Covid round two!

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Got a test yesterday and it was negative. Which I couldn't believe. I've had fever for 3 days, sore throat, fatigue.  Took my test in Camden outside and it was -7.  But they then tell me if symptoms don't go away in 24 hours or so to call my Dr and get tested again. WTH. 

I know and have heard from others of so many negative tests then test again and it's positive.  Either way I've had something.  I would prob still have worked if it wasn't for covid protocol.  Haven't been out of work sick for two days in a row ever.  Haven't had a cold in 3 years. But have to stay out for 72 hours fever free. 

I was actually hoping I had it and get it over with. Still don't believe I don't.  Would a test in -7 even work? Dunno . I've got 450 hours of sick time but still hard to believe it isn't covid.  I had a test scheduled for Thursday before I found this other one and think I am going to get tested again. But looking like I will be out of work this week and prob back on Tues.  

Went to get tested yesterday about 15 minutes away and was exhausted after.  Other than that I feel fine .  

Crazy for sure.ive been checking n no temp here,following protocol aswell.get plenty of rest and pump the fluids like sbuff said!!!!in the 10 years I've been with this job this is prob the third time I've called in sick and first time with 2 days in a row

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Crazy for sure.ive been checking n no temp here,following protocol aswell.get plenty of rest and pump the fluids like sbuff said!!!!in the 10 years I've been with this job this is prob the third time I've called in sick and first time with 2 days in a row

Hope you feel better too. Lay low and rest up.  

I am not blaming my thyroid… I was not talking about me I was just making a point to the the recently unemployed that not all fat people are fat by choice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat people have a choice not to be fat.

I’ve been gainfully employed full time since I was 14. I am still employed by the state, I am burning vacation time. Not to mention I am self employed. When my time is out I will no longer be employed by the state because I refuse to get a shot I don’t need, don’t worry I won’t touch any unemployment money, I’ll leave that for your fellow voters.

• Haha 1

Forcing the vax on the masses is not supported by the science!!

"The overwhelming number of deaths, over 75%, occurred in people who had at least four comorbidities, so these are people who were unwell to begin with." —CDC Director Rochelle Walensky ("There have been 836,000 covid deaths in America. 75% of 836K is 627,000. This means they shut down the country, stole two years of education from children, sent thousands of businesses under, and caused mass hysteria when only 209,000 deaths weren't people already deathly sick." —Greg Price)

• Like 1

You can not mandate your way out of this. The mandates are worse for the state and country, than the virus itself!

At this point on this one issue I agree with you… if the vaccine stops most hospitalization and 99% of death and it is already mandated for these people then that is enough.

I support certain mandates at certain times…. During periods of extremely high transmission, I am good with mask mandates. I am ok with a mandate of the original vaccine for people in certain congregant settings. While I think that any reasonable adult should get the vaccine as it really does benefit our society. We can’t mandate to the point that it hurts either

15 minutes ago, Chef said:

I am good with mask mandates. I am ok with a mandate of the original vaccine for people in certain congregant settings.

The mask mandates mean squat with no means to enforce it. When you can see thousands of people crammed together at football games, and other venues without masks. It is nothing to go in stores and see people not wearing masks.

Mandates like laws that cannot be enforced are a total waste of time and resources and serves no purpose for the benefit of society.

The mask mandates mean squat with no means to enforce it. When you can see thousands of people crammed together at football games, and other venues without masks. It is nothing to go in stores and see people not wearing masks.
 Mandates like laws that cannot be enforced are a total waste of time and resources and serves no purpose for the benefit of society.

What about visitors to a nursing home, hospital, school settings. Places like that.

They do have benefit in plenty of situations

10 minutes ago, Steve D said:

Football games are outdoors, for the most part.  I don't think there are currently any mask mandates for outdoor events- i could be wrong about that.

Mask mandates are impossible to enforce.  Unfortunately, they rely on peoples' sense of decency and concern for their fellow community members.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chef said:

They do have benefit in plenty of situations

Mandate if they will where it might make a difference but to mandate the entire population that isn't going to follow it anyway and is not enforceable becomes a waste of time and resources.

Similar to the "contact tracing" they just figured out doesn't serve a purpose and unsustainable.

54 minutes ago, grampy said:

You can not mandate your way out of this. The mandates are worse for the state and country, than the virus itself!

Actually you can - it's called communist China. Lol

Wear a mask or be arrested. If sick stay in your home or be locked in.  

Its prob the reason the US is doing so bad with this virus, but what do you want to give up for it?  Certainly not all of our liberties. Hopefully we never see a virus that is far deadlier than this one. 

• Like 1

@Chef How come i haven't heard a single complaint from you about the way Biden has handled this Virus? Handed all the tools and here we are with record cases, no testing available etc.  You sure were willing to pick on Trump for his handling of the virus. Which, while not perfect, was about 1000 times better than what we are seeing now. 

Mandate if they will where it might make a difference but to mandate the entire population that isn't going to follow it anyway and is not enforceable becomes a waste of time and resources.
 Similar to the "contact tracing" they just figured out doesn't serve a purpose and unsustainable.

See here is where you are wrong… with the first two surges it played a huge roll… contact tracing that is… omicron just spreads to fast and at this point makes no sense.. it’s called evolving with the science.

To you mandate point. So since some people are selfish asshats and won’t listen it’s not worth mandating.

[mention=762]Chef[/mention] How come i haven't heard a single complaint from you about the way Biden has handled this Virus? Handed all the tools and here we are with record cases, no testing available etc.  You sure were willing to pick on Trump for his handling of the virus. Which, while not perfect, was about 1000 times better than what we are seeing now. 

I do agree Biden has not done a great job with the virus when it comes to testing and getting certain messaging out.

I disagree that trump did better

4 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

@Chef How come i haven't heard a single complaint from you about the way Biden has handled this Virus? Handed all the tools and here we are with record cases, no testing available etc.  You sure were willing to pick on Trump for his handling of the virus. Which, while not perfect, was about 1000 times better than what we are seeing now. 

Not defending Biden in the least but no one in any country has handled this well. And also not thinking anything Trump would have done would have lowered any cases.  He wouldn't have done all the mandates but I also don't know what he would or could have done to stop the spread of it.  It's a pandemic and elect anyone in the world and they aren't stopping natural causes. Biden is a buffoon but the answer to the virus isn't on any election ticket.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Not defending Biden in the least but no one in any country has handled this well. And also not thinking anything Trump would have done would have lowered any cases.  He wouldn't have done all the mandates but I also don't know what he would or could have done to stop the spread of it.  It's a pandemic and elect anyone in the world and they aren't stopping natural causes. Biden is a buffoon but the answer to the virus isn't on any election ticket.

I agree with that, BUT if Trump was president, we wouldn't see all these mandates, people would be working, there wouldn't be a supply chain crisis and there would be testing available while you are actually sick instead of having to wait until you feel better when your able to finally get in. The answer wouldn't be Google it....

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chef said:

I do agree Biden has not done a great job with the virus when it comes to testing and getting certain messaging out.

I disagree that trump did better

Really? Never had to wait a week to get a covid test. Maybe it isn't like that downstate but up here getting a covid test is damn near impossible. 

14 minutes ago, Chef said:

See here is where you are wrong… with the first two surges it played a huge roll… contact tracing that is… omicron just spreads to fast and at this point makes no sense.. it’s called evolving with the science.

What else is new. In your eyes everyone but you are wrong.

11-25.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ApexerER said:

I agree with that, BUT if Trump was president, we wouldn't see all these mandates, people would be working, there wouldn't be a supply chain crisis and there would be testing available while you are actually sick instead of having to wait until you feel better when your able to finally get in. The answer wouldn't be Google it....

I agree but your statement was about amount of cases. We were never going to stop this virus and Trump didn't have Delta and omicron.  I think everyone will and has struggled with this because we haven't dealt with it in our generation.  I think most are doing what they can with the info they are given. 

I agree that with Trump the process would have been different but the numbers of people getting it wouldn't make a difference. Plus a lot of the mandates have been state driven.  

4 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

Really? Never had to wait a week to get a covid test. Maybe it isn't like that downstate but up here getting a covid test is damn near impossible. 

Numbers were a lot lower then. With omicron counties are breaking records every day with positives. Manufacturing isn't being held up by Biden for tests. Only thing Trump could have done to make that better wwould be to use the war powers act and make companies manufacturer tests that aren't now. Which is also very dicey to do.  

I think you give him a little too much credit for what he "might" have done. I'm not a fan of either guy but Biden is def not an answer to anything other than a trivia question. Lol. 

That is because of the sheer amount of people getting sick right now due to omicron.

We are hitting records daily

1 hour ago, Chef said:

At this point on this one issue I agree with you… if the vaccine stops most hospitalization and 99% of death and it is already mandated for these people then that is enough.

I support certain mandates at certain times…. During periods of extremely high transmission, I am good with mask mandates. I am ok with a mandate of the original vaccine for people in certain congregant settings. While I think that any reasonable adult should get the vaccine as it really does benefit our society. We can’t mandate to the point that it hurts either

Where did you find 99% it is much higher than anything I can find and the lower numbers I found where for delta?

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abm0620

55169EDB-5441-440B-A564-3E0957CA194F.png

20 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I agree but your statement was about amount of cases. We were never going to stop this virus and Trump didn't have Delta and omicron.  I think everyone will and has struggled with this because we haven't dealt with it in our generation.  I think most are doing what they can with the info they are given. 

I agree that with Trump the process would have been different but the numbers of people getting it wouldn't make a difference. Plus a lot of the mandates have been state driven.  

I don't disagree, I think the powers that be have known they weren't going to stop this virus for more than a year. Yes back to Trump. Unless we can cure the common cold, we aren't curing this virus. Which makes my point in a previous post that we need to get back to normal and living life with the China Flu.  What i hate is the fact that we heard daily of Trumps failures which were all Monday morning QBing on a Virus nobody had ever dealt with. Then Biden runs on getting rid of covid, a line that anyone with a brain knew wasn't going to happen. The only thing he has done, is double down, triple down, quadruple down on a vaccine that isn't a vaccine. Get your vaccine, get your vaccine, get your vaccine, please, i am beggin you. Has he done a single other thing?  Have we gotten more testing? Have we gotten people back to work? Have we gotten rid of a vaccine mandate for a vaccine that doesn't work? Why haven't we loaded up on monoclonal antibodies? Why haven't we fast lined or operation warp speed the covid pills developed by Myreck and Phiser? Why are we making mask mandates when they have said cloth masks don't work. I haven't seen a single person wearing anything but a cloth mask or those cheap blue medical masks. Can't tell you the last time i saw an N95. 

The real science says, get back to life, the china flu is here to stay, mask or no masks, mandates or no mandates. What we need to do is fast track testing and treatments and nothing has been done in that regard.

• Thanks 1