I remember a fenced buck when i was younger. Every year he was 10 to 12 point. He was kept in a fenced in acre of land in someone back yard with a barn. He was a pet for sure.

Without fear of humans though he was very territorial and aggressive  during the fall months especially. You wouldn't dare step in the pen with him.

I have no interest in guided or high fenced hunts, but I like them being around. Those wealthy people some speak of pay for a hunt, instead of buying up and limiting access to land. Also I would be willing to bet alot of research on deer habitat,  health, and behavior has been done at those high fenced areas that we have all found benefits from. Also I am sure some people make a  living doing what they love, so I definitely support that.

Another benefit is being able to visit one and watch the deer. Can be a great day spent with children and making memories. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

I love how you can speak for us all , I 100% would not take a free fenced hunt no matter how big the rack . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Four Seasons said:

Because 99.9% would and truth be known you would also. Free trip to Texas 10.000 acre ranch. Riiiiiight. 

Again I love how you think all of us will just give up our own personal morals for big antlers. You truly crack me up . There’s way more to a hunt than big antlers..

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, left field said:

The difference is that few if any guys would mount it. Or brag about it.  

This seems to be a recurring theme with you ... how much money you make raising deer. If it's legal, then enjoy. But it seems a weird justification on a hunting forum.

Well when about everyone that raise Whitetails pulls 6 figures that shows what the true size and strength of where the industry sits. And the same hunting forum that promotes shooting other stocked hand raised game!  Is that the forum you speak of. Hypocrite Much? 

Just now, Four Seasons said:

Who says it has to be antlers. Meat hunts happen every day. Flatheads get dropped by the hundreds.   

So why would I go to Texas to shoot a doe? When I have my dmp’s for here . So these guys making 6 figures are making that kind of money on doe hunts then ? You keep bragging about the 200-400 inch deer being shot and how much money you they make, we all know what your were referencing to when you said we all would take a free hunt. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rob-c said:

So why would I go to Texas to shoot a doe? When I have my dmp’s for here . So these guys making 6 figures are making that kind of money on doe hunts then ? You keep bragging about the 200-400 inch deer being shot and how much money you they make, we all know what your were referencing to when you said we all would take a free hunt. 

Every doe sold goes towards the bottom line just like every buck. Care to show where I was bragging about anything by answering a question asked. Don’t have to reference anything. It’s a fact that most would accept a free ride to any high fence hunt.  

5 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

Exactly. Half the so called hunters that bitch about high fence I promise you I could put them in a high fence preserve with a trail cam pic and give them 2 days with any weapon they want and they wound walk out with only their pride in check.  There are no doubt some places that should not be because of size or actions.   In this day it’s not real tough to kill a deer if your any kind of hunter at all and the fact is they are not making land anymore but make people every minute. One day you will see hunting done mostly on high fence properties. Hell Ny is one of the smallest when it comes to high fence and there is a shortage of animals every single year. To each their own but high fence hunting will only continue to grow and like anything else the people that do the most work to keep it real will continue to have great success. 

How many acres ? How many deer inside it ?

I mean it all depends on size doesn't it if you got a couple of square miles and only  2 or 3 deer in there . Could be as you say i guess .

But is that the norm with those places ?

I always got the impression they packed the animals in like sardines in those places.  

Edited by phantom

13 minutes ago, phantom said:

How many acres ? How many deer inside it ?

I mean it all depends on size doesn't it if you got a couple of square miles and only  2 or 3 deer in there . Could be as you say i guess .

But is that the norm with those places ?

I always got the impression they packed the animals in like sardines in those places.  

I’m sure there are some that don’t run places prob as they should but most places like that don’t stay in business long.   I love how many…..Even most on here… have never stepped foot on a high fence operation but are full of opinion. I can also tell you that I could take those same people to ranches and give them a pic of a buck and 2 days to kill that buck and they would come out with their balls in their hands. And prob still call it not hunting.   

• Like 1

I think it depends on the size and amount of animals. My dad took me on a canned hog hunt in Ny 20 yrs ago, was small and not challenging. I have also been on a 115,000 acre ranch in Texas hog hunting and that was a hunt. 

Bottom line for me is of some loser wants to mount his farm deer and spend thousands that’s up to him, I don’t agree but don’t lose sleep over it. My biggest complaint is, it’s a negative look on all real hunters

12 minutes ago, Waterfowler said:

I think it depends on the size and amount of animals. My dad took me on a canned hog hunt in Ny 20 yrs ago, was small and not challenging. I have also been on a 115,000 acre ranch in Texas hog hunting and that was a hunt. 

Bottom line for me is of some loser wants to mount his farm deer and spend thousands that’s up to him, I don’t agree but don’t lose sleep over it. My biggest complaint is, it’s a negative look on all real hunters

Real hunters?   Are those the same ones that get caught shooting waterfowl with lead shot or no plug?  Or the 100’s caught every year shooting deer at night with lights? And the list goes on. Trust me. Anyone that has an issue with hunters could give two shits where or what they hunt. 

@Four Season Whitetail's Have you ever taken a buck inside a fence? If so, how big was it? Was it as satisfying as a free range deer? Since you seem to think we are all just jealous we can't hunt in a fence, I'm genuinely curious if you have?

Sent from my moto g fast using Tapatalk

Real hunters?   Are those the same ones that get caught shooting waterfowl with lead shot or no plug?  Or the 100’s caught every year shooting deer at night with lights? And the list goes on. Trust me. Anyone that has an issue with hunters could give two shits where or what they hunt. 
Not for nothing but, I'd look down at someone less for shooting waterfowl with lead shot than someone paying to shoot a deer in a fence. I get it, you're somehow mingled up in the business so naturally you'll never admit what type of slob hunters you cater to most often. I don't really care what you do or how much you make doing it, if it's legal then go for it. But don't try to insult all of us by saying we can't kill a buck in a fence or we would jump at the chance, but since we all apparently can't afford it, we don't. I have hunted a high fence and it was a pathetic excuse for hunting. I don't speak for all of them but I know where I stand.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, chrisw said:

Not for nothing but, I'd look down at someone less for shooting waterfowl with lead shot than someone paying to shoot a deer in a fence. I get it, you're somehow mingled up in the business so naturally you'll never admit what type of slob hunters you cater to most often. I don't really care what you do or how much you make doing it, if it's legal then go for it. But don't try to insult all of us by saying we can't kill a buck in a fence or we would jump at the chance, but since we all apparently can't afford it, we don't. I have hunted a high fence and it was a pathetic excuse for hunting. I don't speak for all of them but I know where I stand.

Lets all agree to disagree and move on :)