Covid round two!

9 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

Not exactly. Last I checked it was the GOP thats been pushing free market society ideals. You know corporate rights and reduction in regulation, and those pesky little things are all things Republicans champion. I think corporations and businesses should be regulated. I know I have you confused now.

Yeah we saw where the world was under Republicans and now the once again useless democrats. Worry not. A few short months and the truths will once again be shown. Midterms mean everything 

• Like 1

Just the democratic way of thinking that is sinking this country. Congrats on doing your part of that. 

You don’t even understand your own party.. that is actually free market and a extremely Republican point of view.

It’s funny because you think I’m a liberal I’m not I’m republican.

You are just so ignorant you don’t even understand the party you vote for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Chef said:

Wait how is supporting corporate rights and small government a liberal idea.

How is a company being forced/mandated to fire a employee, corporate rights or small government? Now if a company wants to fire someone that is some what different but still some what a protected issue as you can’t fire someone for race, religion, sexual preference etc. But this is some how different. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 2

How is a company being forced/mandated to fire a employee, corporate rights or small government? 

Not all companies are doing this agains their will. I know plenty that put these principals in place before the administration forced it

They should be walking those policies back with an apology and returning bonus

I think the real issue we should be taking about is the reverse racism in NY and now minority communities are getting much more access to life saving drugs than predominantly white ones

• Like 1

We are already critically short staffed. Add in a vaccine mandate and it makes it worse no matter how you look at it. Either you mandate the vacc and tell people after they've worked for two years without it now and people leave which isn't an option. Or you do the testing and let's say 70 people at $40 a test is $2800 a week. Or you make them pay for it and they take a $40 a week hit and look for work elsewhere. No winning here. Esp now that the virus is a milder version and now we mandate the vaccine?  And it doesn't stop the spread of it at all.  Again no winning . 

Edited by Robhuntandfish

We are already critically short staffed. Add in a vaccine mandate and it makes it worse no matter how you look at it. Either you mandate the vacc and tell people after they've worked for two years without it now and people leave which isn't an option. Or you do the testing and let's say 70 people at $40 a test is $2800 a week. Or you make them pay for it and they take a $40 a week hit and look for work elsewhere. No winning here. Esp now that the virus is a milder version and now we mandate the vaccine?  And it doesn't stop the spread of it at all.  Again no winning . 

I think the real tragedy here is that we have so many people not willing to get the shot due to miss information.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chef said:

Not all companies are doing this agains their will. I know plenty that put these principals in place before the administration forced it

This started as a conversation on the government mandating companies to firing employees not companies firing employees because they want to. You said you where okay with the government mandating, lets not spin it into something more people will agree with. If your employers hand book stated about vaccination status when you were hired I would agree that it is lawful ie drug testing, but if not than this seems to be a violation of the rules you both agree to at the beginning. But I maybe willing to agree to a vaccine as long as the company is willing to pay me 24/7/365 for eternity as that is as long I will be forced to follow said companies new policy. As I can’t take it off at the end of the day like the rest of my PPE and will be with me for life even at it quickly waning status. Also they would have to be willing to pay for any adverse effects that at this time the manufacturers or government are not willing to pay for. (Note Australia is at 600k for this not enough). Also the Biden administration is regulating treatments based on race among other things see link. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-administration-guidance-prioritizes-race-administering-covid-drugs.amp

37 minutes ago, Chef said:

I think the real issue we should be taking about is the reverse racism in NY and now minority communities are getting much more access to life saving drugs than predominantly white ones

Exactly and the reason is that most minorities don't trust the government and won't get the Jab.

And then there's this;

Covid +

5 minutes ago, Chef said:

I think the real tragedy here is that we have so many people not willing to get the shot due to miss information.

Regardless of the reason the mandate is just causing further issues. Those that haven't gotten it by now just aren't going to whether any one likes it or not. And all this is doing now is causing more problems. And although I am pro vaccine I am anti mandate. We as a nation prob have higher infection rates but we also have free will and it can't be traded for an ineffective vaccine.  I can't see how penalizing a choice at this time is beneficial to anyone when the vaccine doesn't stop the spread. Although I do wish more would get it and I think most of the fear of it is ridiculous, it isn't affective enough of a tool to issue a mandate. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chef said:

You agreed that Fauci lied so yes there is a lot of miss information that has been put out some from the head scientist. Some don’t want to be the one to buy a Daewoo, you know the company that out sold Kia but collapsed in the USA after 4 years and screwed the customers. Some just want to give it time as we have all already seen the science evolve though out this. Where you finding parts for your daewoo these days anyway?

53 minutes ago, Chef said:

Like it would prevent one from getting it ? Or passing it ? Oh both those claims proved untrue. So now it’s oh you’ll not get it as bad . Honestly most vaccines take 10-15 years of development and testing phases before they hit the market , so we should trust the one year one , which went from one shot to two , then a booster event few months , dude you wouldn’t buy a car made like that . Don’t worry in a few years it might drive ok …

today the CDC said 75% of covid deaths had 4 or more comorbidities  . So get healthy ,It’s in your hands ,no,one else.

• Like 5

"Hochul urged parents to get their children vaccinated, saying that it's the key to the beating back the winter COVID surge along with the vaccine and booster." No. It isnt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro